Using SAGA | Yingbook to Boost Traffic

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)
  1. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

SAGA, you mean the video game console? No, silly. SAGA, Search Alliance Global Algorithm.
    What is SAGA? It is the completed merger between Yahoo and Microsoft Bing Search Engines for a global audience.
    What does it encompass? Content, Images, Videos, Links that are considered Market-friendly.
    What does it focus on? Primarily socially active UGC [User Generated content] that is well formed and offers a quality experience to serfers of information.

Many are addicted to one engine. But, if you have read the news lately will take special note of the 2:1 favor of SAGA | Yingbook, over the other guy. Bing popularity has soared, in part, because of this merger, which took nearly two years to complete. It was not a matter of moving one algo to another server. No, no. It was the building of a practically brand new algo {for the 21st century versus 1995} to insure a Modern, Progressive method of providing search results to the world.

The submission guidelines are quite simple with several points to take special note of:

a. Original and unique content of genuine value.
    b. Pages designed primarily for humans, with search engine considerations a secondary concern.
    c. Hyperlinks intended to help people find interesting, related content, when applicable.
    d. Metadata (including title and description) that accurately describes the contents of a web page.
    e. Good web design in general

A very key point is it takes a month {4-6 weeks to be thoroughly indexed to the global audience.
    Using Social Search, or sharing specifically on Facebook can increase link relevance, so long as content not overly linked.

Since, at the moment, Hubbers do not have authorization to submit sitemaps, you can still submit URLS to the engine.
    When submitting the URLS, be sure to follow the guideline exactly:
    No more than 10 links per day // 50 links per month.

Bing WMT Guidelines
    Info on SAGA

We can only hope that our fearless champions of the digital publishing industry, who preside over this site, will integrate Bing Measures and elevate publications to a whole new level. Interim, broaden your scope of visibility using the aforementioned.

James.

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely right on about getting our content indexed in the up and comers and Bing is the next Big thing as they continue to gain market share while Google is just pissing on its bread and butter.

Don't think HP is going to jump on this anytime soon as they are too vested in Google at the moment.  As individual hubbers it is up to us to make sure our content is indexed over there. And for those of us that have our own Blogs, it is important that our content be seen by as big an audience as can be and that happens by following the optimization guideline you suggested.

2. WriteAngled profile image73
      WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Google might be corrupted, but I would sooner stay with a corrupted Google than have anything to do with a venture involving Microsoft.

I hear what you are saying but it is just like saying I'd rather vote Democrat than Republican...  Google devours at the same rate as Microsoft... they incorporate and often outright steal ideas and technology.  They are nearly the exact same.

1. JayeWisdom profile image88
          JayeWisdomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Google is not doing us any favors (unless there are those among us who are paying for their ads), so I don't have any problem with trying SAGA. I cannot afford to spend my time researching and writing only to find my revenue dropping like a heavy stone in the water because of Google giving preference to their commercial "partners." I learned from many years in the corporate world that money does not generate any type of loyalty from corporations--ANY corporations!

Lost my train of thought during that last sentence, apparently!  It should read: "I learned from many years in the corporate world that IT IS ONLY MONEY that generates any type of loyalty from corporations--ANY corporations!"  (I hope that makes more sense....lol

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

(The game console, btw, was SEGA,...)

1. Horatio Plot profile image73
        Horatio Plotposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL! Saga is hols and insurance for oaps!

2. jacharless profile image74
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Right. My bad. big_smile

2. cdm2009 profile image68
    cdm2009posted 11 years ago

I like your thinking jacharless! Yesterday I analyzed my hubs over on Bing and found that the majority were indexed but a few were not. So I submitted those not indexed yet for the robots to crawl.

3. Doodlehead profile image48
    Doodleheadposted 11 years ago

Okay--for the not-so-bright could you help me understand what you mean when you say Hubpages is vested in Google?   If Google just slammed their whole sight.....why would they not be wanting to hook up with Bing and Yahoo?  Seriously...I do not understand.  Please explain.

