Mturk Feedback

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

I have asked this before but feel it is becoming a requirement rather than a request. As I see some of my 'best' hubs becoming unfeatured I need to know if this is due to lack of traffic or the way it is being scored - by seeing my Mturk scores I will be able to do what is needed to make the hub better.

Flailing blindly to try and find the right formula to fix a hub is very frustrating and time consuming and to be honest it's making me think about publishing else where - as most people know I'm usually on the side of Hubpages and always take an objective look at things - but I have to say that the whole problem with lack of feedback and the uncertainty about why hubs become unfeatured is very demotivating. I used to write 8 or more fairly decent hubs a month - I've written 3 so far this month and to be honest any hubs I write from now on will be 500 words, a couple of pictures and nothing more - I simply don't want to put in the effort of creating a stellar hub if it's going to be shot down in a month or so...

1. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

See this thread which is related

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/108553

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Agreed - I'd actually like to see all the elements you mention - so for example if I had a hub scoring 60 - I could see a breakdown showing 30% Nturk 20% traffic etc. That way I could begin to narrow things down. I personally like the fact that items become unfeatured as it has made me think about some of the headings I use and some of the content - I just wish we could have more feedback and perhaps a 24 hour grace period!

Hmmm - maybe a new status - this hub will go into Idle status within 24 houors....it gives me the opportunity to fix before being unfeatured...

1. janderson99 profile image54
          janderson99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is also related to a grace period of 48 hours

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/108773

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Simey, here's a quote from the FAQ, item no. 11:

"How can I tell if my Hub is not Featured for Quality or for Engagement reasons?

If you publish a new Hub or edit an existing Hub that is not immediately Featured, you can be confident that it is "not Featured" for quality reasons.

If a Hub that used to be Featured lapses back to a normal state on its own, it is most likely that the Hub is "not Featured" for engagement reasons."

http://hubpages.com/faq/#featured-request

I notice Derek talks in terms of traffic rather than engagement. 
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/108768? … ost2315660

2. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

SimeyC, I saw your other post and understand your frustration entirely. I'm going to bring this up in a meeting we'll have this morning regarding the QAP, and we'll see what we can do to reduce the odds of this happening or to give Hubbers more concrete control over the process.

I'll keep you posted!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Simone, Simey is talking about existing Hubs which stop being Featured - not new Hubs. To quote:

"As I see some of my 'best' hubs becoming unfeatured I need to know if this is due to lack of traffic or the way it is being scored"

I understood that had nothing to do with MTurk and was based purely on "reader engagement", i.e. traffic.

Am I wrong?

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I agree.  I also now have hubs that say unfeatured even after I make an attempt at revising and improving them.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

If hubscore related to chance of being unfeatured... well, it would actually have a purpose.

5. PoeticVine profile image66
    PoeticVineposted 11 years ago

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this form post; I am always looking for feedback on my writing.  Since I have begun writing for HubPages, I have been wishing for a means of accessing my quality assessment scores, even if it's simply an average of the three (MTurk, fellow Hubbers, QA team). 

I am in the interesting position of being an "established" member who has just begun writing Hubs within the past week, so I've had a lot of catching up to accomplish.  I actually feel rather odd responding to this forum post because I have only five hubs to my name -- but it doesn't change the fact that I regularly assess my own writing and value the opportunity to learn the results of others doing the same.

6. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 11 years ago

Ye Gods...

Do you have any idea how many people would be complaining over a point here and a point there?

If HP does go transparent with it then I suggest semi-transparent.  Maybe Green for 7-8-9-10 Yellow for 4-5-6 and red for 1-2-3 for each three metrics (or some such). That way everyone isn't flipping out over a point.

1. PoeticVine profile image66
      PoeticVineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Melissa -- that's why I mentioned the possibility of an "average", because you're absolutely and completely right.  Even given the fact that I'm still building my own knowledge base here, I'm recognizing that some of the numbers already in place can be a considerable source of concern for many.  While I am trying to get my numbers up, I'm making myself focus more on content than obsessing over this or that score for its own sake. It was easy to get overly focused on the scores at first, but once I started getting some really good ideas for Hubs (most of which I've not yet written), my attention shifted to the process of creation as opposed to the question of assessment.  I just like feedback from as many sources as possible.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)