What Type Of Fishing Do You Enjoy Most ?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)
  1. twilanelson profile image61
    twilanelsonposted 12 years ago

With so many options what type of fishing do you enjoy most ?

2. shogan profile image76
    shoganposted 12 years ago

For me, there is nothing more satisfying than flyfishing with a dry fly on a smooth pond or stream.

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

The easy kind.  A worm on a hook on the bottom, sitting on the bank of a remote pond or river (I get seasick in a boat).  For catfish.  They don't just hit and run, they take the bait and once they're hooked they're hooked; then I throw 'em back.  No bobbers;  too aggravating. Relaxation is all I'm really after.  I can forget about the rest of the world when I'm fishing.  Too bad I don't do it very often.

4. jcmayer777 profile image64
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

This year it's jigging for Walleye.  In the past, it's been topwater for bass, trolling for musky, and trolling for salmon on Lake Superior.

I've never gotten into ice fishing...too friggin' cold.

5. David Legg 7 profile image68
    David Legg 7posted 12 years ago

Jesus made His disciples fishers of men, and I like that kind best. Plus I'm a huge fan of fly fishing. I generally fly fish for trout. This year was a year we spent a lot of time pursuing Browns and Rainbows, but we also got in some excellent Cutthroat fishing, some Brookie fishing, and some Grayling fishing. Next year will likely be similar.

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Saltwater fishing for reds, trout, flounder, sharks, drum, sheepshead, and cobia.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5941701_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5941703_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5941706_f248.jpg

1. John Vetterli profile image59
      John Vetterliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tenkara fly fishing on a mountain stream at 8,000 ft elevation.
      Check us out here:  www.tenkaraguides.com

7. steveamy profile image60
    steveamyposted 12 years ago

SurfCasting ... its about the Beach.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ditto! I enjoy freshwater fishing occasionally, but I LOVE saltwater fishing!

8. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 12 years ago

Fishing the Florida flats with surface lures. No better excitement then watching a surface lure getting hit by a large snook, gator trout, or redfish.

9. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 12 years ago

Fly fishing is nice, but I enjoy fishing the streams in the Rockies. The most amazing rainbow trout, makes for a great dinner around a campfire too.

A lot of those little streams you can go flip-fishing. Lay down on the side of a small bank when they have an undercut edge. Run your hand along the bottom, and if you feel a fish's belly you can flip it up on the bank.

10. profile image0
    JaxsonRaineposted 12 years ago

Just to let you know how amazing it is in the Rockies, my first fishing trip ever, I caught two trout, we left them on a stringer in the water and went around the bend. On the way back, a bald eagle flew down and picked up my fish. Just so you know that it's not an exaggerated fishing story, the fish were only 6-inches each.

11. tlpoague profile image80
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

I loved going with my folks to snag paddlefish. It was amazing to see people snagging them and then nearly being pulled in to the water. They were an ugly looking fish, but interesting at the same time.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5708967_f248.jpg

1. momster profile image60
      momsterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

PADDLEFISHING is the best. Cant wait to go in a few months.

12. nerdcore profile image70
    nerdcoreposted 12 years ago

Not at all a fisherman by any means. More of a social thing with family. I remember spending a day on a pier in sf bay, just hanging out, catching & tossing back the occasional bullheads & crab.

13. manlypoetryman profile image79
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

For me: I love freshwater fishing...but we have great saltwater fishing in my area...and I have always enjoyed it, too!

14. profile image0
    JustCraftyposted 11 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6862830_f248.jpg

Fresh water pond fishing for small mouth bass is the best.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)