What can I do so that my hub gets approved for Google Adsense?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)
  1. inggo profile image61
    inggoposted 11 years ago

How many hubs do I need to publish before Google Adsense approves my application? I know this question has been asked many times but I know there are a lot of helpful hubbers here who can help. By the way, here's my recent post <link snipped>. Any suggestions on how I can improve my hubs are most welcome.

1. hifizah profile image61
      hifizahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Generally, you need to publish between six to ten hubs. That's what I learned from articles published by other hubbers. I got my Adsense through docstoc, which is very similar in the way to get the account. I had to publish 10 articles to be approved.

1. inggo profile image61
        inggoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I already have six hubs right now and still writing some more. I hope I get approved soon.

2. Dale Hyde profile image81
      Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As stated above, I have read that you need a minimum of 10 quality hubs. These would be hubs that are done with adequate word count, related links and photos and/or videos, etc.

Some countries (not sure which ones, but there are posts in the forum) have a delay in the approval for Google Adsense.

1. inggo profile image61

Thanks Dale! I'm still trying to write more hubs. I'll just retry applying for adsense soon. Btw, your hubs are great, especially those on religion and paganism!

3. ronny2005 profile image66
      ronny2005posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hello Inggo,

As others said, you need to publish some more quality hubs. Your account is already six months old. You seem to be inactive too. Try to promote the five hubs you have currently. You can use social networking and bookmarking websites. I have provided a detailed information here in one of my hubs about promoting hubs for getting traffic.

I got my Ad Sense account in a week using Web Answers. It is an Ad Sense Revenue Sharing Website where you earn by answering and asking questions. Web Answers provides 60% of the revenue generated from the Ad Clicks on the questions your answer was 'awarded' (selected as the best). Even here, there are some requirements for applying for an Ad Sense account. You need to provide at least 50 answers and you should not reside in any of the countries mentioned in the Section D of the 'Member Agreement' page of the website. After that, an email will be sent to your email address about applying for an Ad Sense account. I have also written a hub about Web Answers.

Some users got their Ad Sense account approved within a month with just 10 hubs. Also, the country you reside in matters. Ad Sense usually doesn't take the users who are from the developing countries. Do not create short hubs. Create a single hub, but long and readable. If you have written many articles on same topic, then combine them and create a single one. In that way it will be easily crawled and ranked higher in the Search Engines search results.

I hope this will help you. All the best.

1. hifizah profile image61
        hifizahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you think including youtube videos in your hub will help you to be approved?

1. ronny2005 profile image66

Video is just a capsule that can be added to the hub. It will make your hub even more 'complete', and of course, it will lengthen your hub. A hub without any images or videos doesn't seem complete. Try to include at least a single image.

YouTube videos won't make any difference in the application's approval. Yes, they might increase the quality of a hub. Also, you need to choose YouTube videos carefully. Some videos contain copyright material (copied videos) or overly promotional content which Hub Pages hates. So, they might get your hub or your account into trouble. Videos beautify our hubs!

2. inggo profile image61

Thanks Ronny..so far you're advice was the most compete and was very helpful. I'll try to write more hubs so that I can finally get approved. Thanks again!

4. kristyleann profile image60
      kristyleannposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if this will help or not (cause things may have changed within the last few years as far as this goes) but a few years ago when I got my adsense account I made a blog at blogger.com (which is owned by google). I wrote a few posts and then applied again (I was rejected the first time when I tried to put adsense on a different site) and they approved it. At the time a lot of people were saying that was the easiest way to get an adsense account since google owns blogger.com.

2. Purple Jubilee profile image61
    Purple Jubileeposted 11 years ago

I have found these answers helpful as although I signed up to hub pages a while back I am only getting round to sorting out earnings. I did not realise we had to produce 10+ hubs before we could sign up with adsense - I have spent the last hour trying to sign up and getting bounced out and changing passwords and generally getting confused... please can someone tell me what the easiest, most straightforward way is to make money on these pages
    thank you

1. Emmanuel Kariuki profile image92
      Emmanuel Kariukiposted 11 years ago

10 hubs seem quite few to me. I have 70 hubs and still not approved. I wish Adsense would be more specific about what they find wrong. I have read their guidlines over and over and even removed som hubs that are probably inocent. I agree that coming from the third world could be a contributing factor. I haven't given up though and maybe I should add more articles to the 4 that I have in Blogger and answer some questions at webanswers.

1. profile image0
        midagedgamerguyposted 11 years ago

Adsense took forever when I first started and 2 years later I still haven't earned enough to get a check cut (have to hit $100).  The best way is to sign up for the service then start publishing everywhere including blog sites like blogger or video sites like YouTube that are, admittedly, google properties or tightly linked to them.

They want to be able to run their analytics and there's a minimum sample necessary to do that.  I had to publish 30 blog posts on Blogger and a few articles on Technorati before my account became active.  Note that YouTube can take a month to become active even with the above criteria.

Good Luck!

2. Emmanuel Kariuki profile image92
        Emmanuel Kariukiposted 11 years ago

On Sept 10, they notified me that they informed me that they had completed a partial review a day after I had reapplied after also removing some hubs that I thought may be contributing. On Sept 13 2012 (this month) they sent me a "- Site does not comply with Google policies" verdict. None of their verdicts read the same so I am unable to locate the actual issue. In the meantime, Google ads are on my pages, which seems dishonest.

Just been to Webanswers and Kenya is on the list of countries denied membership. I think I should retain my hubs at 70 and build up at Squidoo where one can earn without Adsense.

1. profile image0
          diyomarpandanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Emmanuel Kariukiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is the Webanswers site that denies Kenya, not adsense.

2. WriteAngled profile image74
          WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whether or not residents of a given country are permitted to have a WebAnswers account has nothing to do with whether they can have an Adsense account or not.

1. profile image0
            diyomarpandanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

ronny2005 above says by answering 50 questions one can start earning at Webanswers. I was not linking Webanswers to adsense.
              At least two sites have copied my work. I notified Hubpages and they gave me the impression that it was up to me. How can I control what other sites put on the net.

Here is one site that has duplicated my work, complete with my name as though I conributed - http://www.network54.com/Forum/204096/t … uyu+People
                I have emailed  the adress of the purpoted owner of the page requesting its removal and still waiting.

1. ronny2005 profile image66

Let me make it clear to you:

The ones who do not have an Ad Sense account - If they are from the countries mentioned in the Section D of Member Agreement page of Web Answers, then they cannot use Web Answers for applying for an Ad Sense account. However, they can actively participate in Web Answers.

The ones who have an Ad Sense account - If they have an Ad Sense account, they can associate it with their Web Answers account after answering 50 questions regardless of what country they reside in.

The ones who do not have an Ad Sense account and do not live in any of the countries mentioned in the Section D of Member Agreement page of Web Answers - For these users, getting an Ad Sense account is easier. They will have to answer 50 questions first. They will receive an email from Web Answers about Google Ad Sense account application. The email has all the info about applying for an ad sense account using their Web Answers profile link. Even here, Ad Sense rejects the application. After some tries, they finally accept.

This thread has nothing to do with Web Answers.

Thanks diyomarpandan for the link and ronny2005 for the clarification. I have sent the strongly worded email to the offending site and hope they remove my copyrighted material.
                    As for adsense, I will keep trying to re-send. So far the replies appear to be automated and hopefully a real human will engage with my hubs soon. I believe that anyone in my shoes should try to increase their showing in Squidoo where one can earn without Adsense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)