TOS Violation?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (45 posts)
  1. KrysDwrites profile image76
    KrysDwritesposted 10 years ago

I'm concerned about this: "Association Disabled by You or by Google for TOS Violation." I did look at the FAQ regarding this, but I'm not entirely sure of what I did wrong. I will admit that when I signed up I was a little confused concerning the steps to take when you are denied the first time. When I attempted again, I deleted the first account and created a new one. Was I not supposed to do this? I just didn't want to have to sign up for another email service. I already have Outlook and Netscape.

Also, ad clicks. When I put links into my hubs, I always check them to make sure it displays properly. I didn't know you weren't supposed to click them (while editing your hub?). I thought the monitoring of ad clicks began after you actually had the Adsense account. I want to appeal, but I also want to let them know that I am genuinely confused. I'm new to all this. Can anyone help? I really need it.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So it sounds like you are asking about your AdSense application.
      If you used the same email address to apply for AdSense multiple times, then it is likely Google noticed this and disapproved your repeated application.
      As far as clicking your own ads, this is a big no-no and could have been why your AdSense account was not approved by Google.

Unfortunately, the program is entirely controlled by Google and in my experience it is very hard to get an application approved once rejected, especially when rejected multiple times.

Your best bet is to contact Google AdSense report and refer to the rejection email they sent you.

1. rose-the planner profile image61
        rose-the plannerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hello Matthew,  I thought that if they rejected you it was because of number of hubs or short period of time on Hubpages.  Also, my understanding is that you are to resubmit the application for approval, their application even says that.  This concerns me if you are saying that once you are rejected it is hard to get approval.  If this is their policy then what is one to do if they hope to have a monetized account?  I am just curious because you can't depend on Amazon, their affiliate program is almost pointless.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image73
          Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are a number of reasons that an AdSense application could be rejected by Google: little content, substandard content, not ad-safe content, previously rejected accounts, etc.

You mentioned TOS, which makes me think you read some sort of message from Google that mentioned violation of their TOS.

Please consult the "rejection" email sent to you by Google. It will give you instructions to fix whatever issue caused the disapproval and give you instructions on how to reapply. If you still have questions about the disapproval, you should respond to that email to reach the AdSense support team who will be able to address the issue.

Resubmitting your AdSense application: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … swer=81904

Disabled account FAQ:
          https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … swer=57153

Hello Matthew thank you kindly for your response.  Unfortunately, after publishing 26 rather detailed hubs they keep saying "insufficient content".  I tried going on their forum and found some very rude, inconsiderate and downright belligerent comments being made by some and in particular one individual every time people were asking important questions.  As a result, I was turned off and did not pose my question in their forum.  I then went to Adsense directly to ask them if they could please shed some light on this situation.  As it turns out, if you were rejected, they will not even respond to any of your questions so in essence they will not assist you directly.  It is frustrating and I am really not sure what one is to do.  In my opinion, their FAQ are not very helpful at all.  I am sorry, I hope I don't sound like a whiner, I am sincerely perplexed.  Thank you.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
              Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I see you have been here for just 4 weeks. Maybe it is a time issue.

Hello Barbara, I absolutely agree that it could be a timing issue, however, my problem is also with the fact that there is no way of reaching them directly.  As I mentioned, forget the forum, obviously it is not monitored but at the very least some sort of help line would be amazing so that if there are other issues, I can correct them.  In my humble opinion their reasons for rejections are far to ambiguous not only in my case but in the case of many other Hubbers that have posted with the same concerns.  You're right, I am certain it is timing but I wish they were accessible.  Thank you for your input!  Take care.. -Rose

2. KrysDwrites profile image76
              KrysDwritesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Matthew: Sorry, there's something else I forgot to clarify.

The message quoted in my forum post was not from an email. It comes from the page on Hubpages where you configure Adsense, Amazon, etc. It's listed under "status."

Hey Matthew,

Thanks for the answer. Yes, unfortunately I learned that too late, and, yup, I read in the fact that if your appeal (haven't taken this step yet) is rejected, that's it. Google won't even respond. Sad, since not everyone is trying to be dishonest. I could just kick myself for not being more patient.

Regardless, I probably still post here because I enjoy it. Do you know of any other websites similar to HubPages?

2. Reality Bytes profile image73
      Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Where are you seeing this.  You obviously have ten published and featured hubs, so your account is not disabled at Hubpages.  Is this an adsense message?  Maybe it is from HPads?

There should be no problems with clicking on links that you put in your hub.  The fraud is committed if you click ads that are paid for by advertisers.  I do not think these will be displayed while editing your hub?

