Does TELEPATHY exist?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (60 posts)
  1. Klush profile image57
    Klushposted 10 years ago

Telepathy is the communication between two consciousnesses, without using any verbal or visual methods. I've seen it myself. Have you?

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, our brains cannot work that way. You have not seen it yourself.

1. Klush profile image57
        Klushposted 10 years agoin reply to this

First, I wasn't there while it was taking place. I heard it from someone.

Sure, you were. lol

1. Klush profile image57

How do you know that? lol

2. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Methodology used?  Controls?  Critical peer reviews of the process?  Other witnesses?  Write up?  Honest efforts to "debunk" the process with alternative explanations?  Any positive test results for energy transference?  Verbal or pictorial?

1. Klush profile image57

It's difficult to teach a human being how an ant thinks about the world.

1. wilderness profile image94

Not sure which one of us is the ant and which the human being, but I would add that it can be incredibly difficult to teach some humans how to reason critically and even harder to teach them that everything needs questioned and examined for truth.

It can be even more difficult to teach some human beings the difference between opinion and fact.  From two of your posts:
              "I've seen it myself."
              "First, I wasn't there while it was taking place. I heard it from someone."
              The two statements are diametrically opposed; which one is fact?

1. Klush profile image57

I experienced that (Telepathy) later, myself.

Well, people are smart enough, perhaps, to figure out the ant out of us.

3. profile image0
          riddle666posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow! How many times you can edit a single statement?
          If anybody claims that that something happened though it didn't,  there is only three reasons
          1) either they are fooled by nature or human or both.
          2) they are lying.
          3) they are nuts.
          You can choose the group.

4. madscientist12 profile image91
          madscientist12posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You said you've seen it yourself then you said someone told you about it. Wow you're full of it. It seems all your forum posts are crazy. Is there a point to all the madness?

1. Klush profile image57

Apart from forum posts, perhaps the moniker e choose define us a bit, does it? smile

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2409422

5. profile image0
          Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So, someone told you they saw something between two people, perhaps one person reading someones mind?

Was this person at a magic show?

2. profile image0

Yes, only last day it was walking around my house.

3. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There is no doubt in my mind that my dog does it, and wildlife has it also..  Whatever "IT" is.

I've looked out my kitchen window to see my dog sleeping by the fense 50 yards away, as soon as I silently reach over and pick up my Peanut butter sandwich and "Taste" it, the dog jerks its head up, looks straight at the window while jumping up and runs to the back door.   I've seen it a dozen times.

Animals definately have telapathic abilities with whatever they deside to "Tune" into.

1. profile image0

That's not telepathic at all. That's ears and noses that are thousands of times more sensitive than ours. If I'm ever unsure where my dog is I open the fridge and open the meat container and BAM, there he is.

Dogs rely heavily on body language, something we don't pay much attention to. Try this little experiment. Walk up to where ever you dog is and kneel on all fours. The put your elbows to the floor keeping you hand flat on the ground. If he's an active dog he'll want to play.

1. Jerami profile image59

Don't think thats is the case here.  this happens too many times.
          Doors and windows closed.
          didn't open the frig.  didn't open the jar ....    This was a test.   Peanut butter sandwiches and   
          oatmeal cookies are his favorite.  ,,,
          Sandwich was already made and laying there for some time.
          Looked out the window for a few minutes. He apeared as if he was asleep.                                                   I took a bite and he suddenly looks up as if I had called him, and runs to the back door. 
          I've seen too many instances where it apears animals are sometimes telepathic for me not to believe they sometimes are.

1. profile image0

Nope, they watch for movement, smell and sound. They can hear you walk and most likely some can even pick up a heart beat. Dogs have been breed to respond to humans so well they are the only other animal beside the chimp to understand the human pointed finger.

1. Jerami profile image59

You are probably right....   while lying head pointed in the oposit direction, from 150' away he,  heard me, through closed windows and door, pick up a sandwich and take a bite.
                 That has got to be the only logical explanation.

1. profile image0

It's more logical than assuming they can read your thoughts. Actually you may have not even been thinking about the sandwich. Ever see a trained drug sniffing dog find drugs buried in almost anything. They don't smell the whole of something like stew, they small all the ingredients. My dog can hear dogs walk by the house from inside the house.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

lol Brains don't work that way, that is a fantasy.

4. Slarty O'Brian profile image78
      Slarty O'Brianposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It may well be possible. There has been some positive research done on the subject in the last few years. i wrote a hub on the subject of the research. But I found this link that explains it. There is also video on youtube.

This is research done by a very reputable scientist working in neuroscience: Dr Persinger, famous for the god helmet experiments.

