KNOWN ISSUE: Some Hubs don't show in G WMT [see http://bit.ly/10GIBdz]

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (28 posts)
  1. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

I haven't checked WMT for a while and just checked my account.  My most popular hubs are not showing up under my account, and they are indexed in search queries with 'hubpages.com' first instead of 'rebekahelle.hubpages.com' first.  The only hubs showing up on my account are those with rebekahelle.hubpages.com.   
    I recall reading something similar in another thread about WMT not showing all of our hubs, but can't recall the topic.  All of my hubs are google indexed. 

?  Can anyone shed some light on this and why it appears this way.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Is this what you remember seeing?
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111275
      It sounds like the same issue or at least somewhat related.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71

We have some details related to the underlying cause of this.

From what we have gathered WMT is affected for Hubs that Google has chosen to display on the hubpages.com/hub/address-here format versus the sub-domain address.

This is affecting both authorship displayed in Hubs in Google searches (http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111275) and the inability to track these same Hubs in WMT.

All of the factors are on the Google end.
      Right now we are discussing the issue with Google to see if it can be resolved.
      Thanks for your patience.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Interesting.  It does appear that they have chosen the higher traffic hubs to index with the hubpages.com URL.  I don't understand G.  Was there a penalty that Google lifted from HP?  These hubs did fine with my subdomain as a URL, but there has been a noticeable increase in the past couple of months since they are indexed differently.

Thanks for looking into it and for responding so quickly.  I'll continue to look for any updates.

1. dilipchandra12 profile image64
          dilipchandra12posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes only those hubs with higher traffic are indexed on HubPages and rest (low traffic hubs) on our domain name. I have noticed the hubs of many others as well, and it was the same.

The URL in search engine for those high traffic hubs is showing the HP topics page. That is why i have recently opened a new forum related to the same: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/112459 . I also explained there, Google Authorship of mine was also gone 'only for the high traffic hubs'.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image71

Just wanted to give an update.
      I have created a top-level thread for all the related issues.
      Please see it for updates.

KNOWN ISSUE: Google SERPS affecting authorship display and WMT
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/112722
      http://bit.ly/10GIBdz

2. rebekahELLE profile image85

Yes, I saw this one and another one that Paul E. had posted in about WMT.

When was this change made?  I used to have more links attributed to my subdomain and was able to check which domains were linked to all of my hubs.

My understanding about the authorship shown in Google search results, is that it isn't a change that we made, but the way in which Google is displaying search results.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85

Yes, I will.  I don't use Googe+.  My main concern is that my most successful hubs are not showing in WMT for analysis.  I can't get all of the same info on analytics.   
    I have noticed a traffic upswing over the past month.  It's nice to see the increase, but it's perplexing at the same time.  These hubs are part of my subdomain but they are not indexed on my subdomain, which kind of makes me wonder why we have subdomains if Google takes a different URL from the site.  I don't understand this.  I would like my subdomain URL to be coming up in searches with these hubs.

4. rebekahELLE profile image85

Sent.  Thanks for looking into it for me.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

I have come to the conclusion that the internet is a pain in the... But it's all we have. big_smile

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What about the interwebs? I might switch over to those... big_smile and meet President Bush over there!

6. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

Many of my hubs are not listed. The ones that are listed say that the site is not verified. It also says I have to connect with GA which I did long ago.

Have you tried re-verifying the subdomain?
      We did have an issuein the last week that affected the ability to verify HubPages sub-domains in WMT, but it has since been resolved.
      I tested it by verifying my HubPages subdomain.

1. brakel2 profile image74
        brakel2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

How do I reverify the subdomain?

There is a verify button in WMT.

7. LCDWriter profile image91
    LCDWriterposted 10 years ago

I'm wondering the same thing.  I'm looking all around.  I can't figure out how to tell if I need to reverify.

Even if the sub-domain is verified, this issue will still persist.
      WMT will indicate if it is verified or not.

1. LCDWriter profile image91
        LCDWriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sigh.  So confusing.

2. brakel2 profile image74

Verification failed for http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-become-a … c-speaker/ using the Google Analytics method (19 days ago). The Google Analytics tracking code on your site is in the wrong location. You can verify site ownership only with the asynchronous snippet placed in the <head> section of your home page.

This was the information that came up on WT as I tried to verify through Google Analytics.

That is the issue we have been talking about in WMT.
          It is still an on-going known issue.

Google is for some reason (bug on their end) associating the content with the hubpages.com/... address and not your sub-domain address.

I thought you were saying that you had this problem.
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111895

Please see the comment above for more details.
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/112471#post2394653

Many hubs are missing. The ones that are there have the message unable to verify site. The ones that are there do not have my subdomain address, just hubpages.com. Thank you.

Now a few more hubs show up with my subdomain address, requesting verification.

You don't need to post about each one. 
                We will post to this forum when the issue has been resolved.

8. paradigmsearch profile image60

Anyone care to speculate as to whether sitemaps would be applicable here? I read what WMT had to say about that, and it might or might not help. Looks like a lot of work either way...

Also, what about going to WMT|Health|Fetch-as-Google. And siccing it on one's entire subdomain in one shot?

Just thinking out loud here.

9. paradigmsearch profile image60

The $64,000 question...

Will the high traffic remain if/when the hub is "credited"/"moved" back to the subdomain?

10. rebekahELLE profile image85

It's hard to tell what will happen. I simply want to be able to track these hubs on WMT, and I can't.  My subdomain used to have a PR4 when all of my hubs were indexed with that URL, most likely because of the links..  Now it has a PR3, and yet my traffic has increased on those hubs not indexed on my subdomain. While I somewhat understand what is taking place, I don't attempt to understand Google's logic or lack thereof.

Here is the link I referred to earlier about Parul E. mentioning this issue on another thread.

11. Bedbugabscond profile image93
    Bedbugabscondposted 10 years ago

I'm glad that I am not the only one seeing this issue. About a week ago, WMT gave me a notification to verify again. I did so, but it has not seemed to help much. It makes me feel better knowing the Hubpages team is on it!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)