How does one who is hated create such lively forums.

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

I am reviled yet my forums create all kinds of participation. I like and I am not going anywhere!

There are some who indicated a boycott to not speak ever on what I write. They are writers heretics. I bless them and invite them to stay away. This is not written for you.

Writers here are often cowards. Their base is to denigrate others who speak their minds. These people are the ones that hate change because they are insecure in their own person. Call them a housewife or an office monkey trying to find himself -- but fear is their motivator and attack the base and you are vile.

I am conducting an in depth research as to what scares people. And in any way attacking their writing platform is upon the top of the list.

(my wife and I were just dancing and playing with our boy. And we sat down and prayed for those who have no joy and then the dinosaur chased the princess and the knight again until too much laughter made it hard to breath) Daddy loves to chase dinosaurs and windmills.

I hope I am challenged here also.

1. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 10 years agoin reply to this

wow so you like knocking people, doing the misery loves company thing, and now you say you actually pray - What the hell kinda God do you pray to? I think your probly just drunk, you will go away eventually

Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for such a derogatory comment. I think I shall shrink in repose and hide from further scrutiny. Is it possible for you to address the issue before attacking the messenger. That is ok if you cannot. "what the hell kind of God do you pray to?" is about as personal attack against me as you can get. Should I ask for your being banned?

1. starme77 profile image77
          starme77posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, wow, personal attack, go cry sad Seems you like to personally attack HP HP editors, and others on here also. But then you cry sad  when I ask about your God Really? Seriously R u Kidding me? Now u want to ban me? ooooook, whatever with that. Go cry ya whiner

2. EncephaloiDead profile image53
          EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think the issue was addressed, succinctly.

2. MarleneB profile image92
      MarleneBposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Eric, I'm traveling right now and had a moment to check in to see what's happening with HubPages. I saw your forum and thought I'd step in to send a little love your way. I'm hoping it will counterbalance the hate from the haters on this site. They're everywhere, Eric! Anyway, here's much love and many blessings to you.

Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You just better be darn well travelling to happiness. There is an old saying: No matter where we go - there we are I bet no matter where you are that the place is better for it. You are just a good freind.
        My persecution here is as it should be. I love those who revile me and not the points I make. That is really a good spot.

1. Jodah profile image91
          Jodahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not going to revile you Eric, just dropped in to see what's being said as your forums are always so entertaining. You have a rare talent for bringng out the 'worst' in people...lol. God Bless.

2. EncephaloiDead profile image53
          EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

YOU are being persecuted? lol

2. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Aw, you're sweet.

3. suzettenaples profile image88
      suzettenaplesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Happy Thanksgiving, Eric to you a d your family.  Enjoy!

4. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I'm not even sure what to say to this.  To be honest, I never read the other controversial forum you opened that was mentioned here, where you mentioned something about the administrators or whatever. 

Although I will say this, I don't know what exactly happened with you and everyone else here, but I can give you some advice based on my own personal experiences on this site.

Sadly, hubpages has undergone various changes recently, and for some people, it's gotten better.  And for others, it's kind of gotten worse.  For me personally, it's kind of gotten worse, as my traffic and income has decreased significantly on this site over the past year.  However, I don't blame hubpages for that because part of that is my fault. 

As I explained in my letter to my readers, I was going through a lot of personal problems that prevented me from writing consistent content throughout most of last year and this year as well, which i think played more of a factor than anything else if you want me to be honest.

However, I know it can be frustrating though when your getting started on hubpages, which is why you have to slowly build your audience up.  If there's one thing I have learned on this site, it's that you can't expect instant success overnight.  Sure, there's other hubbers on here that can easily write like their first hub, and it automatically gets an editor's choice award, or gets titled "hub of the day", but you can't compare yourself to those people.

Instead, you should just focus on your own work, and just try not to compare yourself to anyone else.  That's what always helps me at least.  In a way, that kind of reminds me of what two hubbers said during my "Man of Steel" review, as a couple of them cited that my review should've been hub of the day. 

