How do you get rid of trolling bullies on your thread? Please Help!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (30 posts)
  1. moneyfairy profile image59
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

It is so frustrating. I have asked this person to leave and he contiues to bully. How do I stop it???

moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand why someone would even get on a thread they aren't interested in and then continue to bully everyone who has written a comment??? Why???

1. W Vidal profile image58
        W Vidalposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can you provide the link to that thread?

1. janesix profile image60
          janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is it true bullying, or just someone being opinionated? I think you should provide the link too.

Then we will have something to discuss.

Yes it is " Who Believes in Angels", look for RAD MAN's comments

"I think that is what I said, but what will you or what have you done to your own children. Because if you don't know for certain that angels exist and you tell them that they do, then you are indeed lying."

Is this the problem?

no Rad Man is the problem as he has already stated his opinion that he doesn't believe in angels so be it right? but no he just goes on and on about totaly non related subject matter... and if he's not intrested why does he continue to comment??? he's just being a jerk and making fun of all the people that do believe. It's his right to not believe but it's not right to put down those that do .

If you read the hubpages Terms of Service, it will become clear to you that Red Man is noway violating the rules which were laid down by hubpages.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#forums-rules

2. profile image0
                  Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've learned the hard way not to make a comment in order to 'egg' them on.  Some people, unfortuantely, like this type of attention, it's what makes them tick.  I know it's hard to ignore as we all have our own beliefs but trust me, ignore his comments.

3. Marisa Wright profile image84
                  Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Moneyfairy, what you have to realize is that HubPages forums are a place to debate. That means, they are a place where all members have the right to - and are encouraged to - debate the pro's and con's of every opinion.  That means, if you express a belief in something, you should expect someone to refute it, and you must be prepared to argue your case - probably at length.

If you want to discuss a belief or philosophy with other like-minded people, without the risk of non-believers butting in, then HubPages is not the place you want to be.  Google for forums on sites devoted to those subjects, which attract people who share your views, and you'll be much happier.

2. Praetor profile image60
        Praetorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So, it's your first day on the Internet... welcome.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you just delete his comments if you don't like them?  Then you don't have to respond and nobody else gets "insulted".

3. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

An argument with writing, legal presentations, debate, discussion, etc is a format. To have a degree of decorum within that setting is nice, yet not always possible.

These three components are imperative with writing an argument. First, these three compents are to be present, hopefully with equality of emphasis - Ethical Appeal, Logical appeal, and Emotional appeal. The next component of greatest emphasis is 'Reasoning.' The last is compare / contrast. Providing the opponents and proponents view or evidence in an effort of examination provides for fairness on the part of the argument of either side.

When the opponent feeds on emotional appeal the doors to ethical and logical open for the proponent. Again, if decorum appears to be lost as emotional appeal of the opponent gains momentum, or the proponent begins to reason based on the tactic of emotion something innate to human behavior is entered upon - the fight or flight response.

By protesting his tactic that is being exercised. Taking it into another thread the flight side of response is the tactic entered. Yet, the appeal made is emotional and not of the opened doors of logic and ethical. Reasoning is weakened as emotional is fueled. The plea is ethical, yet the tactic is emotional.

Regarding angels, angels are defined historically as messengers, not heroic entities. Angels provide a message. What is the message is what needs to be examined. Remember the old adage, 'don't slay the messenger,'

Consider with the argument of angels the term or the reasoning that numinous presents to the learner a probability of correctness, yet it offers dissonance as well, or the inability or capacity to accept a revealed truth, presented by an angel.

In other words, there is evil, and there is good, yet there is 'One' creator,' Bare bones basics to logic says that demons are angels. Their form did  not change when thrust to earth, only their format changed and their message.

If one was to take it to extremes remember with Angelogy that Satin is the angel in charge of music i heaven. Do we stop listening to music because of that 'fact.' Or, through reasoning do we realize passing through those feelings associated with dissonance that not all music is evil, since it is of an angel to begin with. It is only the format of the angel that is different. Format can change within angelology, yet form can not.

