Oh no! Not the white male voter, too!!

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Saw this on FB today and it's so good I had to share here.
    BTW, today's new explanation from candidate Romney is that special interest groups (Blacks, Latinos, young people) only voted for Obama because he gave them so many "gifts."
    The 47% are alive and still mooching.

http://www.ericgarland.co/2012/11/09/le … te-people/

1. profile image0
      Justsilvieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is there some small chance that sanity will prevail sometime soon in this country? Or are we going to have 4 more years of bullies and bullshit?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7368476_f248.jpg

Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL. He really does look like a "poopy-head" in that picture, doesn't he?
        Congrats on your 100 score, btw! Very nice!!

1. profile image0
          Justsilvieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL thanks... I still have no clue how or why we get a 100!

Also the article was excellent!

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That was one heck of a good article. It will be interesting to see who comes along and disagrees with it.

I officially invited Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, Ann Coulter and even Paul Ryan to visit us here on HP.
        Not holding my breath.
        smile

1. Xenonlit profile image60
          Xenonlitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We don't need them. Hub Pages is full of their minions and surrogates! ha ha!

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
          Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not likely, even their HP surrogate, Jaxon, has disappeared since the election.

3. Repairguy47 profile image59
          Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why would they visit here? They actually make money.

2. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 11 years ago

Since no one else will chime in here I guess I will e the sacrificial lamb LOL.

If anyone took his looking to work for the Republican party seriously, we need to have a sarcasm class to bring people up to date. It is obvious it was written by a liberal from the liberal view point. I would expect nothing less. The language and attitude of the article just falls in line with my last article on sore winners.

So how accurate is the article, well it comes down to your point of view and we are all entitled to them. But I always have issues when articles contradict themselves. It could be something small, but it always makes the rest of the article questionable in my eyes. Like claiming to be so "white" American business owners, job creators pissed of at all the taxes they pay over all the years then say this:

" My wife and I are quite familiar with America’s healthcare system due to our professions, and having lived abroad extensively, also very aware of comparable systems. "

I am not saying he does not understand comparable systems, nor am I saying he did not live abroad extensively, but if he did that means he did not live in America often or "pay heavy taxes all those years" as a business owner. Unless they figured out a way to be in more than one place at a time.

We cannot really draw conclusions about the author's politics except that he admits he and his wife did not vote for Romney.
      However, he should be the perfect demographic target of the GOP.
      And he's saying that he did not feel the magic.

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
      Dr Billy Kiddposted 11 years agoin reply to this

American View, Eric's profile fits mine. I've been there and done that. Believe me, those of us with ties to the health professions and who have spend time in other countires, and own businesses, find ObamaCare a relief. It allows us to purchase health insurance at a reasonable cost.

The real issue here is that Eric and his wife are well-educated. The more years of education, the more a person sees that selfishness and greed lead to the general loss of values within a nation's heartland. And then, the rich get richer until the system collapses. Republicans honor unlimited capitalism (greed) and unchecked individualism (narcissism) and zero sum outcomes--where if I win, you must lose. So I understand them, but do not vote for them. And I see why Obama scares them. He threathens people's identities as being the top dog.

Yet ... I, too, am over-educated. You might call me an elistist, but I value everyone's opinion, even yours!

So, take this with a grain of salt. I'm just trying to explain why a white guy wouldn't vote for Romney.

3. carol3san profile image60
    carol3sanposted 11 years ago

I can already see some of the republicans now trying to change their policy to include everyone...and they had darn well better because they face becoming irrelevant.  Not that I'm crying about it though; my party already gets it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)