Congress gave our government a blank check to finance terrorism

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (78 posts)
  1. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 10 years ago

By supporting Al-Nosra and the Islamic Emirate of Iraq, two branches of Al-Qaida? Why is it secret?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If it is secret, how do you know the statement is true?

maxoxam41posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is a secret for the nobody like you and I. It seems logic. Or to the example of Quilligrapher you want to nail me. If it is your goal don't bother, you will lose. If you are searching for the truth then go and inform yourself. But don't come here, and try to make me the fool that I am not. Many tried and burned their wings, like Icarus. Go to an independent source.

I take it that you made it all up and have no evidence.  It doesn't even seem very "logic". 

I would certainly hate to become an Icarus, so will leave you to your imagination.

1. profile image0
            mbuggiehposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a plan...wink

Best I could come up with.  I certainly don't want my wings melting; I still have to fly over the IRS and drop all I own there for last year's taxes.  Maybe they'll use it to fight terrorism?

1. profile image0

I hear you.

2. maxoxam41 profile image64

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. You are so funny #@$@%@%@$@$#@?

3. profile image57
                Education Answerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There you go again.  The Left will be talking about your lack of compassion and your lack of interest in paying your "fair share."

I am so sorry.  I promise I'll do better, but might mention that with just 5 years I expect to be bankrupt anyway, and on the "taking" end.  Which, seeing as I've supported people in a better lifestyle than I can afford for myself for most of my life, I shall not feel bad about.

Not too much argumentation from you. Are you limited suddenly. I understand not everybody disposes of knowledge.

Then Thierry Meyssan is a liar. And you (which credentials do you have?) are right.
            What is your logic, enlighten us? Show us how educated you are!

Who is Meyssan?  The one with the proof that was requested and denied?

But surely YOU have the proof as well - I'm sure you would never make such demeaning statements without solid proof.  Please provide same so we can all know.

*edit*  Oops - I see Quill has already debunked another of your baseless claims.  Again.  That's getting rather monotonous, isn't it?  Perhaps you should consider only making claims for which you have some solid proof.

Who is Meyssan? Certainly more rational than you are. Certainly more of a scholar than you'll ever dream. And I have to listen to your counter argumentation? Which is? Vacuity. Quil and you form a pair. You congratulate each other boosting your egos but critical thinkers see that you have nothing to offer to the platform.

Gotta love the answer - it has at least as much information as the OP that has been debunked.

Well done!

Or, on second thought, maybe not - I still haven't seen any proof.  I begin to fear you don't have any...roll

From someone that once confronted avoids the main subject! Please don't teach me anything you are not at my level. Quil and Mgubieh are here to flatter you, not me.

2. profile image0

Exactly.

2. Quilligrapher profile image73
          Quilligrapherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good evening, Max.

Following your advice, I have gone forth and informed myself. I have learned your OP statement is a lie.

“The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) is an Islamist insurgent group active in both Iraq and Syria that pledged allegiance to al Qaeda in 2004.” {1} In other words, they are mercenaries being paid by Sunni sympathizers to create havoc among the Shiite factions in Iraq and Syria.

There is no evidence that the US government supports this group. Typically, you are unable to prove your claims are true. I do not believe you can prove this claim either. http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg
          {1} http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014 … evant?lite

Meyssan lies to everybody but our government who affirmed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction is telling the truth.

2. profile image0

Great point wilderness...great point...wink

I don't see in what way this question is so profound. I find it unworthy. However did you research it or are you pouring oil on fire?

What fire?  The one you pretended to light in the OP?  It doesn't need oil, it needs some supporting facts, still missing after multiple requests.

What do you think of Desmund Tutu's opinion about Bush? And he is a Christian, shame on us! The pope, himself, condemned the financing and supporting of the Syrian rebels' massacres (any comments or are you still focusing on the "fire" I built?

Haven't found the fire yet, so having a hard time focusing on it.  All I find are words, unsupported words without fact or truth to back them.

And no, I don't much care what Tutu has to say about any of our politicians.  I don't like any of them, but don't care what others say, either.

You have the same difficulty to find the source. How convenient! It is interesting to see that Quilligarpher has the same problem! Is it a coincidence or does it reflect a panel of the American society?

Nope - no source.  Just maxoxam41, who consistently refuses to provide any supporting evidence for his opinions.

2. Quilligrapher profile image73

Hello again, Max.

Yes, I read where Mr. Tutu asked President Bush to demonstrate he had the moral character necessary to apologize for the US attack on Iraq.

How transparent to change the subject to Tutu and Bush!
                I, for one, am still focused the claim in the OP that the US financed terrorism. The followers of this tread have been asking for evidence. If you have no proof, and you know you have no proof, then we must all agree the OP statement is a lie; a lie with your name on it; a lie that you own.   