And to be honest, I was flattered by them mentioning that, but at the same time, I told them it's not something I generally expect to have happen.  Heck, I think the closest I ever had to getting "Hub of the day" was when both my "Dangers of Facebook" hubs got featured for awhile, but that's basically about it.  Sure, I'd love to have that honor someday on this site, but at the same time, that's not what's important to me.

As i told my readers during that review, the fact that they like what i write is more than enough for me, as that means way more than any award hubpages can ever offer me.  I guess what I'm trying to say here is that maybe you should focus less on comparing your success to everyone else on this site, and just focus on why you joined here to begin with.  If it's because your passionate about writing, then just focus on that instead.  Screw everyone else if you find yourself never getting hub of the day, or even an editor's choice award, as those don't mean anything.

Hell, there's a lot of great hall of fame basketball players that have never won a championship ring in their lives, but do you honestly think that's a measure of how good they are?  Heck no.  They're champions with or without rings.  It's like what John Candy said about winning a gold medal in "Cool Runnings":  "Winning a medal is a wonderful thing.  But if you're not enough without it, then you'll never be enough with it."  That's exactly how i see winning a editor's choice award, or even getting a hub of the day award.  Sure, it would be an honor to get something like that, but I don't need it to tell me how good of a writer i am. 

As far as people in forums go, I can't really say who's to blame there because I haven't followed any of your posts until now.  However, I will say this from personal experience.  Most hubbers on here have their own circle of friends they like to talk to on here, and they rarely ever talk to people they don't know unless you say something controversial that sparks a heated debate like you seem to have.  Or, if it's something like asking a technical issue you have a question on, or if it's having like a hub makeover type deal.  however, i was mostly referring to when hubbers interact with each other in a friendly manner.  anyways, im not taking sides or anything, but just stating an observation.

Granted, there might be one or two hubbers that'll go out of their way to talk to you if they don't know you, but again from personal experience, that's kind of rare. 

Also it seems like you might've taken a lot of the things that were said to you kind of personal.  I don't know what happened to you exactly, but whenever you say stuff like how you plan on getting revenge against most hubbers on hubpages...well that's not exactly going to bode well with  most people.  Most people on here generally don't like people that are very insensitive that make remarks like that. 

Maybe you should try taking a break from forums for a little while, as i can tell it's obviously stressing you out.  Just focus on your writing on this site for say a few months, and then come back to the forums.  It'll still be here when you come back, and who knows?  Maybe by that point everything will have calmed down enough, so you can sort of start over with most people on here.

1. Richawriter profile image86
        Richawriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Now that - my friend, is what is called talking sense.

Good on you.

I like how you didn't take sides nor did you do the usual 'back patting' that goes on around here.

Good advice!

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

thank you.  smile

5. HattieMattieMae profile image59
      HattieMattieMaeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Really nothing scares me anymore. People use fear against you, and confusion. Once you know it's all bullshit, and call people on their bluff, well their scared shitless because you don't react to them. You don't give a shit! and who cares!

1. profile image0

How come the last guy got asterisks and the rest got vowels?

2. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 10 years ago

"How does one who is hated create such lively forums."

Is that a rhetorical question?

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 10 years ago

Eric, I have a question, and I'm asking sincerely.  I am very confused by your posts as to what your actual issue is with HP.  You say that you are not concerned about traffic or money and that the vast majority of your hubs are featured.  If that is the case, what IS your actual concern?  That 100% of your hubs are not featured, that you aren't receiving some sort of personalized editorial assistance from any of the HP staff?  I have to be honest - from a purely objective POV, it appears at this point that you're really just either whining or doing whatever you can to get attention by consistently upbraiding HP's staff and writers and by trying to annoy others (maybe in a ''squeaky wheel gets the grease" kinda way). 

What is your actual issue, and after the myriad of forum posts that you've posted, have you perhaps considered emailing the HP staff to discuss it rather than making some sort of community recognized statement?