HP, to my knowledge, was the Case Study for Ad Sense. They have strong ties via the Yield Build program, aka Hub Premium Ad displays, as well as being a DoubleClick Partner.

Apart from this, I do not know that HP has a direct relationship with Google. But, indirectly, as a revenue partner, who is driving the vast majority of ads, and traffic, it makes some sense why SAGA//Ying has not been widely encouraged site-wide. It would interrupt the current flow. Although SAGA/Ying offers excellent revenue programs and search marketing for Advertisers and Publishers alike and very honed SERP.

James.

2. livewithrichard profile image73

Beyond what James says above, when HP makes tweaks to the site they are catering to Google search.  You always here them say "Google wants this" "Google doesn't like this" "Panda" "Penguin" etc... you never once heard them mention what Bing wants and the reason is pretty clear and necessary for today's searchers where the vast majority of them use Google.  HP does this because Google is a huge part of their overall revenue model.  They do use other ad networks, Ebay, and Amazon and they test other network models all the time.  But today, Google is the reigning king. 

Tomorrow's searchers however may be using Bing and then sites like this will just have to adjust.  I think it is safe to say that if you optimize for what Google wants you will also be optimizing for what the other SE's want as well..  A good portion of Google users search while signed in to Google which will cater searches to your online behavior and provide results from those that you connect with in your Google+ circles over content that may be more relevant.  So, if you are using search for research it is best to use Google while signed out, unless you consider those in your circles to be authorities in their niche.

Precisely. The Search curve is already happening.
        Most are not aware several new search engines have been developed based on historical material of Google, Bing, Yahoo, Wiki, Directory, Lycos, AOL, etc. The vast majority of "old skool" search engines have altered their focus from informational gateway's to products -ranging from adverts to apps -even hardware~software combos.

Two years ago, when I had delved heaviest of all into programming, was approached by several start-ups with an idea about a social search system. Most were laughed at by The Valley. Not so much anymore. Bing took the high road, imo, and pulled Yahoo -there biggest competitor and who has a strangle hold on user generated content in a massive variety of niche markets- into what is the 2nd generation SoSe. The first generation SoSe went by the name GeoCities. In fact, GeoCities was the first "Facebook" type social network directly connected to a search engine..

James

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
          DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I guess I'm sort of from the "old school'" days...I remember Lycos; Aurora; Northern Lights; GeoCities, and a few others that are probably no longer extant....from the days before Google was even a ... umm... well, I was going to refer to a 'certain' kind of dream...but probably against HP rules of decorum....   lol

You made me laugh, Lizzy....Lots of truth in what you say....

2. Horatio Plot profile image73
            Horatio Plotposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ahhhh! Northern Lights. Remember searching on Google or Northern Lights.

3. jacharless profile image74

lol lol

4. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 11 years ago

Thanks for the info, James.  You're my new hero now.  Your suggestions are really very helpful and informative.  I'm getting more traffic from Bing and Yahoo recently than ever before.  So, even if my traffic from the big G has not recovered from the Penguin slap, my overall traffic is staying afloat because of Bing and Yahoo.  So, I will definitely follow your suggestion.  James, you rock! smile

Why, thank you.

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

In any event,  my reaction is, a là Charlie Brown,  "Aaarrrrggghhhhh!"   More  things to keep track of and work to do!  I'm already on information overload, here!!

6. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

Less than 5% of my traffic comes from Bing and Yahoo combined.

Currently  Google provides me with 21% of my traffic, Yahoo 17%, Bing 14%, Social networks 14%, Hubpages search 12%, and the rest is from referral traffic from a variety of sources.  This all tells me that my content is not doing as well on Google as it is on other sites considering the market share of Google.

2. LucidDreams profile image65
      LucidDreamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

WriteAngledI agree that not much search comes from Yahoo or Bing. At the same time, nothing lasts forever. I would just say, keep an opened mind and roll with the punches.

As publishers, we have to look out for ourselves, anything that may be a potential benefit is always worth investigating.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)