What is your best techniques to get visitor for your hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (27 posts)
  1. sonykuddi profile image40
    sonykuddiposted 11 years ago

While searching on Internet how to get millions of traffic for my articles/hubs I found most of answer is SEO techniques.

Again SEO techniques has some different part like Good key words, back link of your article, Well explained with Good quality of English.

So share from your experience which technique help you to get more traffic from search engine.

1. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What does SEO stand for?

1. Faith A Mullen profile image81
        Faith A Mullenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lybrah - SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.

2. EndaMac profile image77
      EndaMacposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Picking the right keywords is I believe vital. Knowing what they are is a different matter. A few years back you could do ok with 3 word keywords like best acne cures but I am certain those days are long gone.

To rank on hub pages now you are looking at keywords that are 4-6 keywords long and even there some of those are still really competitive.

My best way of getting traffic is to look at the first page on google and fin keywords that have forums on them or yahoo answers. If they exist then I can out rank them with a hub page.

I hate back links so I don't do them and this is just a lazy man's alternative.

3. ronhi profile image66
      ronhiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

i use google keywords tool and i also check answer sites like yahoo and wikihow. That gives me a rough idea on the best keywords to use

4. Louise Lately profile image61
      Louise Latelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi sonykuddi -
      There are many ways to increase traffic for your hubs - I am just discovering the tip of the iceberg but to summarise you need to:

- Build quality hubs and develop your profile - and if you can find a niche subject to write about even better (this will make it easier for you to target hubs towards a specific audience).
      - Be active on hubpages - answer questions, ask questions, comment on other hubs, follow others (and you may get a follow in return)
      - Use social media - promote your articles on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest (there are countless others). Find communities/interest groups in social media that relate to your hubs and then post links to your page when you engage in discussuions.

Hope this helps.

1. sonykuddi profile image40
        sonykuddiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your kind explanation response...

2. A Driveby Quipper profile image56
    A Driveby Quipperposted 11 years ago

Threats at gun point.

3. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

We've got lots of tips on that front in our Learning Center: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Do check it out! big_smile

4. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 11 years ago

I am learning center-illiterate.  Can you explain it to me?

1. A Driveby Quipper profile image56
      A Driveby Quipperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Fill up your tags, make the title long. Most keywords take care of themselves in the copy. The system is fickle sometimes.

1. HoneyBB profile image93
        HoneyBBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do we still have a place to add tags? According to Google articles I have read on their site you should keep your title as short and precise as possible. Long titles over 65 characters get cut off also. The best way to get traffic is to write good content using a title with search terms that people are liking to put in when they search. Read and comment on other people's hubs and in the forums and join other social networking sites and writing groups and read others works and leave lots of insightful comments.

1. A Driveby Quipper profile image56
          A Driveby Quipperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are right. However, titles like "How to Make Money on the Internet with a Computer" don't hurt.

Yes, there is a place to add tags.

Interior traffic from HubPages is a play date tea party. No one knows you have good content until they get there. They need to follow your rabbit into wonderland.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Where would that be?  The button for tags that used to be next to the "group" button is gone, and has been for some time now.

I guess you could create a text capsule and just fill it with random tags, but doubt that either google or HP would appreciate that - the grammar would be rather lacking.

2. DrMark1961 profile image96
          DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi HoneyBB you are correct about the titles and tags. That person "Driveby Quipper"is going through the forums and making bad suggestions so that he can confuse and discourage as many newbies as he can. Pity he does not stay underneath his bridge with the rest of the trolls.

1. Rik Ravado profile image85
            Rik Ravadoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!

5. lorddraven2000 profile image91
    lorddraven2000posted 11 years ago

I find I can get a lot of traffic by using yahoo answers. I actually wrote a hub on that topic. I also find facebook is a great source for traffic. The real key is high quality content.

6. A Driveby Quipper profile image56
    A Driveby Quipperposted 11 years ago

Write about pancakes and sell maple syrup on eBay.

7. That Grrl profile image72
    That Grrlposted 11 years ago

I post my links outside of HubPages. Look into content curation where you post all sorts of links in a topic, including your own.

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

The first step is always to writing something useful or entertaining, and generally fascinating--this helps the traffic find you.  Or as SEO types are inclined to say: "content is king".

9. MyWebs profile image77
    MyWebsposted 11 years ago

I have no techniques to increase traffic. Week after week I keep seeing a 15 - 25% steady decline in views. I long ago gave up on HubPages after they continued to make what I consider to be bad decisions.

10. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 11 years ago

Why not check out Driveby's Hubs to see how he does things? smile

11. healtheemama profile image60
    healtheemamaposted 11 years ago

I agree that "content is king" because SEO and trying to get on the front page of google these days is HARD. 

So by writing original and well thought out content filled with your keyword will really help.  Then share it with all your friends on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.

12. ttocs profile image92
    ttocsposted 11 years ago

Just write about things that are super easy for you to write about clearly, and usually the end product will be good.  Write about things that you just know more about than the average searcher, so you can give lots of people answers they are searching for.  As long as people on Google don't have too many similar articles, it seems to just work out.  Google traffic is what you want, social media has never really worked for me (the traffic in comparison doesn't last long now is as large; probably unless you go viral).  I also really don't think that researching the info right before writing an article would ever lead to an end product better than writing about something you already know about.

Also scout out the competition, always know who 1) you're going up against 2) who you're writing for.

13. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 11 years ago

The best ever technique I can think of to get traffic to your hubs is to eat a peanut butter sandwiche....your belly demands it!

14. fungusdoctor profile image57
    fungusdoctorposted 11 years ago

If you wanna to get more traffic on your hub pages then according to my point of view " content is king' just write unique and useful content for people that's why everyone like your post and came there  for reading your post.
    Share your page with social media sites like facebook, google +, twitter, pinterest etc.

15. Samith Jhon profile image59
    Samith Jhonposted 11 years ago

I use Google keywords tool and do answer on answering sites like yahoo and quora & share my hub to all my social media profiles.Social media is the best way to get huge traffic.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)