Adultery???

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Would you, or wouldn't you?  No, I am not asking personally.  This is an anthropological study... very anthropological.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What does anthropology have to do with adultery, if you don't mind me asking.

Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting question.  I will let you know as soon as I find out.  Really, I am just curious if anyone else thinks about it. Thanks for busting me.

1. profile image0
          ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I  haven't 'busted' you yet. hmmm want to try it, adultery?

2. Harvey Stelman profile image62
      Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've already done it, so tell us. You really want to get this off your chest, or you are evidentally thinking about doing it. It's easy to do if you don't know the people, but that may be your real pic. You could be caught easily, tread lightly.

3. ledefensetech profile image67
      ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I imagine the answer would have something to do with the fact that you either are or are not getting everything you need out of your current relationship.  If you're content, no.  If you feel that something is missing, then yeah a person probably would commit adultery.

I agree.  If I were to think about it, I would probably ruin the whole thing by talking about it to my husband first.  I think the secrecy is the fun part.  I have cheated on boyfriends in the past, but it was because I resented them and didn't have the guts to tell them.  It wasn't about the sex, it was about power.  There's nothing like the power of a secret. I think the reason I brought up this topic is because, since having a baby, my own libido has gone down.  My self esteem is working its way back up from the toilet.  I really enjoy hearing intellegent people discuss topics they wouldn't normally discuss... and yes, I do hear you guys.

1. ledefensetech profile image67

Well the big problem is that you have a husband.  That's not something you should mess with lightly.  At the very least try to give the poor guy a clue about what he's not doing for you.  If it's the secrecy and danger behind an affair, well I think it'll end badly for everyone involved.  Even then there might be some way to retrieve the situation.  It might also be a temporary thing as you're recovering from childbirth, this can affect some women harder than others.

Wise words.  I am not the type of person to hurt my family.  I tend to talk more than act.  I find that venting about things helps tremendously.  I, actually, spoke to my husband about this thread.  He is very understanding.  I would like to have an affair with him.  We need an adults only weekend.

That might be exactly what you two need.  Get to know each other and fall in love all over again.  Grandparents can make great babysitters for when you two need to get away.

2. getpaidtopost profile image40
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

OMG This forum is starting to look a little like sky tv, repeats, repeats and more repeats. This was posted last week. do a search before posting new posts so not to duplicate others.

3. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Adultry...... Well the emotion that this word brings up is similar to my feelings on Micheal Jackson. So sick of having all the glory people are vomiting up about him. Yes, I agree, he was good in the music business but he had deep personal issues that money silenced. Too bad, now that his estate is in such debt, the real MJ will be exposed......

In reality, if you are deeply in love with one person, adultry is not something one would think about. Maybe I am wrong, but I am in love with my special person for the past seven years now and can honestly say I do not even stray my eyes.

1. profile image0

I am still wondering what it has to do with anthropology.

Well sometimes people are just afraid to put something out there, so they need an "excuse" to do so.  Haven't you ever told a white lie before?

1. profile image0

so anthropology is a metaphor for boner?

Well if you'd met some of the anthropologists I've known... lol

Besides Davina is a girl, I doubt she'd have a boner.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60

The study of human beings= anthropology

2. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aww you are a gem, HealthCare smile smile

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't stand cheaters, if you want to cheat, you shouldn't be married, and don't involve children.

1. kmackey32 profile image64
          kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your right. Big mistake it was. And thank god i have no children by him!

4. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Just to give this thread a different perspective....  No, I've never 'cheated' on anyone.  I did have a relationship with a prof. who was still officially married at the time, however.  lol  I remember I was taking this philosophy class and so (besides obvious other reasons) really had the occasion to think this through.

So I'd say adultery in the common sense--and we see examples of those ethics in general here (we likely would see nothing else--who is going to admit they actually committed adultery?) is wrong.  Would there be instances where it could be considered ethical, or maybe even a better choice than some alternatives?  Yes, I think so.

Say, for instance, the marriage/relationship was of convenience, for the sake of children and kept in tact for financial reasons...although the partners hadn't had a real relationship and/or sex for years (and these marriages do exist, anthropologically speaking).   Or, maybe a couple was together--still loved each other--but one party was chronically ill, so that they couldn't have intimate relations.  What then?

5. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Hmmm what do you people think I would do? LOL

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ethically speaking....well, that would be a tough one, wink.  But I think considering your own health/happiness would probably be a good start. 

smile

are you sayin it would be a good start to start cheating? LOL

1. profile image0

Maybe.  Would anybody (if what you related is true) blame you, you think?

only kinda lol, wink

Oops put my words right in the middle of yours. LOL

1. Harvey Stelman profile image62
                Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was that a play on words?

6. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

It has been documented by several anthropologists that the ratio of adulteries committed varies from one society to another. Ethnology, Sociology - Name it! I'm just bored, really.

7. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

...I saw.  But yeah, it would bother me, too.  I don't think some men would even 'think' about it.  They'd blame the woman and feel it was their 'right' or something to find someone else or...whatever.

But I dunno.  It gets messy, this whole thing.  Clean break ups are better for everybody--if it is possible.  That's what I came away thinking in my situation...

8. raiderfan profile image61
    raiderfanposted 14 years ago

I got a new hub

1. profile image0

On cheaters?  wink

2. Paper Moon profile image79
      Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

shameless self promotion.  Unless you are cheating on yourself, in which case it would be a valid comment in this forum.  LOL

3. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You sure do!

9. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Umm, so he appeared later then your kids? That's some extra piece to the puzzle. How long did it take him to lose the interest?

Yea hes 27 and I am 33. Never married my kids dad. Im not sure prolly after the first year or 2 maybe, although we have been together 5 except i did leave him for about a year. He called every other day promissing to change. Finally I took him back but the change lasted a few months maybe. lol

My biggest issue has always been our sex life. LOL

1. profile image0

You should just find yourself another guy.

10. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I can't believe it, but I actually agree to Lita smile

1. profile image0

Well, why should the poor girl be going through that? smile  Dang guys, wink

11. Garrett McLee profile image39
    Garrett McLeeposted 14 years ago

Adultery is a sin biblically, but it really comes down to your own morals.  Many people are not Christians or of any religion and thus base their own moral standing on that of which they personally decide.

Me personally, would enjoy it for the time but would not enjoy the effects afterward, even if my significant other never found out.  The guilt would kill me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)