And I mean no offense here, but words like hated, revile, boycott, etc... don't seem just a bit melodramatic given the subject matter?  Claiming to be hated and reviled by members of an online community seems a bit of an overreaction to the circumstances.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My confusion exactly.   One moment he's saying HubPages is treating his writing with contempt, the next he's telling us most of his Hubs are Featured and doing well.   Doesn't make sense.

4. Richawriter profile image86
    Richawriterposted 10 years ago

Very well said!

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
    LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years ago

I think that I will stay on the fringes on this eloquent repartee between inimical partakers and just observe the ontogeny of the colloquium.........tongue

1. mgt28 profile image60
      mgt28posted 10 years agoin reply to this

One of the advantages of working online is that you can easily avoid personality clashes, the downside is that you miss human touch. I fail to see how an individual can sense being hated by a person whom he has no contact with.

2. profile image0

Nice verbiage...

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
        LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I tend to do this when I see nonsensical (conceived or made without regard for reason or reality ) posts which I feel need to be taken with "a grain of salt".............wink

6. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 10 years ago

Eric,from your name I'm guessing your of German heritage.If so,I believe I understand what the mix up is.I spent a few years during my travels living and learning in Frankfurt.I noticed that my German friends were very direct in there conversations.It seems to be part of the language and I found it very refreshing.
    That directness here in the states,where everyone is trying to be so freaking PC about everything,can be misinterpreted as caustic and inflammatory.I'm not saying you should change,in fact I applaud your direct,unpadded comments.Just keep in mind my friend that this is one web site among millions and the 'in crowd' who spend all their time in these forums are just people you will probably never meet.Have fun and post whatever you like...and to hell with opinions,elitism,and the high school mentality 'In crowd'.

7. Richawriter profile image86
    Richawriterposted 10 years ago

Eric, I've only just recently come back to this site to write and it was a refreshing return. Things looking good and the improvements made by Hubpages a sign of the excellent foresight of those in charge to keep this writing hub functioning long into the future.

I saw your caustic and childish forum post, the one where you insulted the editors, women and swore as well as attempting to clarify your 'right' to behave that way by saying you have a Doctorate and a Bachelors. Regardless of how I feel about that - it wasn't the behavior of someone who deserves to write at this site and I'm frankly disappointed you haven't been kicked off here for your continuing baiting of those who cherish and love this place.

You have a 'small' minority that seems to enjoy your attention-seeking, insecure, churlish and egotistical rants on it seems now - just about anything that takes your fancy.

You've gone from ranting about the editors (biting the hand that feeds you) to putting down people who achieve 'Hub of the Day' (Jealousy of course) to insulting Indians (racism), and now you have the utter disrespect without even considering an apology to these people you have denigrated, to post yet another attention-seeking post putting the majority of Hubpages members down.

Sure, people like a laugh and try to change the subject by posting random things on your forum posts (not forums) but I assure you, it isn't because you generate discussion, on the contrary, most of us just wish to stop seeing your inane spouting on here.

Then you post this. How smug you are. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Let me address each of your put downs up there.

"I am reviled ..." - No, it's hard to revile a person you know nothing of. It is you doing the reviling here, no one else and your reviling is based upon opinions and zero factual evidence.

"I bless them and invite them to stay away." Are you really so deluded to think that if all those you wish to stay away - do stay away - you would actually get ANY attention apart from the odd patronizing comment? (That was a question by the way - not an insult.)

"Writers here are often cowards." - Yet another opinion. Still, from your behavior, it's clear to see that it is in fact you who are the coward. You are unable to face the fact that your hubs are lacking substance, quality and are therefore suffering. If you were not a coward you would admit to yourself that it is in fact YOU who are to blame for your hubs poor performance and then proceed to do something about it. Then again, you must protect that fragile ego of yours eh.

