RON PAUL has won 11 states!!

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (41 posts)
  1. dagny roth profile image70
    dagny rothposted 11 years ago

Is anyone else annoyed that the media isn't even discussing this?  Romney has only won 18 and there are still 11 to go.  They are trying to get him out before the convention but quite frankly I think he deserves more attention.  His following is growing and showing that many people are supporting him and his values.

1. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The media does what they are told or paid to. I like ron paul but I also know there is no chance they will let him go much further.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
        couturepopcafeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't think the media can prevent the people from showing up. Even if they don't air results, he's won 11 states. Hoo-rah!

2. dagny roth profile image70
        dagny rothposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but that is the issue...of course they won't give him the time of day, so do you stand by your principals or vote for the guy the media is backing?  Although judging from the results...more are willing to back him regardless..so a good sign?!

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I went to my counties convention the other day and the Ron Paul supporters were extremely disruptive. They had a fanatical zealousness, and they kicked and screamed like a bunch of babies when not a single one of them got in as a delegate for the state convention.

1. lovemychris profile image75
        lovemychrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Funny--I saw just the opposite. Saw 2 people interviewed who said they were hit by Romney supporters. One was a very old man.

2. profile image52
        MrEthiopianposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Onusnus - you complain because Ron Paul supporters are acting like a bunch of over rebellious fanatics, yet even with this inappropriate activity the main stream media refuses too publicize that honest tax paying voting American are using their constitutional right and voting for the candidate that they personally want. You complain about Ron Paul supporters and care noting that your country is being stolen right in front of your very eyes, it sound to me like you hate America.

We should be up in arms, that the RNC is violating their own policy in supporting Romney, whilst brushing off Ron Paul even though more than half of the country wants Dr Paul in office. The GOP and RNC  are rigging the election right in front of you and your either too stupid or simply blind to the fact of what the Constitution and America stands for, time to get your head out of your ass!

MrEthiopain

Th3

3. 910chris profile image75
        910chrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

From what I saw it was the other way around. Not to mention they picked up about a dozen.

2. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 11 years ago

He just quit. So much for all his loyal supporters. sad

here's an opinion:

WebsterGTarpley‏

"RonPaul drops out of GOP race, betraying supporters to deliver on deal w/ MittRomney to get plum for Rand Paul- can keep moneybomb cash"

He DID make a deal with Mitt...he IS in on the Mormon Mafia....IMO.

You can write him in.  It's still a legal voting right.

3. lovemychris profile image75

so, in conspiracy theory terms......Fulford might have the edge.....He says Mitt is the pick of the NWO.

4. lovemychris profile image75

Webster G Tarpley‏

"Ron Paul in Virginia sabotaged his own campaign to avoid besting Romney 1 on 1 but still got 40%-dropping out now to shield Mitt as per deal"

See if it holds...see if this benefits Rand.....named after ayan rand Paul.

1. innersmiff profile image65
      innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Rand is short for Randal. You're worse than the MSM!

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

That's right - Randal Howard Paul.

Yeah---like freedom = your body belongs to the state.

The first 'rule' of liberty is right to life, so it's consistent with the view that life begins at conception. Paul does recognise the necessity of abortion as a doctor despite his personal reservations against it. Since it is such a contentious issue, the sensible solution is to let the states decide for now. I don't understand why people bang on about this. Even when letting the states decide, abortion is gradually becoming more accepted anyway. Paul is at least a President that is against a constitutional amendment either way, and with the added bonus of being for liberty in every other area I don't see why you would vote Obama.

Since you're making such a hooh-hah about your body belonging to yourself, and quite rightly so, why not focus in other areas as well? How about legalising all drugs? How about denouncing enforced inoculation and medication? How about the right to choose whether one wants to participate in Obamacare? Or support greater choice of schools? There's a great wealth of violations against the self that it seems kind of redundant to keep going after abortion.

1. Josak profile image60
            Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yet he does not support same sex marriage? That is not standing for liberty that is pandering to an audience.

He supports getting the government out of marriage altogether, but that doesn't grab the headlines as much as 'Obama comes out for gay marriage' or 'Romney supports the protection of marriage'. It shouldn't even be a political issue!

It's a human rights issue.
                And it's only political because gvt has allowed religion to run gvt.

Yeah so get government out of it. Problem solved. Gay people can do whatever they want and call it whatever they want, and the Christians can take it up with them.

Wrong. It is illegal for gay people to be married in most of America. That is why gvt needs to be involved. To make it legal. No one else can do that.

Personhood Amendent. He supports it.....Read it. Then you will know.

