What is HubPages?!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Grandys profile image60
    Grandysposted 11 years ago

Just joined this website. I am not sure what 'really' happens here. I am primarily a painter. Is there anything of that sort that goes around? Thanks.

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile HP is a writing platform. You could use it to 'talk' about your art and the specific skills, tools, attitudes, business of the art world or, any other topic of your own interest. You then sign up for adsense and can earn a few cents when a visitor, visits a ad. You divide it 60/40 between you and HP wink which isn't too bad. Also, make a few dollars through Amazon, again, sign up and also with Ebay. HP does test runs with other advertisers before bringing it to us smile but they do work on helping us too. Promotion is your responsibility. Tweet, Pin, Facebook, etc., to generate 'traffic' to your HP site. Read the Learning Center, FAQ for further information, located at the bottom of this screen wink one last note, visit other Hubs to see how they're set up so you can find your own 'presentation' style that you may like.

Grandysposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Is this a friendly place? I have allergy for anti-social networks. I am experimenting with this one. See, where it goes.

3. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

Overall, this is a friendly place and there are many supportive people.

However, be prepared for unpleasantness if you decide to participate in the religious and political forums!

Antagonisms occasionally arise elsewhere, usually linked to specific persons. The easiest thing is to ignore a thread in which this is starting to occur.

I see. Those people should be removed then from this website.

4. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

HP for the most part, is indeed, a wonderful community smile but as in real life, there will always be one or a few, who rubs us the wrong way. I think it would probably be best to just chatter with the one's you're most comfortable to be around with, like ME big_smile teasing, teasing. smile Take a tour through the site. Click on one of the avatar's and it will take you to their site. Look around, read, enjoy. You may get inspired wink

Inspired? Well, I have so far witnessed only junk here. Anyway, you are indeed very nice. Can we go for a date? :-)

teasing...

5. The Invincible profile image60
    The Invincibleposted 11 years ago

It's a place to explore your skills. It's a place to find a writer inside you... It's a knowledge well where you could go deep down the well to obtain it.  You could follow people to keep up with their updates and what they write..
    You could ask questions, write Hubs, create forums for discussions, win accolades, interact with people, make new friends, and earn some bucks too....

Go to Hub Pages learning center for more info. - http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

The boy from Delhi... Wait before someone is leaving.

6. WriteAngled profile image73

Some people do get banned from the forums for anything from a day to several months. The length of ban tends to increase with subsequent bans. Eventually, some of these people get banned from the site. However, a number of these choose to keep creating new accounts with new emails so as to keep trolling on the forums.

I see. Very difficult issue then.

7. WriteAngled profile image73

Click on profiles of people who interest you and look at their hubs. You'll probably get a better selection that way.

But yes, I agree, a lot of junk does get placed on here as well. If you come across hubs that do not meet the criteria specified in the Learning Centre, you can flag them for moderation. If a moderator hten agrees with your assessment, those hubs will be unpublished.

8. lifetips123 profile image55
    lifetips123posted 11 years ago

hi grandys, welcome to the great world of hubpages. Through Hubpages, you can get a good income if you can write good, useful hubs. It is an authentic site. Just go through the learning center. Thanks

Hey lifetips123! Thanks friend. This place is strange. See yourself the welcome I got. Thank God I have discovered too early the reality of this website. Otherwise I might have wasted my time and effort.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103100

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
        MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then why are you still posting?

1. The Invincible profile image60
          The Invincibleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He is fond of this, perhaps big_smile

Those who live in gutter thinks everyone may like it. Too bad.

2. Grandys profile image60

Because some people are asking me some questions.

9. The Invincible profile image60

Am I waiting for too long Grandys?

Too bad you were waiting for someone without letting him know.

1. The Invincible profile image60
        The Invincibleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, someone called Grandys said  -"The boy from Delhi... Wait before someone is leaving."

So, I thought to nudge you smile

Keep wasting your time following me, until I leave this site.

10. The Invincible profile image60

Did I hear someone talking to himself, trying to hear his echo? Too sad!

Well kid, I am indeed leaving now. Sorry that you couldn't follow though. Makes one wonder why some kids love the internet.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)