FIXED: Temporarily unable to comment on Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (103 posts)
  1. damian0000 profile image59
    damian0000posted 11 years ago

I don't seem to be able to leave comments on anybody's hubs this evening...

Is anybody else having the same problem?

1. HubPages profile imageSTAFF
      HubPagesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yikes, sorry about this! We'l try to get to the bottom of the issue soon.

1. Cantuhearmescream profile image75
        Cantuhearmescreamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We hoped if we wrote it you would come! Thanks a million :-)

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
          Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Woo hoo!!!!

2. Simone Smith profile image86
        Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry there- hadn't realized I was still logged in as HubPages. I have confirmed the bug and am reporting it now.

Thanks, Simone! You're awesome--always on top of things. You rock!

2. Cantuhearmescream profile image75

Yipeeeeee!

3. sholland10 profile image84
          sholland10posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Simone!!  And, what Vicki says!!  You do ROCK!! :-)

4. damian0000 profile image59
          damian0000posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!

It's worse this afternoon.... now I can't even comment on my own hubs!

Thank you lovedoctor926 for your comments... much appreciated :-)

Thanks very much though Simone... it's great that you got onto this so quickly and I guess we just have to wait patiently now.

I am trying to be patient… but I look like a Chihuahua trembling violently in front of my computer… refresh, refresh, refresh

Cat... give it up and get some sleep! :-)

I think everybody is aware of the situation now... there were some problems about hub-views getting updated about a week ago and that took more than 48 hours to resolve... Just have to be patient.

If you really do have lots of comments to post on peoples' hubs why don't you set up a new forum thread about the comments you want to post and who you want to post them to --- that way, when the issue does get resolved you just have to go over to the forum and copy and paste onto their hubs and hopefully you will save your computer from spontaneously combusting in the process.. big_smile

damian0000,
                Thanks, I guess I'll just save my comments. I could always tend to my other online activities that have been neglected for the past 2 months that I've been here like my 8000+ unread emails ;-)

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This has been fixed.
      Thanks to everyone who reported it.

Thanks a lot Matthew and Simone, much appreciated!

2. writinglover profile image76
    writingloverposted 11 years ago

I am, too. Every time, I try to hit the 'submit' button, I'm just shot back up to the top of the page. I just tried to leave a comment in response to one of my readers not too long ago. I don't think this is the first time this happened, though...

Yes, shot back up to the top again. I thought I was going crazy or my computer was frying! :-)

3. Cantuhearmescream profile image75
    Cantuhearmescreamposted 11 years ago

Phew! Yes, I have been trying to leave a hub on one particular comment several times. I've refreshed the page and closed it out and tried again and still, nothing.

4. damian0000 profile image59

Yep.... same here!!
    Glad it is not just me.... I've noticed that the hubs are all red in colour at top and not green like usual, maybe that's something to do with it

This really stinks, there are hubs that I'd like to leave comments on and if this goes on for too long I'm afraid they'll get lost in the shuffle. These people won't even know that we've stopped at and appreciated their page! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I think they are already lost Cantuhearmescream...

I had a look at my activity under my profile and there is no record of any of those posts, they've disappeared!

Drats!
          Do you know if any of the big wigs are aware of this technical problem so it can be addressed?
          Cat

5. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

Thanks for posting this, as I thought it was just me, as usual. I always have a lot of strange things happening here, and after I kept hitting submit and getting bounced to the top of the page several times, I just quit.

6. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 11 years ago

Well I guess i have the same problem, just tried it, so must be hubpages. smile lol We're not losing our minds!  At least that I know of anyway.

7. HattieMattieMae profile image60
    HattieMattieMaeposted 11 years ago

Well I guess i have the same problem, just tried it, so must be hubpages. smile lol We're not losing our minds!  At least that I know of anyway.

HattieMattieMae,
      Posting twice to double double make sure your comments are going through? Lol

8. damian0000 profile image59

Well, I think it seems to affect only a select few Cat ----- lots of other comments seem to be going through,
    We just seem to have drawn the short straw! :-)
    Oh well..... if you happen to read this  Mr Wayne Barrett and Mr Epi - Man, I left long and appreciative comments on your hubs but they seem to have got lost in cyberspace!

9. Cantuhearmescream profile image75

Is that too funny or what? Wayne and Colin are both people that I'm struggling to leave comments with. I have their pages open and keep hitting submit, harder and harder to no avail :-)
    Hey, can I ask how you know that? Do you have a crystal ball or something?

Haha.... well, at least I can post on the forums which allows me to vent a little...

I may even starting writing and posting my hubs on here if the worst comes to the worst! :-)

If yours does recover Cat, can you let Mr E and Wayne know I tried posting to them several times... ?

Yes, maybe we should just move our hubs over here :-)
        Yes, I will defend your honor to both, I'm just stubborn enough to not give up!

You're a stubborn woman Cat...
          I'm away to my bed, it's 3am over here and if I get any more frustration from this website I might end up chucking my laptop out the window! ;-)

Goodnight damian0000,
            Well, with any luck it'll be back to normal when you rise :-)

10. stephanieb27 profile image60
    stephanieb27posted 11 years ago

Thought it was just me!!! smile

11. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 11 years ago

I'm having the same problem leaving comments.  I have no problem responding to my comments, but I cannot post a comment on another Hub...as soon I hit the Post Comment button it shoots right to the top of the Hub.