"These people are the ones who hate change because they are insecure in themselves." - My oh my, that's hilarious! I'm sorry but it is once again YOU who hate change as illustrated by your recent posts and acidic remarks about hubpages Editors. It's changing here, the standards have increased. You change and adapt with them, as these so-called cowards and insecure writers have or you leave OR you rant and complain in the forums, a byproduct of which is lots and lots of attention for your insecure, validation-seeking self.

"Attack the base and you are vile." - I think we all know who has demonstrated vileness here.

"Attacking their writing platform is on the top of the list." 'OUR' platform is also your platform so in attacking OUR platform you are ridiculously attacking your own. Talk about taking a dump on your own doorstep.

Your posts become ever more ridiculous.

I have a funny feeling that you'll continue to make a fool of yourself here though until you are eventually ejected and not because you were reviled or looked down upon because you fought for change or whatever, but because you are attacking a system that is doing well for 99.9% of us, and creating havoc, insulting people left right and center with sexist, racist and childish remarks.

Yes, carry on regardless.

8. Cgenaea profile image62
    Cgenaeaposted 10 years ago

Hi Eric smile whatsoever do you mean people revile you??? You mean people don't "dig" your message??? Didn't you see that (not so) nice comment from the "Christian" a few rows up??? She's a marvelous example of Christ and Christian behavior.
    Don't you think??? wink
    Keep telling the truth.  You may even reach HER. wink
    HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
    They hated Jesus.

9. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Poking people with sticks causes all kinds of activity.  Activity is not necessarily a good thing.

10. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

OK no one else mentioned it.  IT is NOT Forums.  This is a THREAD.  The FORUM - Singular is where all the THREADS are created.

SO, you don't create interesting FORUMS.  You create THREADs.

Got it?

As for revile - bore would be a better choice of word.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not bored... really.

His posts are like a giant word puzzle. They only make sense if you anagram them.

I'm still trying to figure out who the hell the editors he speaks of are. There's only one so far as I know and she doesn't have anything to do with the issues he's complaining about.

So he's mad at someone, but has no idea who it is. He's mad at these non-specified people for something. From what I can make out, he's mad at them for not being as old as he is.

And Miley Cyrus... he's definitely mad at Miley Cyrus. In fact, I believe she's the only real person that he has mentioned.

And now he is reviled. Which is kinda neat. I personally wouldn't have thought that it was possible to be reviled in an environment where only about 15 people know you exist. Most of those people just post in the threads so they can flirt with you and Wil.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol.

On the plus side it might be time for another Miley pic...

Woot! I request a wrecking ball or a sledge hammer... oh and a tongue!

Ah well - the animated tongue is only available on Bubblews, but here's a thing.
            http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8540219_f248.jpg

Woot again!

11. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

To be fair, Miley really has exceeded the amount of tongue release allowed per musician. Even Kiss is rolling their eyes.

12. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 10 years ago

Eric ......Beth ......Melissa ALL of you such wonderful dudes .....Happy Turkey day !

1. profile image0

Happy thanksgiving to you Ed. smile

13. SAM ELDER profile image55
    SAM ELDERposted 10 years ago

LOL Mark... I didn't notice her red shoes before... XD

Lol Sam! An artist must study these things - I watched the video 37 times before I got the pic just right.

1. profile image0

I wish I didn't know that about you.

Beth... I was thinking of you at the time.

1. profile image0

There is nothing I can say that I wont get raked over the coals for... so instead I will just smile

1. Writer Fox profile image31
              Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't you have a pumpkin pie or something to bake tonight?

1. profile image0

My daughter and I just finished... two pumpkin cheesecake, two pecan. I didn't say anything wrong, why are upset?

1. Writer Fox profile image31
                  Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I no are upset.

1. profile image0

Ok. smile
                    Well if you wanted to get rid of me, Ive gotta go to work. Have a good one.

14. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 10 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving. Haven't found a reason to be down and out yet. I'm like the batting balloon you can keep on hitting and I bounce back each time. Hope you don't forget to do the Turkey Trot and have a really great time.

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Happy Thanksgiving, Gypsy!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)