Edit my hubs, hub scores go up, hubber score goes down...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)
  1. quiterandom profile image69
    quiterandomposted 10 years ago

Really?
    What is the deal here?
    So confusing...

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Scores mean nothing. Ignore them and they'll look after themselves.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In my case, my Hubber Score did not stabilize until I'd been writing here for about two years and had several hundred Hubs -- It was like starting out with 1 point of data (that would be one Hub) on a graph and finally reaching a "normalized curve"  hundreds or thouands of points later. The Hubber Score should not be our primary concern, then, I'm sure.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
        Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

When there is little data, the stats do seem to jump up and down dramatically.  I agree with Patty - write more high quality hubs - the more you have, the less effect each one proportionately has.

1. quiterandom profile image69
          quiterandomposted 10 years agoin reply to this

All of my few hubs are high quality wink I don't write just to have more hubs, I write about things I like!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
            Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't trying to imply that you don't write high quality hubs.  With only 6 hubs, each one is a huge proportion 1/6.  When you have hundreds of hubs, each one makes a smaller impact. 

You don't have to write more hubs if you don't want to - just understand that as long as you have a few hubs, a small change in one will make a drastic impact on your scores.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88

+1
              I think that's usually correct.

2. quiterandom profile image69

Oh, I know, that's why there was a little winky smiley face after I said that.

2. janshares profile image94
        jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1 What Patty and MillionaireTips said; my points exactly about writing more hubs.

2. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

quiterandom, it's too complicated to explain or try and figure out. I remember when it would happen to me as well. And it could very well happen again if I don't keep my pace up. It seems unfair when all you're trying to do is follow the rules, improve your work, and improve your standing. It takes time and a lot of patience.

I will tell you that the whole hub score, hubber score thing is a "random" roller coaster of ups and downs, most of which is out of your control, based on algorithms and the productivity of other hubbers. Once you establish a foundation with more hubs (quality and stellar, of course), you will begin to have more control over your destiny here at HP. I speak from my own experience, others may differ.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years ago

Keep this in mind and watch your hubber score shoot through the roof....ready ????
    Here it Goes, you're sure you want it ???????

Forget about everything you have read before and get consistently higher traffic.

Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.........tongue

1. janshares profile image94

+1 Traffic is King; more hubs, more traffic. More stellar hubs, more traffic. More hubs that aren't that great but for some reason go viral, more traffic.

4. quiterandom profile image69
    quiterandomposted 10 years ago

More weirdness.

I know, I know, it doesn't matter...

Randomly, every single one of my hubs dropped by at least 7 points. All at the same time.

Being a tad OCD, this kinda thing just bugs the crap out of me.
    If there were some kind of explanation, some.. something... I'd prolly be OK.

But instead, I'll go waste time seeing if my stuff was copied or something, etc..

1. profile image0
      epsonok0posted 10 years agoin reply to this

nothing sucks more than seeing your work copied. LOL except when you post a bunch of forum entries and comments, publish a hub, do some clean up, feel so proud and your hub score drops.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88

+1

1. profile image0

an enigma of HP

5. CraftytotheCore profile image76
    CraftytotheCoreposted 10 years ago

I have one Hub was doing ok, and then the score dropped significantly today when I logged on.  I made a few edits as well as adding more to it.  In the past when I've done that, the score goes up and it does better.  Not today.  I guess it just wasn't my day!  LOL  The score dropped even more. 

I know how you feel, but hang in there.  The scores fluctuate all of the time.

6. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

What kind of hubs, quiterandom and CraftytotheCore had scores drop? Depending on the hub topic, it may have dropped because other hubbers published similar types of hubs. The algorithm compares us to each other every time hubs are published. That's what I meant in my first post by, "productivity of other hubbers." For example, this is high season for Halloween and Christmas hubs. Hubbers are pumping them out daily, using similar keywords, etc. Depending on how "good" it is, they will keep shifting ranks on the All Topics Page and in hub scores. I figured this out with my own hubs by studying the ups and downs of my hubs compared to others. One day my hub under Gender and Relationships is high, the next day it's low, not because the hub has changed but because activity in the category is changing constantly. This is also dependent upon what searchers search for and what keywords they use. Welcome to the competition side of HP and enjoy the roller coaster ride. smile

1. profile image0

You are brilliant. I mean that. You have finaly simply answered part of the puzzle here. Thank you.

1. janshares profile image94

You are quite welcome. It really takes time, a lot of patience, and study to understand the madness.

2. quiterandom profile image69

All (5) of them, from how-to guides on purchasing classic motorcycles to vintage audio, how to reflash your old router into a new reange extender..
      None of them seasonal.
      So Hubber score had dropped, while hub scores went up, then both plummeted fiercely.
      Was just strange.

3. janshares profile image94

It's really hard to sift out what mght be going on with a few hubs, although all that I said earlier still applies. As I said before it's too complicated to figure out until you've established a foundation of more hubs. Believe me, I went through exactly what you're going through. It was very frustrating and at one point made me want to leave. I would do everything including editing,nparticipating in the community, and writing new hubs, only for hubber score to plummet. Last week, several of my hub scores went down for what seemed to be no reason. They are all back up now. I usdd to stress a lot over it but had to stop and just keep wriitng. It sounds cliche but now I understand what "keep writing" means. Things will stabilize in time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)