1. midget38 profile image88
      midget38posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me too, Mary.

1. profile image0
        SassySue1963posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me too. I just spent an hour updating Flash, clearing cache, etc. All the usual because I could leave comments on Forum threads so thought it was on my end.
        *sigh* Guess I will wait patiently.

12. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

I cannot leave a comment on my own hub either!!!  Well, I am glad it's not just my computer.  I have been trying everything for the past hour and it just will not allow me to leave a comment!  It shoots me back to the top of my own hub?

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Faith, I tried to leave a comment on your beautiful poem about Spring.  Couldn't do it...I give up for tonight.

1. Faith Reaper profile image83
        Faith Reaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, Mary!  I went around the long way into HubPages and saw where you had shared it and then I saw this forum.  I hope they get this problem fixed soon!  Bless you my dear friend.

13. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 11 years ago

I'm having exactly the same problem. When I try to post a comment I'm sent back to the top of the hub. I've tried posting a comment on two different computers, but unfortunately I wasn't successful on either of them.

14. Mekenzie profile image74
    Mekenzieposted 11 years ago

I am having the same problem  ... good to know it's not my computer.

15. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

Awesome to know! I just posted a separate comment on this. I didn't see this one. I gave up, too. I figured it was my computer. I'll try again later or tomorrow. :-)

16. Sunshine625 profile image86
    Sunshine625posted 11 years ago

It's not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. Reading without commenting is fun also! smile

It can be, Sunshine! Hey, your wiener hub was one I was trying to leave a comment on! I'll try to do it later. I copied and pasted my comment into a Word document. LOL!

Victoria Lynn,
        Too funny! I have copied and pasted comments that I have tried to leave tonight as well. I'm afraid by tomorrow my absent mind will lose some thoughts :-(

I know! Especially comments that took some thought and are longer! I didn't want to try to come up with the energy to rewrite them--or remember where I had been on HP! I have saved a couple of comments so far. :-)

Did you see they found us? We're being rescued as we speak! I really don't want to sign off for the evening with this hanging over my head, especially if they are possibly close.

Yes, I saw that. HubPages is on it tonight--even working after hours!

2. damian0000 profile image59

Cat --- you are really too funny... I laughed a lot at this!! cool

I hope you didn't stay up too late....

damian0000,
                Aw, well I'm glad I can at least bring a little joy into the forums... since I can't do it on hubs! My computer is about to have a stroke though, with so many tabs open awaiting comments. I gave up arount 2:00 and tried again at 7:00. Maybe I should've slept in :-)

and yeah... by the way, one of my comments that I wanted to leave last night really needed the word "tonight" in it. Now if I post it this morning I'll look like a goof. Gee

LOL! I guess we still can't comment, huh? Yeah, Cat, you should have gone on to bed--AND slept in!

2. Sunshine625 profile image86
        Sunshine625posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Vicki, Thanks for reading my Wienermobile hub!! I finally got my wiener whistle!! Woohoo!!

That is so cool. I'll try to paste my comment on your hub tomorrow! I don't think I want to order a wiener whistle. I want to get it from the WienerMobile!!!

1. Sunshine625 profile image86
            Sunshine625posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's the best way to get the whistle! smile

Yeah, it would mean more that way!

17. PaoloJpm profile image84
    PaoloJpmposted 11 years ago

Me too, every time I want to post a comment it kept on rolling up to the header.. sad

18. PaoloJpm profile image84
    PaoloJpmposted 11 years ago

hahaha I Actually forgot the thought that I want to say already since I am multi-tasking right now haha

See? This is scary. It's like going to a funeral and not signing in! I can't read an excellent hub and not comment. Gee

1. PaoloJpm profile image84
        PaoloJpmposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah! plus I read a lot of very good and interesting hubs today. Unfortunately I just cant appreciate them through comment. Hope Hp fix it right away.

19. Nicole Winter profile image59
    Nicole Winterposted 11 years ago

Thanks, Simone / damian0000, I've been trying to comment on a hub for ten minutes now!  Happy to realize it's not my computer.

20. Anselome profile image70
    Anselomeposted 11 years ago

Me too! I hope this gets figured out. I've several comments I'd like to post on others' amazing Hubs!

I have about 15 tabs open waiting... I'm afraid to exit them because I don't want to space leaving a comment on any one of them tomorrow.

21. baja2013 profile image60
    baja2013posted 11 years ago

I success to coment one hub hour and a half ago. Things getting well!

22. collinmorrison profile image60
    collinmorrisonposted 11 years ago

yes, I typed a nice long informative comment to a hub just to find that out.

23. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

Phew. Not just me. Tried two browsers lol!

24. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I discovered this last night.  The only way I could comment and have it remain was from my hub feed.

25. midget38 profile image88
    midget38posted 11 years ago

Wow. That can be a problem for hubs in the feed that we want to comment on, but have been bumped down.

26. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

Well, I am still unable to comment this morning?  However, some were able to comment on my hubs, but I cannot comment back!

1. mary615 profile image82

Still not working, Faith.  I think I'll do something else for a while.....

1. midget38 profile image88
        midget38posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep, prepare our hubs for publication tomorrow!

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

That's what I did last night, was just shut down.  However, Mary, one is able to comment from here on a hub that is in the feed and not via email.  So, the hub you shared of mine had gotten comments and I figured out that I could comment via the feed here.  So, I appreciate the share.  Had to scroll back through the feed to the other hubs too that had received comments, and I was able to comment through here on those as well, so that is good.

3. profile image0
        SassySue1963posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is actually kind of ridiculous. It's been what? 18 hours? Not only is it still not working but we get nothing in this thread to let us know what is going on. I feel bad for anyone that posted Hubs.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ah... maybe that explains it.  I thought I'd misjudged the mood of the nation.

Not really.  Just assing about.

27. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

Anyone else having problems commenting on answers or posting answers? I haven't been able to since last night. sad

Simone said last night that they are aware of this and working on it. I was hoping it would be working this morning, but no such luck. Gee, why don't they get out their magic wands already :-)

1. peeples profile image94
        peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know! I miss answering questions. This had to happen the day after I get back from my break from HP! I'm in withdrawal!

Lol... :-(

2. damian0000 profile image59

Peeples... I think everybody is having problems.

The administrators are aware of it and trying to find a fix, we just have to be patient....

1. peeples profile image94
        peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I thought everyone was just having problems with commenting on hubs. Didn't know others shared the issue with the answers section.

28. ChristynaJohnson profile image61
    ChristynaJohnsonposted 11 years ago

Hello everyone.  I am a newbie and have only come aboard a little over a week ago. I am new at this, and still stumbling along.  I have written 8 hubs...and only received one comment and that was on my very first one.  I was wondering why my hubs weren't generating any  comments.  I was hoping to learn from the input of other hubbers and anyone who read any of them.  Well...good luck to all...feel free to stop by..drop a line..follow me..I'll do the same.  Thanks and have a great day.

Hi Christyna, welcome to Hub-Pages... I hope you enjoy it on here :-)

I like your hub about childhood memories a lot but still can't leave comments, I am following you though and will be back when this issue gets resolved...

29. ChristynaJohnson profile image61
    ChristynaJohnsonposted 11 years ago

Thank you for your reply...I will return the favor and visit your hub and follow as well. Thanks again.  =}

Very welcome Christyna :-)

Faith Reaper made a comment : ---

#Go to Google and type in Hubpages.com and sign in through that in lieu of your email, and the feed will come up, and one is able to comment in that manner, so on new hubs being published, they will show up on the feed, and one can go there to comment if they so wish to do so.  Plus, if someone has commented on one of your hubs prior to the problem, and you had not had a chance to comment back on your own hub, you can if you just go to the feed and keep scrolling until you come to your hub where it had been commented on.  Also, if someone shares your hub, it will show up again in the feed, where comments can be made.#
      This seems to work! :-)

Thanks damion, I was thinking it was the same forum.

Thanks Faith :-)

My comment still hasn't registered but that seems to work, well figured out!

Yes, it does works, as I commented back on a couple of hubs, and then went through email and checked on my hubs and the comments showed up.

2. ChristynaJohnson profile image61
        ChristynaJohnsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

thanks again for the info.  Appreciate it greatly. =}

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have access to your feed while signed in by clicking on the HubPages logo on the top left of your screen.   There is no need to sign out and sign back in.

Glad to see the issue resolved.

30. Cantuhearmescream profile image75

I'm starting to get that feeling, these two forums have quite the following :-)

31. damian0000 profile image59

Cat... Victoria...

Have you tried signing out and signing in again through google... ?   --- think you might be able to leave your comments that way

32. Cantuhearmescream profile image75

If shut my computer down and back on, I've refreshed pages, I've used different browsers. I am working out of the feed, but I'd rather be on someone's hub to leave them comments than do it through the feed. I dunno? It just feels funny not being on their page.

Yeah... I know what you mean Cat but unfortunately, I just don't think you can do that...

Maybe the world's ending? :-(

33. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Good news everyone; the problem is resolved! Big thanks to Paul Deeds for fixing this so quickly.

Yay!!!!!!!

:-)

Thanks Simone

2. L.L. Woodard profile image69
      L.L. Woodardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Way to go! Thanks for the prompt responses and fix.

34. baja2013 profile image60
    baja2013posted 11 years ago

We didn't doubt about it. Good job!

35. Cantuhearmescream profile image75

Oh, I just refreshed a page that I had been trying to comment on and it worked!!! Yipee! Thanks a bunch and sorry about having to listen to us all whine like babies. It's just our love for the hub :-)

1. Simone Smith profile image86
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey, we really appreciate the support everyone gives each other through comments- we definitely want people to be able to leave them! Our apologies for the inconvenience.

I'm just oh so happy we're back on! Thanks again!

2. mary615 profile image82

You all are the best!!!!  Many thanks.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)