Adsense estimated earnings show difference of €27.32

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. viking305 profile image94
    viking305posted 11 years ago

I am in Shock!

I just got the actual earnings from my Adsense account for the month of May. 

Estimated Earnings = €92.38   
    Actual earnings    = €65.06
    Difference of        €27.32

This I presume is for invalid clicks?

Never happened before.  There is usually only a difference of a few cents.

I went to the help forum on Google Adsense and it has happened to other people this month too.  Some have seen a difference of 50% to 90%!

Anyone know what Google is up to now.  I am really fed up with this new development.  How are we expected to write for hours every day when Google is playing God with our earnings?

Has anyone else here on HubPages suffered from this new development this month or before?

By the way I NEVER do anything to encourage invalid clicks or bad traffic from bad sites. I would not know how even if I was that type of person.

I have included two links here but not sure if this is allowed.

The Google Adsense Help Forum

http://productforums.google.com/forum/# … d-earnings

The Google Adsense Help Forum with only one of about 5 posts about this issue

http://productforums.google.com/forum/# … ZvQQjQeYkA

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It seems Google has a vendetta with content sites and this will perhaps continue until they disappear altogether.  I do know my earnings and traffic have been devastated by them since last August and have no hopes of a recovery any time soon.

I think HubPages is doomed.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Doomed. Doomed! DOOMED!!

In the end we all are, Randy.

But not for a while, with any luck.

I hope not Will, but at this point, who cares!  I was looking for a place to write when I found this one.  But at least we can remove our articles from this site, unlike others I've been a member of.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Last month I was in equal shock because my Adsense earnings were supposed to be over £240 (British Pounds) and I had been so surprised I had reported it as unusual activity. When it came to the end of the month they dropped my earnings by over £200, leaving me not even having earned enough to hit payout. No explanation in spite of emails to them, so I am none the wiser as to why this happened, (I use the HP AD program so this was really high earnings for Adsense).

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Uh-oh.

Something is badly wrong here.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89

Yes, it was rather odd, and it certainly hasn't happened this month as since the new HP layouts in certain categories and a distinct lack of visible Adsense, I am lucky to make a few pence a day, even though I was making payout every month until a couple of months back.

Of course, many of us were Misty.  It seems like there's so many things going wrong nowadays I don't have much incentive to write here anymore. As I said in another thread, I believe Google is slowly strangling these type sites out of existence.  sad

But were those people making payout on Adsense every month even though they were using the HP Ad Program and were relying on one Adsense block at the bottom right of their hubs to reach the 'Adsense only' payout threshold Randy? I was hitting payout on this basis every month, plus doing very well on HP's Ad program. I swear my Adsense (apart from the obvious weird earnings being withdrawn last month) is incredibly down, (to next to nothing,) and this has only happened since HP changed the layouts again.

My views are down loads too of course, and whilst I am still easily hitting payout on HP Ads within about 5 days of the new month, my Adsense is appallingly down, and my HP Ads income is down a great deal as well, although not to quite such a high percentage.

I definitely agree that Google seem to want to choke these kinds of sites to death.

Before the "plunge" last Aug. I was making Adsense  payout in a little over a week, not to mention good Amazon sales, Misty.  I switched over to HPads and EBay after the sudden fall and made payout on HPads but very little on Adsense.  EBay is a scam with someone somewhere raking in the bucks on the commissions while we get pennies. I'm through with EBay. 

So because of the EBay fiasco I switched back to Adsense and Amazon only, and they did seemed to do well for awhile.  I simply have no faith in HP's programs and had rather get paid by Amazon and Google directly. Now it's up and down with seemingly no pattern with normally the best time of the year for earnings coming up.

It doesn't look good for HP or us right now. That's about all I can say for sure.  Naturally, I hope I'm wrong!  smile

I was making enough each day on Adsense to ensure a payout at the end of the month, but fortunately also earning enough on the HP Ad Program to earn an excellent 3 figure sum each month. Overall I was clearing £500 GBP a month. I am now down to the £300 GBP type range overall. Both incomes are well down, but Adsense is down to pennies a day, whereas HP Ads is still well into the dollars, but still incredibly down from where it was. Ebay is a joke, and I do far better on Amazon I have to say, but nothing overly impressive.

Interesting what you said about "normally the best time of the year for earnings coming up." as I hear the exact opposite, and that people will be out in the sunshine and not on their computers, so income and views will drop in the Summer months.

I agree that "It doesn't look good for HP or us right now.", and I suspect eBooks will be the way to go as there are no rules anywhere that say you can't use your own Internet articles to create eBooks, and you don't even need to unpublish the articles from the Internet to do so, as duplicate content does not apply if you own the copyright on the text in the eBook.

2. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

Randy this may not be a very informed question so forgive me but if that is the G plan and they do knock out content sites would that put a big dent in their article generators or not?

Well Alastar, some believe Google is trying to weed out other than professional and expert sites and sadly, HP isn't considered such.  And really, I cannot argue with this.  Perhaps this is why recipes seem to be big here.  But there are also many professional chefs with sites too, I imagine. 

The same seems to go for product hubs too.  Why would the Big G send someone to HubPages to buy an item when they can simply send them to a retail business?  This is especially so if the business is buying ads from Google.  It makes sense if you look at it.  Not good for us though! 

3. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

Then Hub Pages and other content sites need to get on a stick.

The site is doing all that it can. Substandard and duplicate articles don't even get published. We get notified about bad links, which is the best thing I've ever seen.

We can monitor our hubs to see what's sinking and what's rising.

Maybe it's Google that needs to go, and some other ad revenue source needs to take the lead.

4. chaystar profile image60
    chaystarposted 11 years ago

Most likely what happened to you is (and everyone that experienced this), Adsense discounted your low quality clicks to certain price, like, say, if the original CPC was $1, yours got discounted to $0.20.

Low quality clicks ('or aka Oops I clicked an ad, let me close it right away') that doesn't do anything for an Advertiser except for maybe a page view that didn't even serve its purpose, will be detected by Google to protect their advertisers, so they tend to discount these clicks to advertisers (if not fully refund them)

I know this from experience (Adsense publisher for 2 years now and operating multiple websites), as I've experienced Estimated Earnings differences from 10%-50% & I earn at the late four figures per month, and close to 5 figures so this is a lot! My discounted earnings are about 4 figures as well, but I got used to it eventually. At first, however, I was as furious as well. But do not worry, this happens to all, and all you can do

For HubPages, however, I have no idea as I am new here, and my one and only hub (at the moment) isn't getting traffic whatsoever.

(Note: Do not give away your exact Adsense earnings, as Adsense doesn't allow this, according to them to protect their advertisers)

My advice is just keep producing content, I mean, just because you got discounted earnings doesn't mean you should stop! You're still earning money, and just think of it as extra income.

5. chaystar profile image60
    chaystarposted 11 years ago

Third line last phrase edit*: and there's nothing we can do about it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)