Does anybody know the status update on the earnings technical issues?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (17 posts)
  1. davenstan profile image61
    davenstanposted 11 years ago

This is the longest I have ever seen the technical issue continue.

1. Aficionada profile image80
      Aficionadaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think there has been at least one other time it has been this long or longer.  But this is definitely not the norm.  Maybe some of the auditors have been sick or they have been otherwise short-handed.  Or maybe it's just a problem of receiving information from the advertisers.

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 11 years ago

It happens whenever we have a technical issue on our end (rare, but it happens) or when we have an issue getting data from our ad partners (more often). Thank you for your patience!

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There couldn't be a better day for it to happen smile I usually don't wait as eagerly as I'm waiting at present. Got hundreds of views from ak.facebook or some source and I'm waiting to see the finalized no. of impressions for the 8th and 9th smile

But, I don't mind waiting as I guess it was just another fb type of bot..

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I got a load of views on one hub those two days, and on my 'Traffic Sources' here on HP my Facebook views were right up as well, but interestingly I also got a good few comments from unregistered users on that same hub over those two days, (even though it hadn't had a comment in weeks prior to this.) I suspect that although the views possibly came from Facebook they must have been real people because they asked questions in the comments section on the hub itself.

Hope it was the same with me smile

1. Imogen French profile image85
            Imogen Frenchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

that's interesting, I had an unusual spike of facebook views on one of my hubs on one of those days too, and as I don't share my hubs on fb I'm not sure why! Any ideas?

Earnings upto 10th Updated. Imogen those views weren't bots they actually counted towards my impressions and it looks great smile

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
              mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It only takes one person to find and like something you have written and then share it on FB, hence the sudden number of views (especially if they have a lot of 'friends' and those same friends choose to share your hub again with their friends, and so on). At least this is the only way I can see it happening!

1. Imogen French profile image85
                Imogen Frenchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

things seem to be back to normal now in the earnings dept, glad your stats are looking good lobobrandon - mine are better than I expected too, it's quite nice to get a week's worth added on in one go!
                And mistyhorizon, that does seem like the most likely scenario - which I don't mind at all smile

Yup its great to see all added in one go big_smile

2. prairieprincess profile image91
      prairieprincessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jason, while we are on the topic of payment, I have a question that I haven't found the answer to.

When we have E-Bay sales, when do those commissions get paid. I had a sale on May 2nd and it's listed on E-Bay sales, but when is it transferred over to our actual earnings? Thanks!

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
        Jason Menayanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As we state in the Learning Center entry, the eBay Program works on a per-click basis, but those per-click payments are adjusted by how effective those clicks are at driving actual earnings for eBay.

The eBay reports should help you determine how effective your eBay Capsules are at driving sales, so you can optimize them. If you're seeing an eBay Capsule driving virtually no sales on a Hub, then you should change or delete it, for instance.

1. prairieprincess profile image91
          prairieprincessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jason, I had read the Learning Centre, but don't we also receive a commission from actual sales? The way it is stated in the E-Bay sales report is that it a certain amount, minus the share from HP and any referrals. That is more than just per click.

I wasn't wondering about how to get better sales. I was just wondering about getting paid for the sales that I did get. smile

1. melbel profile image93
            melbelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You don't get paid for the sales. You get paid for the click (same with HubPages.) The more sales you make, the higher you earn from clicks. Your sales are only shown so that you can see which products are working out and which aren't.

3. davenstan profile image61
      davenstanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering Jason. Just curious to find out if its been fixed yet.

3. Scribenet profile image60
    Scribenetposted 11 years ago

I have not found any new thread for this...I noticed my earnings haven't changed for a few days even though views are up...another technical issue with earnings?

Just a head's up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)