RESOLVED: No notifications from HP since yesterday at 11:55 a.m.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image82
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

I noticed that I have not received one notification from HP since yesterday at 11:55 a.m.!  I am not receiving any notifications on hubs I have commented on or newly published hubs from hubbers I follow.  Is anyone else having this trouble?  I have typed my email address in again under my email setting, but still not one notification.  I have been having to go around the long way to check those I follow to see if they have published a hub, and they have published.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I was going to ask the same question. I tend to check my email right after work (around 3:30) and use the notification email to read the new hubs, check comments, etc. Today I was surprised to not have the notices in my email. I checked my email notification settings and they're all set to digest the new stuff. I think it might be a HP glitch.

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sheila,  it must be an HP glitch. I realized it when I commented on hubs and never received a notification of anyone commenting or commenting back on the hubs I commented on, but after checking, there were comments back. My friend just happened to mention about a new hub. I thought what new hub and then when I looked, there were no notifications of anyone publishing hubs, when I know of hubbers who publish daily.

2. joween18 profile image81
      joween18posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I was experiencing this too.. Glad to know that I am not alone.. smile

Thanks, joween, for the confirmation. I still have not received one notification. Must be a pretty huge glitch.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I was about to write to my email server to ask if there was a problem there. I thought it was strange that I had no emails for 2-3 days (I lost track). Then when I checked today they had appeared.

Hi Kevin ... Examiner-1,

Yes, mine have been missing since June 1st and then just started popping back in on June 3rd (last night) at 11:18 p.m., but not all the ones I missed who had published, just the ones who just published last night at that time.  I have noticed that those I know of who did published due to friendships, they must have unpublished and republished their hubs or either HP republished them again?  At least it seems it is working now.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We are still catching up from intermittent server issues that affected the responsiveness of the site.  This issue has sporadic effects on the feed as well as site notifications.
      We are currently working to resolve these issues and thank you for your continued patience.

1. profile image0
        sheilamyersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Matthew. I did get my notification today so mine is working now.

2. Faith Reaper profile image82

Thanks so much, Matthew, for letting us know of what this issues are here.

5. Ericdierker profile image46
      Ericdierkerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I still do not write here for money. But if they have these "glitches" in notifications are we all idiots to not think they have them in finance also, and I doubt the rigged it so failure would pay you more.
      I look at systemic problems for a living and HP has systemic problems, which means it is not isolated to late reporting and notifications. Same folks run finance.
      Just saying.

Hi Eric,

Interesting thoughts there you have shared.  Hmm ... does give one pause for sure.

Blessings always

6. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

While email notifications are currently still catching up, the site notification system is more up to date right now, so you may want to check it in the meantime. http://hubpages.com/my/activity/online-notifications

UPDATE: Looks like email notifications are pretty close to real time again as well.

Thank you so much, Matthew!

1. kenneth avery profile image80
          kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am with Faith. Thanks, Matthew. My comments from HP and notifications are coming in pretty good.

2. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Same here, no emails from HP all day. I got today's notifications by logging in. I think it might be connected to the other weirdness that's been going on since yesterday. There are a couple threads about hubfeed problems and other mysterious goings on.

Oh, really ... thanks Jan. There does seem to be some strange goings on. I had been going under my account under hubbers I follow to see who has published. Feel bad for those who published though.

Well, looks like the notifications are starting to come in. I received my first one since 11:55am yesterday at 11:18 pm tonight. So it has been approximately 36 hours! Glad it is fixed but it sure did take a long time.

3. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Great, Faith, now you can catch up.

Yes, Jan, time to catch up for sure : ) after 36 hours of no notifications since June 1st!

4. kenneth avery profile image80
    kenneth averyposted 9 years ago

Faith, I have one at 12:36 a.m., June 3, cdst. I just hope this is resolved for, and I am NOT boasting, I have busted my butt publishing hubs to make some extra money. And while I am here, Thanks for following me, Faith. YOU mean a lot to me. I mean it.

Hi Kenneth,

You sure do work hard at publishing a lot!  Glad you are now getting notifications.  I did not get any for approximately 36 hours!

June 3, 12:47 p.m., cdst,
        'Faith,
        I love to publish things that I know about to entertain YOU and my Valued-followers. I check my Yahoo mail this morning and I got a few more HP comments, etc. But I do know that I should have more than just three. Is this Matt of HP going to tell us when this problem is resolved.
        Have a Great Day.
        Love you, KENNETH

Hi Kenneth,

I know you love to publish, publish, publish ... not sure about the comments, but I know the problem I was having was not receiving email notifications of when hubbers I follow published a hub.  So, during that 36 hours, I do not know really who published other than one or two who I know publish at a certain time each day and then my friend who just happened to tell me she did.  Well, I take that back, I did not receive any notifications on hubs that I did comment on either, so I had to find my way back to see their comment back.  I just went under my account statistics to view any comments on my hubs.  It looks like it is working now, but do not know about all those who published during those 36 hours, how that will work out for them?  Blessings

2. kenneth avery profile image80

Dear Faith,
        I think that HP has fixed the problem, but Matt at HP has not notified me, but I have received a lot more comments, notifications than I have in the past two days.
        I hope your situation gets better, my good friend, FaithReaper.

Hi Kenneth, looks like they are working hard to fix the problem. I believe they are almost there.Hope you are back up and running too. Blessings

5. travmaj profile image74
    travmajposted 9 years ago

Thanks for this, I didn't receive any notiifications today either - thought it strange. Just a couple trickling in now.Hope it resolves quickly.

Hi travmaj,

Glad they are coming in now too.  Must have been some issue going on at HP?  Mine started not coming in the day before yesterday and all day yesterday until 11:18 p.m.?  It seems to be fixed now, thank goodness!

1. breakfastpop profile image65
        breakfastpopposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am still having a problem. This is so frustrating!

It is frustrating, breakfastpop!  I hope your notifications get fixed soon too.  Mine started back working at 11:18 p.m. last night and started back on June 1st!  I feel bad for those who published during those 36 hours.  Not sure if all of those will pop in now, but it looks like the ones I know of who did publish, those are saying just now published, so either the hubbers unpublished and republished or HP republished them so that everyone would get notice.

6. Dana Tate profile image81
    Dana Tateposted 9 years ago

Thank you for this reply Matthew Meyer, and thank you faith reaper for noticing it. I thought I was still seeing the same numbers and not only that some of my faithful followers had not viewed my new hub but this clears it all up for me

Hi Dana,

Yes, I felt bad for those hubbers who published during those 36 hours or so.  I just happened to know of one hubber who publishes at a certain time each day and when I did not see a hub from him at that particular time, I knew something was amiss.  And sure enough, he had published a hub.  One of my other hubber friends just happened to mention she published a hub, and I asked, what hub?  I went to her profile page and sure enough, there was a hub there.  Glad Matthew has told us of the issues and they are trying to fix them.

7. joween18 profile image81
    joween18posted 9 years ago

I think it's okay now.. I checked my email and got a bunch of emails from hubpages.. Well done admins..

I am so glad, joween.  I think they are back on schedule now.

I agree, Faith. Thank God, mine is picking up steam. Nice work, Matthew and engineers.
        Have a safe night, sweet Faith.

Hi Kenneth, so glad things are picking up for you. Thank you ...you too. Have a wonderful weekend ahead. Blessings

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)