This amendment does not make abortion illegal, but simply clarifies official definitions of personhood.

“We should allow our republican system of government to function as our Founders designed it to: protect rights at the federal level, enforce laws against violence at the state level.” - Ron Paul

I'm doing this for the sake of defending Paul's real-lie positions, rather than imagined ones, but I think I would not have the government in it at all. The answer is legalising freedom of association. If you don't like abortion, you don't have to get one nor give one.

I would really like to know your take on those other things to do with right to one's self.

"to protect rights at the federal level"

This is what the abortion issue is all about!

To protect my right to do with my body in my personal life as I see fit. Be that birth control, or abortion. The State has no business forcing me to do anything with my body that is against my will.

And giving birth is in that pervue. And taking birth control is my private affair.

Okay, point taken. What about the other stuff?

I love Ron Paul for some of his stuff...I really do. As a conspiracy reader for a long time: I say you go Paul! to a lot.
                    But I can't get by his stance on respecting my freedom. To me--that is first and foremost. And for my daughters.

That is why he is a Republican, not a Libertarian. Anti-Abortion is in their platform.

5. innersmiff profile image65
    innersmiffposted 11 years ago

I don't think it's over just yet.

Policy Mic argues:
    "Ron Paul announced today in a letter to supporters that he will not campaign for the popular vote in states that have yet to held their primaries.

In his under-reported IDD strategy (“It’s the Delegates, Dummy”), Paul has focused on the fact that presidential nominees are chosen by delegates, not by popular vote. Paul’s campaign has focused to date especially on states that allow committed Republican Party members to have a greater voice in the process. States like Iowa, Nevada, Maine, Louisiana, Washington, and Colorado have been states where Paul supporters have made tremendous inroads in winning party leadership positions and being influential in the national delegate selection process. While many states have yet to finish the delegate selection process, it increasingly looks like Paul could dominate the nationwide delegate process called long ago in Romney’s favor.

Paul’s announcement today fits that same vein, but will no doubt surprise many of his supporters. Not only is Paul saying “It’s the Delegates Dummy” to Mitt Romney and the national media, he is taking it a step further and saying that spending his supporters’ money on winning the popular vote is of such little importance to the campaign that they aren’t going to waste time or money on that any longer.

Does that mean Paul has dropped out? Quit the race? Suspended his campaign? Packed his bags? Returned home to lil ole Lake Jackson, Texas? No, it means quite the opposite. It means that Paul will have more ability to focus on delegate selection instead of the many upcoming winner take all states."

Anybody saying that he's dropped out of the race severely misunderstands the election process. Let's face it, he is not going to win the popular vote against Mitt, but has a very competitive standing with the delegates, so we'll see when it comes to the convention!

6. profile image0
    cottageindustryposted 11 years ago

He was a spoiler of the worst kind. He does tell the truth when it comes to the financial situation in this country today. The primary election is practically over and he should just pack his bags and go home to Texas.

The Republican nomination is not won by popular vote but by the number of delegates collected by the convention. These delegates are unbound so at the convention they will theoretically vote their heart. Since Paul is still in the race and has a competitive number of delegates, it's not worth wasting money campaigning in the remaining primary states. Most of Paul's support comes from non-campaign related things like presentations, Youtube videos, etc.

I don't think Paul will win the nomination. I would have liked to have seen him in a one on one debate with Obama (the scholar VS. the lawyer with the nice smile), but the system is about to collapse, and as Stefan Molyneux argues, if Paul wins the presidency and the country collapses around him, everybody will scream "look what happened when we let a Libertarian get to power!" and that's that for liberty for another few decades.

But in the end it doesn't matter because the seed of liberty has been planted and it's now viral. The statist establishment's days are numbered. I still support teachers like Paul to make the transition as painless as possible, but it's inevitable.

Thank you for so eloquently discussing this topic!

2. 910chris profile image75
      910chrisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think my 3 year old hit the nail on the head about society and truth. He came running up to me crying the other day and I asked him what was wrong. He goes, "Levi made me cry, he told me the truth!" That is America's mentality in a nut shell.

7. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 11 years ago

I have to admit I am still learning about this delegate business...but I believe enough in Ron Paul to recognize a good and honest person when I see and hear one.

What he is doing for liberty and awakening the people is the best thing going and sorely needed.

Is there really no way he could win the republican nomination?..Not from what I am seeing...but I don't know if I am seeing and understanding it all.

8. dagny roth profile image70
    dagny rothposted 11 years ago

What do you think of a write in? Stand by our principals?  Or do we simply vote for the guy we think will win EVEN if he is a moderate....

9. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

I didn't realize there are so many DUMB states.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)