I don't know if the theory is correct but it is reasonable.

http://www.skeptiko.com/michael-persing … thic-link/

5. profile image0
      CroftRoanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've read studies on it. I don't know if it exists the way we perceive it but I believe that communication is far more than just verbal cues.

2. karthikkash profile image82
    karthikkashposted 10 years ago

While there is no definitive proof that telepathy exists, there is also no definitive proof of it not existing. Telepathy falls into the category called metaphysics or as our dear young child science calls it, "pseudoscience" (certain modern scientists/also known as intellectual w@*kers think they are the grand daddies of the universe and they know everything and nothing of this sort exists. It is just like believing oxygen didn't exist, till it was discovered).

Most of the accounts we find are personal experiences. I too have had an experience in telepathy quite a few times. I have sent mental messages to a couple of people. Now, can I prove that using calculus and trigonometric equations? Absolutely not. At least not with the present physics and mathematical systems. But some day it may be proved. Just the way teleportation is being proved.

Of course, for it to work, we must have developed our subconscious mental powers to a certain level. And that comes from practice.

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image78

Studies in to these things need to be made in earnest. But it seems that everything we dream about being able to on our own is possible with the help of technology. We can not fly but we build airplanes. We can levitate and propel things with a super-cooled EM field. We can "teleport" groups of atoms.
      So while we can not physically do certain things ourselves we find other ways to do things.

Myth talks about all kinds of animals that do not exist, like unicorns. But we could probably make them using genetics.  We can make gold from lead but it takes a nuclear accelerator to do it.

That is the real magic. We think, and then we put out our hands and make it happen. We find the cause and effect and we use it.

That is what people were looking for when they used "magic". They were looking for words or formulas that transformed things. Science finds them.

If telepathy is possible in humans there is probably a link to how atoms work. After all, they are leaving us and being replenished constantly. Could a brain use send and receive information that way? It certainly is not something common, and even people who claim it can't do it all the time or with any stunning accuracy.

But could we build a machine, a brain implant, chip, what ever, that could accomplish it?  I think that has a high probability of happening in the future at some point.

The question is, would we really want it? I don't think I would go for the implant. There would be no more secrets and no more privacy. You would soon be charged with thinking about committing crimes. There have been Sci Fi books and movies about that.

1. wilderness profile image94

We already can, using technology.  A headset and training will allow you to control a computer using nothing but your mind; a second person with the same tech and with the computers hooked to the net or a radio can certainly "talk" to each other.

karthikkashposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Slarty: Definitely agree. Science today is definitely trying to replicate what the ancient people spoke about. Telepathy and other stuff that belong to the field of metaphysics work on the principle of "chi", "kundalini" or the "life force" every human has. Of course, they are not yet explained mathematically. The theory is simple. Every thought and words are made of energy and naturally, according to wave theory, these thoughts have their own wavelength and frequency. The space too is made of infinite frequencies. When a thought or word resonates with this frequency, depending in the strength of the wave, things start to manifest (the effect of music on growth of plants and the effect of words on water crystal structure already proves this).

For telepathy to happen, the transmitter's thought frequency must be the same as receiver (just like a classic transmitter/receiver). Naturally, this won't happen always. That is why it is extremely difficult to achieve telepathy. The best time is to do when both are in deep trance/meditative state because this is where both are in the "theta state" (this happens best when the receiver is sleeping and the sender is in a deep meditative state).

As the saying goes, magic is nothing but science far too advanced for human understanding.

Regarding the mythical creatures, you never know. Humans are still children compared to the age of earth and the universe. Who knows what creatures have come and gone in the past? A major part of the earth is still unexplored. Who knows what mysteries are hidden? smile

The reason for that is because it's all nonsense.

No, there are no theories, there are only empty assertions.

Gibberish.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Other than the fact the brain cannot work that way, it is impossible.

No, it isn't like that at all. It is based on how the brain works.

Pretending is not the same thing. You didn't actually send anything because your brain cannot work that way.

That is pure baloney.

1. Klush profile image57

Yes, it's all in the brain for sure. Nothing exists outside the brain. Even you. lol

karthikkashposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A Troubled Man: I mean no disrespect to you. But I have seen quite a few replies from you on forums similar to this. All I hear from you is "it is not possible", "it doesn't exist", "brain cannot work that way" and so on. Have you ever bothered to take time to actually do some real research on these or are you too contended with material things and prefer saying "it is not possible", "it is not true" and so on just for the sake of saying it?

I practice a bit of hypnotherapy, NLP and some other techniques as well. I was exposed to how subconscious works quite a few years ago and I was a Kundalini practitioner as well. I have seen things in action.

Do you know that an average human being uses less than 5% of brain? Do you know what that actually implies. Almost 95% of our brain is unused. That has massive implications of what our brain can do.