Show us the evidence if you have any. Otherwise, follow the message of Bishop Tutu: demonstrate the moral character necessary to admit the premise in the OP statement is untrue.
                http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

2. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why would this surprise you maxoxam? Governments have been giving terrorist organisations money for years if not forever.
      Even our own governments use terror tactics, they terrorise us into believing their actions are good for us.

I guess it's my eternal optimism. I don't want to believe it.

3. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Trying pin down any government intelligence operations is only revealed after it has occurred. The spooks are well versed and rehearsed in hiding their comings and goings. Just a look at the who' who of subversive actions carried out by our intelligence community shows that no one is immune.

Russia
      Syria 1949
      Iran 1953
      Guatemala 1954
      Tibet 1955–70s
      Indonesia 1958
      Cuba 1959
      Democratic Republic of the Congo 1960–65
      Iraq 1960–63
      Dominican Republic 1961
      South Vietnam 1963
      Brazil 1964
      Ghana 1966
      Chile 1970–73
      Argentina 1976
      Afghanistan 1979–89
      Turkey 1980
      Poland 1980–81
      Nicaragua 1981–90
      Cambodia 1980–95
      Angola 1980s
      Philippines 1986
      Iraq 1992–96
      Afghanistan 2001
      Venezuela 2002
      Iraq 2002–03
      Haiti 2004
      Gaza Strip 2006–present
      Somalia 2006–07
      Iran 2005–present
      Libya 2011
      Syria 2012–present

We have had a hand in, or direct effect on who ran the countries after our operations to undermine took place. So is it any wonder that we have gotten in bed with some of the scum that would harm us such as Al Qaeda and the like.

4. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The checks have been going to nefarious organizations for years. Look at Charlie Wilson and his war in Afghanistan for example. All done without a senate approval or hearing. Our government is a many headed monster that knows no boundaries that can't be compromised.

Our government, I agree, and us by extention since we are still paying taxes and we didn't express our disagreement as for their foreign and national policies.

2. wrenchBiscuit profile image69
    wrenchBiscuitposted 10 years ago

Regardless of whose doing what to whom,it's the tax dollars Americans are giving to these criminals (representatives) every year that keep funding this disaster.The money is not growing on trees,without taxpayer funding the wheels would come to a screeching halt.But for some reason, a majority of Americans just don't get it,or maybe they don't want to.It's amazing how much can be accomplished by giving the monkey a banana or by throwing the dog a bone.

Here are a few comments by Thierry Meyssan,founder and chairman of Voltaire Network and the Axis for Peace Conference:

"... Ankara not only actively supported terrorism in Syria, but did so as part of a NATO strategy"

"....Therefore, if we can allow that most of the leaders of the Atlantic Alliance were unaware of the support of their organization for international terrorism, we must also allow that NATO is mainly responsible for world terrorism."

http://www.voltairenet.org/article181676.html

Criminals?  Can you list names, crimes and statutes that have been violated?  Can you back it in a court of law?

Or is only a "crime" because you don't like what they do?

1. profile image0

I have not witnessed such anti-US, anti-government venom since 9/11 when---while literally watching the World Trade Center towers collapse and watching thousands of innocent people die,  I heard some of my "colleagues" say words to the effect of "we got what we deserved".

I was disgusted then and I am disgusted now.

I am disgusted that MY government blew up 3,000 of my compatriots. Who will be next? By the way Desmund Tutu advocated Bush to be trialed. Bush was condemned. You know that he can't travel wherever he wishes, don't you? Or am I fabulating too?

You are fabulating again, yes.

But who were your compatriots, now dead?  Al Quaeda?

No, Al Qaeda are yours not mine. You are financing them and you are proud of it. Saudi Arabia is our ally. Saudi Arabia is a dictatorship ruled by the same family forever now. Saudi Arabia is Muslim fundamentalist. I support Syria and Assad.

Check numbers please?  Or some other kind of proof - perhaps video of the suitcase of cash being delivered.  Something...anything but a simple claim with zero supporting evidence.

But that's what it's about, isn't it?  Stirring the marks with emotional statements but no facts.

2. wrenchBiscuit profile image69
            wrenchBiscuitposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know this.Just checked it out and you're right.Desmond Tutu condemns Bush and Blair. Excellant! It's refreshing to see a Christian who knows how to act like one.

Real news rules!

3. Quilligrapher profile image73

G’evening, Max. I hope you had a wonderful day.

I see where you wrote, “I am disgusted that MY government blew up 3,000 of my compatriots.”

I tend to be disgusted by the endless claims of injustice, all without a shred of evidence. In a civilized society, liable and slanderous accusations need to be accompanied by factual, verifiable evidence. Otherwise, they are ignored and discarded as fallacious or hearsay. There is no reason to believe the claims are true when the accuser can not provide any evidence.

