I spend 20 minutes trying to answer the same question here on Hubpages. "What promises does eugenics offer to human space exploration". After four(4) attempts, it let me follow the page but will not let me submit any kind of answer regardless of the length. It would just have a blank,white webpage that loads for several minutes. I find this irritating because it was a question I felt was very important. I do not know if it was a technical issue or part of the answering process
I'm sorry about that, LoganLemery! Our answer submission process usually goes quite smoothly, so that was not a normal flow. Were you having any trouble with your internet connection this evening?
This evening, yes but not during or before I tried submitting my answer.
@LoganLemery
I tested using Chrome 26 in Windows 7 and didn't have any issues.
It could be a network connectivity issue as Simone pointed out or related to your browser.
Try clearing the browser cache and restarting the machine and the browser.
Check your cookie settings as well.
You might also be able to bypass the issue, if it is specific to your browser, by trying another browser like Firefox or Internet Explorer.
In some rare cases, a browser install can be corrupted.
Removing the browser and reinstalling it usually fixes the problem.
You can find some other browser troubleshooting steps here
http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems
If the issue persists in Chrome, please let us know.
by Rachael O'Halloran 12 years ago
Inspired by WryLit's offer to help HubPages Community:I will answer your questions about copyright issues. If I don't know, I will research to find an answer for you. I write on quite a few copyright topics. I'm not an attorney. I'm a writer like you. I just have a keen interest in copyright,...
by rebekahELLE 13 years ago
Is this browser related? I saw them 2 days ago. I'm using FF 16.0.2. I know a more recent version has just been released, but I haven't updated. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
by Mark dos Anjos, DVM 8 years ago
For the last few days I have had a problem with the Maven search bar popping up at inappropriate times. I answer the question, submit the answer, and my answer is lost and I am taken to the Maven seach bar. This has happened so often that I have taken to copying my answers before submitting so that...
by Susie Lehto 11 years ago
"Techo" Matt,This has been happening for some time on all of my hubs.When I open a Text Capsule and copy and paste content in, it does not show the text until I hit Save. EXAMPLE:I published a poetry hub today and had the title in the content I pasted into the text...
by FaithDream 10 years ago
Is Google Chrome, or Firefox, better than Internet Explorer?I'm wondering if I'm going to run into problems with these. Has anyone compared these search engines? Which is the best one to use with Windows 7 ?
by Dr Pradip Hira 13 years ago
recently i was trying to make my new hub, when I inserted new capsule and want to Edit it but after thousands of time pressing Edit button it doesn't work. anyone else face this type of problem? Is there any solution?below is screenshot.
Copyright © 2026 The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. HubPages® is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.
Copyright © 2026 Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective owners.
As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.
For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy
Show Details| Necessary | |
|---|---|
| HubPages Device ID | This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons. |
| Login | This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service. |
| Google Recaptcha | This is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy) |
| Akismet | This is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy) |
| HubPages Google Analytics | This is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy) |
| HubPages Traffic Pixel | This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized. |
| Amazon Web Services | This is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy) |
| Cloudflare | This is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy) |
| Google Hosted Libraries | Javascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy) |
| Features | |
|---|---|
| Google Custom Search | This is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy) |
| Google Maps | Some articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy) |
| Google Charts | This is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy) |
| Google AdSense Host API | This service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy) |
| Google YouTube | Some articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy) |
| Vimeo | Some articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy) |
| Paypal | This is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy) |
| Facebook Login | You can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy) |
| Maven | This supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy) |
| Marketing | |
|---|---|
| Google AdSense | This is an ad network. (Privacy Policy) |
| Google DoubleClick | Google provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy) |
| Index Exchange | This is an ad network. (Privacy Policy) |
| Sovrn | This is an ad network. (Privacy Policy) |
| Facebook Ads | This is an ad network. (Privacy Policy) |
| Amazon Unified Ad Marketplace | This is an ad network. (Privacy Policy) |
| AppNexus | This is an ad network. (Privacy Policy) |
| Openx | This is an ad network. (Privacy Policy) |
| Rubicon Project | This is an ad network. (Privacy Policy) |
| TripleLift | This is an ad network. (Privacy Policy) |
| Say Media | We partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy) |
| Remarketing Pixels | We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites. |
| Conversion Tracking Pixels | We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service. |
| Statistics | |
|---|---|
| Author Google Analytics | This is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy) |
| Comscore | ComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy) |
| Amazon Tracking Pixel | Some articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy) |
| Clicksco | This is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy) |