Insert disclaimer here

Tim

4. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Other than ignoring the comments or growing a thicker skin, you're only other alternative is to create your own discussion forums and your own rules. Maybe just have one rule, everyone who joins the forums must agree with you. smile

5. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You report the post.  If it isn't deleted, it isn't what HP considers bullying.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I don't see bullying trolls on that thread.  Religious and political threads are always going to have opposing views.  You can't really tell someone to leave unless there are personal attacks, which can be reported.
    http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules
    You can always ignore the posts if they are not breaching forum rules.

Read Rad Man's comments and you'll see what I mean. Yes I think I will ignore him from this point forward because he is not offering anything to the subject matter at hand and is acting like a child.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I did read the thread before initially responding.  I don't see Radman's posts as trollish bullying.  He clearly has a different viewpoint than you wanted to find on the thread.  When opening a thread (especially in the religious forum) with a question, you better be ready for opposing viewpoints because you will get them.  If you don't want to engage those posters, that's your choice, but keep in mind you opened a thread in a public forum of which anyone can post.  I think it helps us think and reason and/or question/reinforce our own thoughts and beliefs when we have differing opinions.  But unfortunately, often in a forum setting, instead of discussing the topic, emotional responses are taken personally.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's easy to get rid of the bullies...don't respond to them and they will eventually give up. Same with people who follow you from thread to thread to counter everything you say smile It's the Internet, it happens.

1. Repairguy47 profile image59
            Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Says you.

Sorry just couldn't resist.

2. profile image0
            Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This particular person won't give up.  He has 'bullied' me before as well and by responding to him in an angry and flippant way I got banned for 3 days.  I've learned that you have just got to ignore him.  People like this are cyber bullies as they love the attention they are getting just for the sake of an argument.  Personally, if you aren't writting a hub I don't believe you should be on here.  Just sayin......

3. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 11 years ago

If you think they are breaching HubPages forum rules then simply press the report button and flag it - the staff will then take action.

Thank you !

4. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

I didn't see any bullying either. What I saw was a very opinionated man, and a fairy who can't take it.

He has every right according to HubPages forum rules to give his opinion as much as he wants to, repeatedly if he feels like it. You can't control other people's differing opinions, no matter how much you try.

Sorry, but you are wrong.

And by the way, I conpletely disagree with Rad Man on nearly everything. But I respect his right to have and express his own opinion.

The point is that he was being disrespectful to others beliefs contiuously and it was very mean spirited. An opinion is one thing but to put someone down and call thier parents liars for believing something is just not right. Also saying that anyone who believes is just gullable and can he sell them something??? That's just not called for. Just because he doesn't believe something doesn't  mean that it is not true for someone else. so to belittle someone for their beliefs is emotional bullying to me anyway. Also if he is not even interested why does he continue on and on about what he doesn't believe? I only asked about who believes not who does not.

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you that he was being disrepectful to other people. However, that is not against the rules of the forum. It is not a rule that you have to be nice to other people. You just can't personally attack people and call them names.

You need to learn that you can't control other people, and make them nice. That is a free will issue.

What you're really dealing with here is YOUR emotional responses to other people. That's what you need to think about. Not about how to change other people. You can't.

He has the RIGHT to act in an unpleasant manner.

The issue here is YOU, not Rad Man.

5. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

The life of the internet is quite simple, Don't expect anyone to do or be like you. While I agree with RadMan on many things he posts I do not agree with how he gets his point across. With that being said if you don't like heated debates then don't post any thread, question, or hub that can be even close to religion or politics. It's just the way of the internet.

6. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 11 years ago

The forums are open to everyone, including threads started by you.  You can't ask people to leave as if it were your house or something.

7. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

Ignore them... Do not respond to anything they say. Do not acknowledge it. They will go away.

8. moneyfairy profile image59
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

I want to thank all of you for sharing your opinions. Some were very helpful indeed.
    This saying from Gandhi says it all;
    "When I despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end they always fall-think of it Always."
    I'm done with this thread so I bid you thanks for all the information and good day to you all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)