Need some scheduling advice for tomorrow

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (66 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Okay, I know the world is supposed to end tomorow, but I haven't really been paying attention to the latest reports. What exact time is it scheduled for? I have a couple of errands to run, and I want to make sure I get them out of the way first. Thanks!

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

From what a source told me it's 1:00PM US Eastern Time - so you better get out early in the morning!

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Simey!

2. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

habee, I say wait till after the end of the world.  That way, you won't have to fight the crowds. wink

Maybe not a good idea - those who believed that it actually would happen are going to be running to the stores to buy Christmas presents!!!

1. profile image0

You may have a point there, Simey. 

Perhaps we need to reconsider this.

smile

2. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 11 years ago

Since the world IS ending, why worry about errands? :p

1. habee profile image93

Oh, I'd hate to leave any loose ends dangling. You know - like our moms used to tell us to always have on clean underwear in case we were in some horrible accident. lol

1. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Haha.  I suppose just in case your body were to survive the end, it's good to have clean underwear!

1. habee profile image93

Oh, yes. My saintly mother (God rest her soul) would be so embarrassed in Heaven if my lifeless body was found wearing dirty drawers.

1. Violet Flame profile image65
            Violet Flameposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You needn't worry habee, since it's the end of the world, there will be no one around to notice, lol

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So.. you are going out to buy new underwear?

I'm not even going to do the dishes.

The believers in this are going to lose out.  If it happens, there will be no one to tell "See, I told you so."

If it doesn't, they will just look terribly silly, even if their underwear is clean.

1. habee profile image93

lol

2. profile image0

I think it's kinda like getting into an accident when you're not wearing clean underwear, you know?

1. habee profile image93

OMG, Mo - I can't believe we were typing that at the exact same time!!!!

1. profile image0

Great minds, kindred spirits....all that!  We should go into business together!

big_smile

3. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

Do Zombies eat people with clean underwear? Or is there a zombie deterrant I can spray in them first?

1. profile image0

That brought to mind a yucky visual...LOL

I think, though, that since Zombies only eat live human flesh, they'd pass on whatever's present in dirty undies.

big_smile Hmmm - yep sorry for that! Sometimes my mind takes over and types before my common sense kicks in!

1. profile image0

No worries.  I've definitely been there!  Damn those hyper speedy typing fingers!

2. habee profile image93

Zombies eat only live flesh?? I had no idea! Guess I need to brush up on my "zombology."

1. profile image0

Yup.  That's why if you can avoid the Zombies till all the humans die and there's no more live flesh (and, of course, they then starve to death), you will survive the Zombie Apocalypse!

2. ptosis profile image68
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Like OFF! the mosquito repellent? Nothing is ever said in the movies  about a perfume that would keep zombies away from you.
      Golem = salt
      vampires = garlic

Perhaps a blond wig?

4. Violet Flame profile image65
    Violet Flameposted 11 years ago

Oh darn! Did I just miss the end of the world!!!

1. profile image0

Nope.  You got till 1PM EST tomorrow!  Get those errands done early in the morning!  And - make sure to have on clean undies. 

smile

5. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

Well I have a lot to do in the morning - my hub about 101 things to do before the world ends is getting mega amounts of traffic so I suppose I should actually so something on my list big_smile

1. profile image0

Enjoy, Simey!  big_smile  And sleep well if I don't see you again before the world ends.

Thanks - I'm sure I'll be editing my End of the World Hubs next week - gotta find out when the next end of the world is!

1. profile image0

lol

6. imgreencat profile image60
    imgreencatposted 11 years ago

You had better get up befor 5AM because Boner is going to cry a flood over plan B that will start the beginning of the end.

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I read somewhere that's it's supposed to happen at 5 P.M. Eastern time.. so if Simey's source was off, you have a few more hours.  Happy Winter Solstice. smile

1. profile image0

Oh, it's the Solstice....and it's raining here like in April.  Blech!

Happy Solstice to everyone.  Hope someone has pretty snow.

We're having a Yuletide brunch with my daughter tomorrow - guess I should schedule it for before 1!

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It just started raining here also, but I love the sound of rain at night, and the scent.  It's still warm enough to have doors and windows open, so it has an earthy scent.

Hey Simey, I really hope the zombies skip your house, as well as the other fun forum posters.  We can troll threads post-apocalyptic.

Actually I hope they turn up at my home - I have the video camera ready and several hungry dogs - will make a great youtube video and an even better hub!!!!

1. habee profile image93

We were both thinking the dog thingie at the same time! Kewl! Okay, I just did this with Motown on this thread, too. Do I have ESPN, or what?? lol

2. habee profile image93

I've trained my Great Danes to eat zombies! The hound dog tracks and finds 'em, and the Danes finish them off.