It is is also known that 95% of human activities, especially the vital ones like breathing, pumping blood etc are controlled by the subconscious and not the conscious. If that was controlled by the conscious, humans would die long ago.

1. profile image0

That's simply not true. Humans use the entire brain. Do a little research on the subject.

Again, not true.

1. Klush profile image57

What's outside the brain?

1. profile image0

The meninges and the skull.

1. Klush profile image57

Isn't your skull inside your brain?

1. profile image0

No, I'm not you.

1. Klush profile image57

Even I'm in your brain, including your meninges and your skull.

2. profile image0

That would most certainly make him dead. You will notice that we can't see the brain from the outside of the body, unless the person has had the misfortune of a grave accident or murder.

3. profile image0
                  Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Um.  No.  Actually, your brain is INSIDE your skull.  The skull is the hard outer shell that protects the brain - whether you choose to use it or not.

I think he means our bodies including our brains and skull are figments of our minds imagination. We are just god's dream, not real at all.

That or he's nuts. lol...

2. profile image0

Not brain.

2. profile image0

I can't comment about you but an average human being use almost 100% of his brain almost all the time. If you are using only 5% try to use the rest as well.

3. A Troubled Man profile image58

Yes, that is why those things are not possible. It comes from doing the research. It is not for the sake of saying it because that is reality.

You are practicing nonsense and have not seen anything in action other than a vivid imagination.

That is a myth, you may educate yourself here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_percent_of_brain_myth

So what?

3. profile image0

Well of course.....not. You do understand what the subconscious is right. By it's very definition we are NOT conscious of our subconscious making difficult/impossible to develop subconscious mental powers. You see your ego doesn't want you to know what's down there as it's quite possible your conscious mind would be disgusted by what goes on down there. Your ego can keep your subconscious in check, but it doesn't allow you access, unless of course you want a psychotic break.

3. Krishnaprasad k profile image61
    Krishnaprasad kposted 10 years ago

how cud u see i think we can experience it

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 10 years ago

I know for a fact that it exists. I was witness to it once. There was no other explanation. As impossible as it seems; apparently, it is possible.

1. Klush profile image57

Could you please describe what you had witnessed? It would benefit us all.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It won't do any good. It's just my word. Those prone to believe it was possible will think it interesting. Those who think it impossible will attempt to debunk it. But, we were playing cards. There was a guy there, younger than the rest of us. Incredibly gullible and easily led. So gullible, I'd once convinced him I could move magnets with the power of my mind. Anyway, there was pot and alcohol involved, so he was that much more gullible. So, we were playing poker and decided it would be more fun if we had three wild cards. Each of us drew a card and concentrated on it, then let this kid call the wild cards. Three hands in a row, the guy called three wild cards and each time the cards he called matched the cards we were concentrating on. I could see him guessing one, once. But every one every time...it's a head scratcher for me.

I had an experience similar to that once. As I said before as a teenager I lived with up to 15 other people, half of whom were philosophy students.  We always had debates.
          There was one person who we called a receiver. He was gullible too. We could convince him of anything. But he never seemed interested in anything we were saying and if someone asked him his opinion he would  sat some gibberish or other indicating he had no idea what we were talking about.
          But once in while he would say something profound and then not have a clue why he said it or in fact what it meant.
          Well anyway, I was in a state between being awake and asleep. I was absolutely exhausted because of an experiment I had done. I couldn’t move but my mind was very active.
          The phone woke me a bit but I just couldn’t move.  When Ken the receiver walked to the phone and picked it up I could hear who was on the other end. I simply imagined I was talking to this person and as I said the words in my head, ken repeated them verbatim.  It was the strangest feeling.
          I made an appointment to meet with the person in a specific place and time the next day. Ken said he would tell me but I never saw him the next day as he went to work very early.
          I went to the meeting place and there was the person I had planned to meet. 
          Was it a case of telepathy or was my mind so susceptible that the events happened the other way around? Did Ken just speak for me and since I liked what I heard did I just transpose the sequence so that I thought I had transmitted it to him?
          After all, I had the meeting and Ken didn’t have to tell me because I had heard the time and place agreed to.
          From my perspective it seemed like telepathy. It probably wasn’t though.
          So not knowing the particulars of your story and all the relationships between all the participants I can’t say what happened.   Could someone have tipped this guy off as to what to pick to make it look like telepathy?   
          Could it be a co incidence that he guessed right three times? It could. Could you guys have been giving subliminal cues? You could have but I can’t say you did.
          So it is a head scratcher as to whether either of our experiences were telepathy or not.  I doubt it, but unlike others here I do not think telepathy is completely outside the realm of possibility, considering the possibilities opened up by quantum entanglement.
          I’m certainly not convinced either way.

5. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

Of course it does. I'm the one who sent you the impulse to make this thread in the first place.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)