Did you click on ads displayed on your hubs?  Not your own links, but actual ads?  There is a big difference.

Reality Bytes: Nope, never clicked on ads, and you're right as far as them not appearing as you edit. I had the idea that the links were counted as such. A newbie mistake as you can see. smile Thanks for the clarification.

3. rose-the planner profile image61

I am sorry KrysDWrites, I am in the same situation and as I told Matthew you can't get any help from the Adsense people.  It's a downright shame and frustrating!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
        mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It could be that you just haven't been here long enough yet (no matter how many hubs you have published). It does seem that you need to be here at least a month as well as having at least 15-20 hubs before they will approve your application for Adsense. It takes time for Google to even find newly published hubs, so a month is the minimum I would expect it to take. Try again in a couple of weeks and you will hopefully get approval then.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

misty, Sorry. I answered before I read yours.

Lol Barbara, no worries smile

2. rose-the planner profile image61

I think at the very least you should be able to talk to someone at Adsense just to get some straight answers.  Their system is terrible and discouraging, unfortunately.

I agree it would be better to be able to talk to someone at Adsense, but suspect they would be inundated with people who were justifiably banned or blocked from the Adsense program trying to get around the problem. Sorting out the genuine people from the time wasters could become an epic task, so instead they choose to avoid personal contact and risk some innocent people suffering along the way, not fair I know.

You're absolutely right but unfortunately it leaves a lot of people in limbo.  It's too bad really.  Take care! -Rose

You too Rose

Misty: I may go through with the appeal process, but I don't have very high hopes. Of course, I understand that it's nigh impossible to sort through people, especially without interacting face-to-face or even via phone. I do wish there was a program on here other than Adsense though. Oh well, I still do enjoy HubPages. I just may not post here as much.

My advice would be that if you haven't actually been banned, then you have no need to appeal. Just leave it a while, keep writing, and then apply again. Honestly, so many people get rejected multiple times, but eventually get accepted when they have sufficient quality content. If you have definitely been banned for some breach of TOS then you can try appealing, but few succeed (there are rare exceptions to this though).

Hey, sorry. I don't mean to bother you, but I have one more question.

How would you know for sure that you have been banned?

I believe you would get an email, but as I have never been banned I can't say for sure. Those that have been banned have usually come to the forums here to say how horrified they are that they have been banned and want to know how they can become approved again. From memory I believe they were notified by email, but I suggest a quick site search for terms like 'banned from Adsense' or 'Adsense account banned' will quickly answer this more thoroughly, probably including the actual text they were sent in their email. If all else fails a general online search will no doubt produce the required results.

Got to go to bed now (after 06.00am here) but hope you can resolve this. From what you have said it doesn't sound like you were banned, just that your Adsense account had not yet been approved due to insufficient content. This means you still have hope and can probably still get an Adsense account in the next month or two.

Catch up later smile

2. Chuck Bluestein profile image61
            Chuck Bluesteinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was at an adsense meeting in NYC. Someone said that sometimes he has problems with adsense and would like to be able to talk to someone there even if he has to pay them per minute to talk to them. So will Google ever have anything like customer service. The guy said "no." Apparently it is set up so it will all be done by computer.

@Chuck.  Wow.........that's interesting!  I suppose we are supposed to fend for ourselves.  The FAQ and other info on their site are totally pointless as well.  This is truly ridiculous.  Well at least now you have cleared that up for us.  Thank you for your input.  Take care.  -Rose

Rose: Sorry that you're in the same boat as I am. I guess I'll try appealing, but from what I read in the FAQ and what everyone here is saying,  things don't look too promising.

Yup, I also read Google's FAQ, and I also didn't find it very helpful.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

I would also factor in that you simply don't have enough hubs to be granted an Adsense account yet. You need around 15-20 as a minimum now before Adsense will grant you an account (you have 10). There are numerous threads here on the HP forums where this has been talked about (you can easily find them with a site search on the topic of Adsense).

Hey,

I realize there are other threads here, but I asked some very specific questions that others answered in detail (don't worry, I write this in a civil state of mind, ha!). I mentioned several steps I had taken concerning my account. Thanks anyway. smile

Well my advice is not to give up applying, just give it a month or two and write some more hubs before you try again. Plenty of people have applied multiple times, and so long as they haven't applied every week, they have eventually been accepted (assuming they had good content of course).

Thanks, Misty. I will give it more time and build up content.

2. joanveronica profile image69
    joanveronicaposted 10 years ago

Same here! I have had this happen to me and I'm very frustrated, I don't really know what to do about it. My suggestion is that Hubpages find another way to monetize that does not involve Adsense, so that we can all have a chance to get a few dollars for all our efforts!

