Recipe Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

I have a recipe hub for fettucine alfredo that isn't getting published. I can't figure out why. My other recipes were published immediately. Did I do something wrong I wonder?

1. Simone Smith profile image86
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey Beth37! I see "Fettucini, fast and furiously good." is published but not Featured as it did not get sufficiently high quality ratings. Here are some things you can do to fix it up:
      1. Add more photos showing the final dish as well as the steps required to create it
      2. Break your text into multiple Text Capsules with descriptive subheadings
      3. Use the Recipe Capsules
      4. Offer more information on the ingredients, fun variations, things to do with leftovers, etc.

Hope that helps! big_smile

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ok, thanks everyone.
        Thanks Simone, Ill take a look at those things.

2. rebthomas profile image82
    rebthomasposted 10 years ago

Fettucini, fast and furiously good?  I see that one.  Sounds awesome.

1. profile image0

Thanks, I just don't know why it wont get published. Seems weird.

1. Fabiojason profile image61
        Fabiojasonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hello Beth , your post isn't showing because probably it's on the Quality Assessment Process that takes 24 hours. You can see if it is that by going where it says your name then click on my account than check if your post haves "a circle" where it says "featured"

3. csgibson profile image67
    csgibsonposted 10 years ago

You need to read google's instructions as where to paste the code on your web site.  Then copy the code and paste it on your homepage in the code view.

4. csgibson profile image67
    csgibsonposted 10 years ago

wrong spot

5. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

Yeah, do what Simone suggests, and I'll bet the hub will be featured. Text capsules for sure, including at least some of the recipe capsules. A recipe is so much easier to read and follow with separate capsules with instructions, ingredients, etc . . . . Good luck!

6. profile image0

Simone, there is an issue I don't understand.
    I categorized this hub under cooking-main dish,side dish- pasta recipes- spaghetti recipes (the spaghetti part only b/c there were only 2 options after pasta.

After I added an instruction capsule as you suggested, this was the msg. I got.

"WARNING: There are one or more recipe capsules in this Hub, but this Hub will not appear as a recipe in search results."

7. LCDWriter profile image89
    LCDWriterposted 10 years ago

Beth37,

I was making a recipe hub this morning and the message I got said that you have to put the rating capsule on it in order for it to be counted as a recipe.  Do you have that one on it?

LCDWriter

1. profile image0

I don't know what a rating capsule is, but I have about 3 other recipes hubs and Ive never had any issues with them at all. Maybe they are not listed as recipes either?

What is the rating capsule... cause if we are supposed to rate our own hubs, Im pretty sure mine is 5 stars. smile

8. LCDWriter profile image89

Under the recipes it's the little stars.  That's what the warning said when I was making it.  I had accidentally not chosen recipe when I started making the hub but if you use all those capsules apparently it will search as a recipe.

1. profile image0

I chose the recipe category, I used an instruction capsule from under the recipe part, but I didn't use the stars cause I have no idea what they're for... but like I said, Ive made several recipes before and never had any issue.

9. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

I believe you need to add the Rating capsule to the recipe hub and then it will show up in search results listed as a recipe. People that view the hub will be able to rate the recipe from 1-5 stars. And you can even rate it yourself.

10. lovebuglena profile image86

I use the star rating for all my recipe hubs.

11. LCDWriter profile image89

Maybe it's a change.  Don't know.  I didn't know it until this morning as I was working on mine.

12. profile image0

Ohhhhh, its for others to rate your work... I getcha. Id prefer it if I could just rate it myself. lol

Well I wonder if all my other recipes haven't been considered recipes all along cause none of them have the star capsule on them. What a world, what a world!

13. profile image0

Yea! You were both right. The msg. disappeared after I added the star thing.
    Oddly enough, the arrows (the ones that spin, in place of the "H") were already there as if it was considering featuring the hub, after I had added the instruction capsule, even though I was simultaneously getting the msg. that it would not be categorized as a recipe. I guess it would have been featured still? I don't know. Anyway, thanks for all the help! smile

14. lovebuglena profile image86

I have some recipe hubs where i don't use the instructions capsule because I have a picture for each step so the instructions capsule wouldn't work. But I don't get that warning message. I think the star rating is what is important to have the hub show up as a recipe in search results.

1. profile image0

I think you're right. And Ive gone back and added that to my other recipes too. They should maybe tell you it's kind of an issue when youre making a recipe hub. lol

15. aylsbillones profile image64
    aylsbillonesposted 10 years ago

it also happened to me before, what i did is edit the hub, add more picture if necessary, add more modules also to give more information and so on, then after a while it was already approved and in featured lens.

16. profile image0

All I had to do was add that rating capsule. It is featured now. Thanks everyone. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)