Zombie killers:
          http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7491279_f248.jpg

Zombie tracking device:
          http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7491280_f248.jpg

big_smile that's the second time that great minds think alike! I have four dogs - the Chihuahua alone will take out hundreds!!!

2. SimeyC profile image89

big_smile Well it starts at 1PM and ends at 5PM - it takes a while for all those Zombies to devour humanity! Should be some good discounts in the stores!

8. Nicole Winter profile image60
    Nicole Winterposted 11 years ago

Remember to bring your towel, guys smile

(Hitchhikker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Funny story - my daughter bought me the Towel for Christmas a few years ago - however, my wife managed to leave it on the stove and burn a big hole in it - so I'm not sure if the Vogons will pick me up tomorrow!

2. profile image0

Got one by the door for each person in the house.  And one for each pet.  Just a hand towel for the cat since he's pretty small.

big_smile

Simey, I think even a burnt towel will work.  So long as there's a spot you can't see through, they won't see you.

9. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

We did it again! This is getting kinda spooky...

10. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

Hey, Simey, we could join our canine forces and create a zombie-a-pack-o-hounds!

big_smile Sounds like a plan! I also have three backup cats and a last resort rat just in case!!!

11. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

According to the latest findings of the Tupi-Guarani priests, it is definitely going to happen at 5 o´clock, so Rebekah is correct on that one. However, they did not specify 5 o´clock EST, Brasilia time, etc. Remember, it is always 5 o´clock somewhere.
    I guess this didn´t help much, did it?

12. rebekahELLE profile image85

I can't recall where I read it, it stated different times globally.  But it was referring more to some sort of shift.  There's a lot of strange stuff online.

Anyway, Habee, your dogs look very comfortable for the end of the world eve.

Do you have your apocalyptic playlist?

1. profile image0

My apocalyptic playlist consists of two songs.

1999 by Prince and The End of the World As We Know It by R.E.M.

On repeat of course.

wink

1. Alastar Packer profile image71
        Alastar Packerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Michael Stipe always dreaded singing It's the End of the World in concert, wonder why? Uh oh, things may be happening sooner than expected, the winds howling and a dude in his underwear just walked down the street.

That was not me honest! big_smile I plan to streak - so that means no underwear!

1. Alastar Packer profile image71
            Alastar Packerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Awesome retro- zombie attitude!big_smile

2. profile image0

Me either!

I was out walking the dog, but I had clothes on.

2. habee profile image93

WHAT?? You don't think my snarling beasts look like trained zombie assassins?? I'm really hurt. Hurt, I tells ya.

My play list for all occasions includes Dan Fogelberg, Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, and some vintage Eagles. Oh, I think "Twilight Zone," by Golden Earring would be a good choice, too (When the Bullet Hits the Bone).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w

Maybe "Long December," by Counting Crows.

1. Nursey profile image60
        Nurseyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nice choice. ♡ ♡ ♡

13. Nursey profile image60
    Nurseyposted 11 years ago

Isn't it exciting! I will write a hub about it when it is over! ♡ ♡ ♡

14. rebekahELLE profile image85

Yeah, those are great songs,  R.E.M. is on my play list along with Lotus Flower/Radiohead.  If you've seen the video, Thom Yorke kind of dances (and looks) like a cool zombie. 

Talking Heads/Nothing But Flowers

Pink Floyd/The Wall  (all of it)

off~ enjoy.

1. Nursey profile image60
      Nurseyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Where do you get such a beautiful taste for music from? ♡ ♡ ♡

2. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I had planned on listening to "Its Five O´Clock Somewhere" by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet.

15. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

I am just going to look at some DVDs on 2012 and order some sushi and sake.      In the evening, I am going to invite some friends over for an impromptu party.   I am going to bring out some Sly and the Family Stone cds and party until............

1. habee profile image93

That sounds good!

16. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

Hey, I'm thinking the moment (the end of the world moment) has passed. From the unofficial official 2012 website, there was a countdown. 11:11 GMT, or Greenwich Mean Time. That was 4:11 a.m. my time in the central U.S. :-)

17. LaThing profile image61
    LaThingposted 11 years ago

Did I miss it? Is the world over yet?? Darn, I am always late..... sad

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
      Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL, LaThing!!

18. rebekahELLE profile image85

I wonder if there are any hubbers who seriously thought the world was going to end today.  Do you think any of the doomsday preppers are disappointed that we're all still here?

1. profile image0
      Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm open to most things, but no, I didn't seriously believe the world would end.

19. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 11 years ago

Perhaps Ed D. Wood, the immortal director of such classic fare as Glen or Glenda and Plan 9 has left us a most fitting epitaph for 12-21-12. "Beware, beware! - Beware of the big green dragon that sits on your doorstep - he eats little boys, puppy dog tails, and big fat snails. Beware, take care - beware!"big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)