Belief of the intelligent design

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (87 posts)
  1. Mark Johann profile image62
    Mark Johannposted 10 years ago

I just saw some documentaries about scientists admitting that there is an intelligent design made by the Designer...The Creator.

I would like to recommend this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … S1x-6al2pE

Thanks for participating my forum. smile

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, scientists do not say such ridiculous things.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

THAT is a lie. THAT is ridiculous. There are many scientists who do believe in a Creator. For Heaven's sake. At least admit to things that can be proven.

1. Zelkiiro profile image88
          Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

1 out of every 1000 is not "many."

2. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Beth, you are both right and wrong.  Yes, there are scientists that believe in a Creator.  There just weren't any (good) ones in that video.  There are far too many logical fallacies, too many unsupported claims and too much arguing from a semantical base to be considered a scientist.

3. A Troubled Man profile image59

The key word here is 'scientists' which immediately implies that they are speaking on behalf of science when they make those claims. Those folks could be bowlers, for all we know, but no one here is saying that many bowlers believe in a Creator.

And no, real scientists who speak on behalf of science do not say those ridiculous things.

1. profile image0

Your assumptions are incorrect.
            Or maybe you don't consider Isaac Newton or Pythagoras contributing scientists?
            Here's a small list of names to peruse.

Isaac Newton and (especially) Pythagoras weren't around when modern science became a thing and handily brushed off mindless superstitions like deities, the afterlife, and the supernatural. Hell, neither of them were even around when we discovered bacteria. Or atoms. Or neutrinos. Or dark matter.

1. profile image0

Yeah... lets not count them... or the list I posted.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

Oh, I see, you believe that centuries ago, your religion didn't torture or kill people for not believing. lol

1. profile image0

Wow. Holy off-topic Batman.
                I do not discount reported history. Where did I say that? Yes, I have indeed heard of the crusades... where a group of ppl went on a killing spree and all in God's name. I could go on a killing spree in your name as well, would that make you in any way responsible?

1. wilderness profile image96

Good point.  So why do people find it necessary to be a part of the religion that caused the crusades rather than simply be a part of God?

1. profile image0

You will have to ask them. I follow God and the Bible, not a religion.

No, it would make you responsible.

Of course, I don't act like a selfish, psychotic despot, demanding love and worship from my followers.

1. profile image0

Im glad.
                    I don't know anyone like that either.

2. Zelkiiro profile image88
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

I see your YouTube video and raise you another:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RnygS7opCA

1. profile image0

Ben Stein? Glad you brought him up! He makes an appearance!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO7IT81h200

1. profile image0

I love this movie. (Expelled.) Did you watch it?

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 10 years ago

this is going to sound strange but I on the other hand have no idea what you are talking about lol
    sorry

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Y'all may spin it as you please. It doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is to call something an absolute that isn't one.

5. profile image0
    scottcgruberposted 10 years ago

The burden of proof is on the creationists to prove that there is design in nature. They have not done so.

They have only made arguments from ignorance: we don't know how x evolved, therefore God Did It.

1. renegadetory profile image60
      renegadetoryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's an interesting position, but science has not proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that life began without a creator, so there is an equal burden of proof on them to prove there is no God.

lol No, the burden of proof for God is entirely on the shoulders of believers like yourself.

Science has shown life began entirely on it's own, no gods, leprechauns or giant lizards were required in the creation of life.

Has it?  I would be interested in knowing your source, if you don't mind.

Try this for starters...

http://exploringorigins.org/rna.html

then you can peruse more advanced papers here...

http://rnajournal.cshlp.org/

Here's a helpful guide...

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/glossary=rna

From the links that you have posted, I gather you are guiding me towards the "RNA world' hypothesis?  Please correct me if I am wrong.

If this is in fact the case, has any scientist been able to demonstrate how RNA could have formed before living cells were around to make it or how it could have survived under the conditions of the early earth?  If you are able, please throw a link or two in my direction or list a book that I might be able to look it up. 

With regard to the second link you posted, are there any particular issues or specific articles that I should be looking for?

Yes, this guy created under laboratory conditions, an RNA molecule, modeled after the conditions of the early earth.

https://mcdb.colorado.edu/directory/yarus_m.html

http://artsandsciences.colorado.edu/mag … n-of-life/

I was not aware of this, how very interesting. 

To be fair, I will share with you where I get much of my skepticism of the RNA world theory:

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~bch176/Joyce1989.pdf

I realize that this is a somewhat dated article (1989) but he makes a good argument regarding the difficulty to synthesize RNA in the prebiotic environment.

But, he also states it's time to start looking at RNA seriously and figure out how to make it, which was accomplished since then. No problem. smile

Me, too.  Proof that God didn't reach down and...push...those early atoms and molecules together in the primordial soup would be most interesting.