I honestly don't think there are any there are any other viable alternatives Joan. I can't think of any that would pay as well as Adsense does, plus there would be no incentive for Google to rate articles without their adverts on them highly in the search engines (and Google are where the majority of our traffic comes from). Right now Google is the only option that makes sense (or 'cents' of a decent amount).

2. rose-the planner profile image61

@joanveronica.....you may be on to something!  Perhaps some new methods of monetizing might be a solution.

3. profile image0
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years ago

I'm so right there with you all. It's maddening trying to deal with Google, as my whiny posts have conveyed. hmm

I guess it's nice not being the only one wondering and confused Jennifer...lol!  As you can see, quite a few of us are in the same boat, unfortunately!
      -Rose

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

I think the best thing to do would be:

1. Be sure you didn't click on any ADVERTS. That's a good way to lose all chance of an account.
    2. Wait 2-3 months and apply again.
    3. Maybe start writing on sites like Squidoo or Zujava or Infobarrel which have their own payout systems so you don't need an Adsense account.
    4. Remember that you'll likely only earn $2-$5/1,000 views. Most people earn only pennies in the first six months, until they learn how to get a lot of regular external (not from inside Hubpages) traffic. The older your online content gets, the more traffic it will slowly get.

You brought up some very good points and it may be worthwhile checking out the other sites mentioned.  At the end of the day, you're right it's not like people will get rich on Adsense.  I think as with most people here, they enjoy writing and that's why they are on HubPages, but I guess seeing that tiny bit of revenue may be a motivator for some.  I think you have offered some great advice!  Take care.  -Rose

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You'll find that you're unlikely to earn a lot just from Adsense here; only one advert actually shows your pub-id (bottom right). Most of the money comes through HP ads. smile

@Wrylilt.   Thanks for your input.  I find it funny that with their stringent rules you would think they were making people rich off of their program, lol.  Take care.  -Rose

But if you switch off HP ads all your adverts will be Adsense ones (although most people earn more from the HP ads/Adsense combination). For most sites (away from HP) Adsense is the main earner, so they can dictate the rules, and many people have earned a lot from Adsense over the years. Adsense know they have the market cornered right now, so basically they can call the shots (even if they often seem to be unfair).

Wrylit: Thank you very much for the excellent advice and for the website suggestions. It does make sense to let my account age and grow a bit more. And, yes, I'm aware of the pay. You certainly couldn't earn a living off of these! smile  It took me months just to get to 1,000 page views.

No, I didn't click on ADVERTS. I only clicked on the links I added to my guides (eg. Amazon links, etc.). So, from what I understand, the links that earn you your pay are the ads Google chooses and not links you add yourself. I get it now. No, I never clicked their ads.

5. TedWritesStuff profile image66
    TedWritesStuffposted 10 years ago

Misty, as someone who has been banned, because the traffic to my website spiked from 40/day to 200/day on one single day and it was deemed to be of too low a quality. I personally didn't do anything to invite this surge in traffic and the first thing I knew about it was when I got an email from Adsense saying my account had been banned/cancelled (been a while so exact wording vague). This coincided with that account being within a few cents of its first payout (within 28 cents I think). Appealing this decision was an exercise in futility,  so I hit the adsense forums. Wow, there are a lot of understandably bitter and angry people there. But the common message was that if the Big G decides against you, then that's it. Apparently for life. Be afraid of Google, the do no evil motto is long forgotten. It would be lovely if HP could have another option, even for the few pennies. Anyway, good luck and be aware that Google will quite bluntly tell you if they have cancelled or declined you.

It is horrible when that happens and you know you did nothing wrong. Luckily for Krys it doesn't sound like she has been banned because she has not had such an email. It sounds more like she has not been granted an Adsense account yet due to 'insufficient content'. Thank you for confirming that if Krys had been banned she would have received an email saying so. 'Touch wood', my account is okay, and I have had it for 5 years now and do receive regular payouts from it. On two occasions my traffic spiked unusually too, but I took the precaution of reporting this as 'Unusual Activity' to Adsense. Maybe this protected me, as I never heard back from them and my account was not banned.
      Thanks again for clarifying what would happen if Krys had been banned.

6. profile image0
    redwhiskeypeteposted 10 years ago

I was banned from adsense and I also have no idea why and google would not repsond to and of my questions. I was just ignored. I have written a couple of hubs about my "experience" with google. Basically they an monopoly and not accountable to anyone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)