Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson are gay lovers!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

Just kidding.  There not lovers and they're certainly not gay.  I just said that to get everyone on hubpages attention. however, i would like to know from you all if you think it's right that society is so morbidly obsessed with celebrities social lives, that we have to know EVERYTHING about them, and why is society so fixated on their lives?  please discuss.  big_smile

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Personally I discourage it for several reasons. My youngest daughter used to want to buy those magazines and watch those shows on TV, but I think I've talked her out of worshiping fame and supporting the people who intrude into their private lives.

2. Rainbow Pride profile image60
      Rainbow Prideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I personally think it's great when celebrities come out of the closet, as long as they are positive role models.

I know the boys from Twilight aren't gay, but there are many celebrities who are and have made a positive influence in the way people treat homosexuals, bisexuals, and transgenders.

As for what they do in private, I could care less. I do, however, feel that they are making a positive difference in the world by coming out.

2. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

the only one that has my attention is you. wink
    i never watch tv or read the newspaper. it seems that every time i do my anxiety level goes up. so i just stick to watching my fav. movies. i could careless what the actors do in their home life just as long as they give me a great movie to watch.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks lecie, that's very sweet of you to say.  smile  i enjoy talking to you too as you seem like a nice person.

yeah, i'm typically the same way.  i could really care less what celebrities do in their free time or who they date.  as they're not dating people i know or me, so why should i care?  as long they create a lot of great films to watch, then that's all i care about.  besides, i know they don't care about me, so why am i caring about them.

3. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

That doesn't stop her from buying the posters though, and she would have been crushed if she thought they were gay.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think a lot of twilight fans would've been.  not that there's anything wrong with it.  just saying.

4. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

when i was in school one of my best friends was gay. he would always compliment my wardrobe and ask me where i bought what. i just loved him. he had such a big heart and always had a smile on his handsome face. sometimes i would wish he was not gay so that i might have a chance at being with him. but i knew that he choose to be gay because it made him happy and that's what's important.

5. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 11 years ago

The average person is not obsessed with the sex lives of Celebrities. It is the media that wants to shove it down our throats, and they are the ones who will not shut up about it. The problem is there is too much media, and they are falling all over each other to get dirt, to sell their magazines, TV shows, and whatever else they are getting advertising dollars for.

This all started with the Enquirer, which was once the biggest trash talk newspapers in the country, other magazines followed, and the TV talk shows switched from important topics, to the Jerry Springer "I don't know who my babies daddy is" shows, and people with nothing better to do with their time, made those shows successful. All those shows filled with commercial ads, which made TV studios money.

Those who are not trying to cash in on the "dirt" have gone the other route, of glamorizing criminals. None of them want to to talk about decent people. And, if there is a story about a gay celebrity, they will take time to focus on that person. But, only if that celebrity is very famous, and if they have written a book. Look at Ricky Martin, came out of the closet, and did the talk show circuit to sell his book, so that his fans would shuck out bucks to buy it. Most like the combined work of an agent, trying to re-sell him to America, and keep him popular. Women eat that crap up.

In short, Men watch Jerry Springer, and women have their tissues for Oprah. But, it's all just a huge money making machine. The companies who first got into the internet are making billions, while those of us who are trying to get in now are struggling. So, being the first to write a story about Tom Cruise coming out of the closet would be an instant millionaire. But, he'll never do that. And, it doesn't matter if it is true or not, he could just say he was gay, and it would be all over the world in 10 minutes. That's what the media does.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)