6. Mark Johann profile image62

If you have emotions then there has to be Someone who made that thing. Just my thought.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why did there have to be "Someone" who made emotions?

7. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8055289_f248.jpg

No, that is not atheism, that is nonsense. Whoever wrote that deserves to be mocked.

Atheism is merely a lack of belief in gods.

1. profile image0

oic

2. autumn18 profile image58
      autumn18posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not all atheists mock your beliefs so that image is just promoting conflict.

1. profile image0

Im just curious... do you come to the defense of a person of faith's belief's when an Atheist rips apart every attempt the believer makes to answer the question they were asked by the Atheist? Cause I don't remember seeing you before.

Deleted

1. profile image0

Sorry, sometimes words are hard.

I wanted to know if she also came to the defense of (let's say) a Christian...
            when the Christian's belief's were mocked by an Atheist (let's say you.)
            Because I didn't remember seeing her here on this thread asking you to stop mocking the Christians, for simply trying to answer the questions they had been asked by the Atheists.

Yes, thank you, that makes more sense. Carry on.

2. autumn18 profile image58
              autumn18posted 10 years agoin reply to this

No I didn't specifically go to the defense of a Christian in this thread. If I see someone mocking a person with incorrect skewed information or assumptions then I would. The silly image did that. It jumps out at me more because I hear so many Christians claim to want peace and understanding with all people regardless of belief system and the image goes against that. You can believe anything you want, it only matters to me when people's beliefs (on any side) cause conflict.

Exactly, and it was posted here with the sole purpose of promoting conflict.

1. profile image0

lol. Does your mother know you do this?

She's currently standing behind me laughing her head off at your posts.

1. profile image0

I find that shocking.

I guess she doesn't subscribe to your strong conviction to mock the faith and not the person.

(I have to go to work now, that doesn't mean I don't care.)

Why would you find it shocking that people laugh at your beliefs, it happens all the time.

Yes, she does, that's why she is laughing hysterically at your beliefs. Of course,they aren't really yours to begin with anyways, they are someone else beliefs which you have accepted.

1. profile image0

I was just kidding with the shocked thing. Im sorry, I thought that came across.

3. wilderness profile image96

ATHEISM
      The belief there was once something we've named a "singularity".  The singularity exploded (for no known reason), creating everything and everywhere.  The a bunch of the exploded everything (called mass, atoms or molecules) rearranged itself (according to the laws of physics and chemistry) into self replicating bits which additional bits of energy or mass eventually turned into dinosaurs.
      AND THEY MOCK YOUR BELIEFS

A little more truthful, a little less disparaging, but basically true.  But, reworded for truth, it certainly takes away the ridicule, doesn't it?

1. profile image0

I can tell you the constant ridicule of your belief begins to wear on you after a while. I hope this is something you can identify with and maybe begin to understand.

I'm not at all surprised, when one believes in ridiculous invisible magical super beings and expect to be treated like adults will be constantly ridiculed, until they grow up.

It is completely understandable. smile

1. profile image0

Oh good, problem solved.

Actually, the problem is not solved. Can you not see the problem of posting that conflict?

Yes.  Yes it does wear.  As does any ridicule where facts are changed to become lies, baseless insinuations and innuendos are made or truth is twisted unrecognizably.  Whether it is for atheism or theism, whether for democrat or republican, or to promote choice or life, it's increasingly irritating.

8. Mark Johann profile image62

Our minds cannot fathom the mind of God. I just want to express my beliefs and hopefully let some people there believe and accept that there is a Creator, a Higher Being, who made us and loves us always.

I am thinking of unification of mankind through Jesus Christ's example. I am just thinking that why are some people don't wonder why adult or old people really really believe and serve God. This is not a childish way. They are adults, philosophers, good thinkers, not foolish.

Why not research and think of the possibility or even believe that there is life after death and there is God, instead of insisting and mocking that we believers are foolish of believing God. I am just confused of the how those people live their lives by believing just by themselves.

I am praying for those people that someday, they may be as higher believers as my level of belief today.

Those who oppose against the belief in God are stronger preachers on the side of God soon. I hope and pray.

1. profile image0

Well said. smile

Mark Johannposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Beth37. smile Bless you!

2. Mark Johann profile image62

I am sorry for excess words written. I did not review it. smile

1. profile image0

It was from the heart. It was perfect as is.

smile

Yes, from the heart, indeed. smile

You will not succeed because those beliefs are childish myths.

Christianity has always divided mankind and will always continue to do so as long as people believe and follow it. Yes, it is very childish and foolish.

It is actually research and thinking that leads people to understand gods, the afterlife, etc. are merely childish myths. Those who defend those myths deserve to be mocked.

Praying is useless, it accomplishes nothing. You will fail to do anything when you pray. That is why people actually do things rather than pray.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)