Something Wroing With Google?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Cameron Corniuk profile image85
    Cameron Corniukposted 16 years ago

Or is it me?

Here is what I am seeing.  Other than my profile on HubPages, there is NO indexing for my hubs in google.com.  I have searched by all keywords.  I have done this by hand and by program.  I have checked google itself, and the URLs are not indexed.  Also, page impressions.  I had 17 two days ago.  Now I still have only 17, even though unique views have continued to climb.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Calm down. And get a few good external links - from your blog, etc. Submit hub rss to pingoat. Pretty much it...

3. Cameron Corniuk profile image85

I can work on all that, but if the basis isn't there, I don't think this advice (while helpful) is going to help me in this situation.

The site isn't registering on Google at all for the past two days.

Now, I have other sites with NO submission, NO tags, NO anything, and they're doing better in google, because, well, they exist.

As time goes, I'm beginning to wonder where exactly this issue lies.  I've also noticed sign-ups that came from my trackers, but they're not credited either.

((Really, I should've posted this in the other forum))

4. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

On one hand, Google is random, and what takes minutes in one case can take hours or days in other case. I am pretty much sure that *every* page on this site gets indexed within a week probably, and yours will, too. smile

On the other hand, your case leans towards several days, not several minutes. The only way Google can find your page is following a link from somewhere. There are not many links to your hub on hubpages just yet, and all of them are on low or no PR pages, that get spidered much less often than high PR ones. That's probably the reason your hub is not indexed yet, and that is why I told you to get some good external links...

5. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image78
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years ago

Misha,

Would you be suggesting that a Hubbers score has something to do with their opportunity to get crawled?

tDMg
    LdsNana-AskMormon

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

A Hubber's score, as darkside mentioned in the other thread that you asked, involves:

In no particular order:

1. your participation in the HubPages community, such as: reading and commenting on other people's hubs; forum activity; flagging content violations; rating other people's hubs (thumbs up and down)
         2. total number of published hubs
         3. the hub scores of your published hubs
         4. the total traffic across all your published hubs
         5. how recently you've published
         6. your fans

2. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Kathryn,

Yes, it does have something to do with it. To be precise - not your hubscore, but hubscores of your hubs. The higher the hubscore is, the higher that particular hub gets placed on pages like "best hubs". If you get to the first page of some tag best hubs, you probably have a link from at least PR4 page, that gets spidered at least once a day, some times more often. However, even second page often has no PR... and gets spidered much less often...

6. Cameron Corniuk profile image85

Misha,

I thank you for the help.  What you say makes sense, but only in part.

Two or three days ago, I was able to locate my first Hub via google.  Now, it's not indexed.  I would think, if nothing else, I could find a historical view.  Unfortunately, I cannot utilize the Google check tools to see if I have somehow done something wrong.  Also, there is the concern of why the AdSense hasn't counted visits in two days when it did for the first two days, and the Hubpage referrals aren't crediting properly.

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Well, I'll leave referral to those who knows them.

Two out of your five hubs are indexed on my datacenter. Google have quite a few of them, and they replicate the data across the Internet. It is normal to see slightly different results depending on what exactly datacenter you hit with your search request.

You did not do anything wrong, your hubs look just fine. Again, give it a few more days, and it all will settle - believe me, you are not the first person asking such questions on these forums, and everybody before you finally got indexed smile

As for Adsense - it probably does not show anything because there is no traffic...

8. Cameron Corniuk profile image85

Thanks, MIsha.  I don't know why I didn't consider which DC I was hitting.  There has been traffic, much more in the past two days than the previous two days, because I have started backlinking from reputable sites/forums.  Perhaps it has something to do with updating and time, I imagine?

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Frankly - in this case I don't know. I don't see your adsense stats, I don't see your hubpages stats, and I don't see your google analytics. Usually Adsense tend to show data fairly fast for me - but it's been a long time since I added a site to it anew, and I don't remember whether there was a lag at the beginning or not...

9. ipnomad profile image60
    ipnomadposted 16 years ago

Suggestion: Add to each hub, tags that are shown on the Topics page. That page gets crawled often by Google and the bots will usually follow hubs with those tags while others have to wait a bit.

10. Cameron Corniuk profile image85

Misha, again I appreciate the help.

I was about to add another reply, and suddenly y AdSense kicked in.  Just weird to me.  I was priorly getting updates on it throughout the day, even with such limited traffic.  Then, it stopped for a day or so.  And now, it's working again.

Being so new, and trying to learn the ropes, I'm a bit over-cautious, perhaps.  But, I'd rather have any issues that might arise fixed/explained in the beginning rather than down the road.

My guess with HP is that it's just a time issue, but we'll see.

11. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

You are welcome Cameron smile

Yeah, I would give it a few more days to sort itself out...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)