When one poster repeatedly makes derogatory statements like this one and then refuses to submit factual, verifiable evidence, then there is no reason to believe anything printed by this poster is true.

I suspect this claim is just another in a long string of false and unreliable posts. Show us your undeniable proof that this claim is true, if you have any.

Thanks for listening, Max. I will catch up with you later.
            http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

Scientists and scholars proved it. Keep on reading the NYTimes and let critical thinkers be!
              "I am eager to hear from you..."
              All my claims are sustained.

And you do?
        I've noticed that for someone who is "educated" your level of rationalization is pretty low.

1. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

I can't touch that because I'll get in trouble!

Did they cry at Hubpages and you got banned? Welcome to the club! It shows who can face a challenge and who needs to cry to mom when confronted!

2. wilderness profile image96

Can you list names, crimes and statutes that have been violated?  Can you back it in a court of law?

3. profile image0

I would assume any educated person would have low levels of "rationalization" since a "rationalization" is excuse-making; a defense mechanism used to avoid a true explanation; engagement with the irrational.

What about to use reason? Or do you consciously obliterate it?

Hey, he is the source of the article which I based my thread upon. How did you get to know this website?

3. wrenchBiscuit profile image69
    wrenchBiscuitposted 10 years ago

wilderness,
    I am taking a short break from my work,and so I am sending this reply.
    You have asked for me to prove that the world is round.When I have only the word of another man;When I have only seen pictures and video taken by someone else; when I have read in a book that this is so.But I cannot prove it to you,because where would I begin? The words that I read could have been lies,and the pictures and the videos photoshopped or edited in After Effects, or Sony Vegas.

You ask for proof of crimes and the names of criminals.When I can only tell you what I have seen with my own eyes; when I can only confess that from 1974-1981, I was a member of the U.S. armed forces; that among other things,while at sea,the United States taxpayers paid me to throw garbage and refuse, everyday,into the Pacific Ocean.I would stand at the fantail and watch the black garbage bags floating as far as the eye could see, in the wake of the U.S.S. Proteus AS-19.(Submarine Tender)

How can I explain to you that every U.S. Navy ship since the beginning of the department, has, and still continues, to pollute the worlds oceans in this manner.There were a thousand men on our ship.But I suggest the words of a million would not satisfy you.

In spite of the fact that every state in the union has laws criminalizing the pollution of the environment,I am confident that you will not see this as a crime,nor the theft of Diego Garcia, or the killing that has continued unabated for 500 years,so I will not try to convince you.Nor will I try to prove the shame that I feel for participating in the destruction of the Earth; only for the sake of a dollar and an honorable discharge.

Today the ocean is a cesspool,but I have my piece of paper; proof that crime does pay; even crimes against humanity.But I am no hero for making this confession.I had my chance to say no, and to defy an evil authority; I could have been a hero,and done the honorable thing,but I was a coward,just like the other nine hundred and nintey nine.Osiyo!

1. profile image0

So you were a Seabee?

1. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

Data Processing Tech, First Class.If I had it to do over, I would have joined the Seabees .Working in a computer room doing ships inventory,keypunch,etc.,was tedious and boring.

And, this, "thinks"? No, is a teacher in history! Poor students.

1. profile image0

If you knew anything about the missions of the  U.S.S. Proteus AS-19, then you would understand my question regarding whether or not wrenchBiscuit was a Seabee.

I know who you are and who wrenchbiscuit is!

1. profile image0

So, who am I?

If I had to say it, you would denounce me to hubpages, like you probably did afore or your friends alike. But to be polite, your writings and opinions speak for themselves.

1. profile image0

Again, no answer to my question.

For me to answer the question has to be pertinent therefore challenging. Does it make sense or shall I translate?

2. wilderness profile image96

Rather than accuse others of crimes, complaining that they aren't rotting a jail somewhere, why don't you put the one person you KNOW is a criminal behind bars?  You know of exactly one person that committed the crime of polluting the ocean (assuming the "refuse" was not food for the fishes) - turn him in and see that he is punished.  At a minimum, force him to pay a large monetary fine for his crimes.

3. maxoxam41 profile image64

He is the perfect example why the mass voted twice for Bush! What bothers me is that, we, the minority has to suffer from the plebeian majority's choice.

1. profile image0

So now you are anti-common man too?

Do you fancy yourself among the elite or the aristocratic?

Which man of reason would answer such questions? Certainly not me! The elite dreams of killing us. They killed 3000 of us already.

1. profile image0

Who are the "elite"?

You see... If you are not aware of your surroundings, if you are not updated why would you confront me with arrogance? By trying to diminish me, you ridiculed yourself!

1. profile image0

Whatever. You clearly have no answer.

I'm not a toy. I won't play your game.

4. falconboy profile image59
    falconboyposted 10 years ago

May be you are wrong?

I am not.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)