What are you looking for, in Life? ( Please share your Honest views)

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)
  1. SharmaRoshan profile image60
    SharmaRoshanposted 9 years ago

We all are looking for something in life. Some are looking for material success, some wish to express their heart out, some are looking for love, some are searching for Wisdom, and some for God.

I am personally living every moment, and choose to grow with life, with every encounter with life.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9092882_f248.jpg

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
      Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

SharmaRoshan

When it really gets down to it, here in the west, we are looking for ways to survive. Once we find a way to earn a living, the job must be done and pretty much takes precedence. How much free will does one really have after that?  We have to sleep. We have to eat. We have to have a roof over our heads and keep everything under it orderly and clean. We have to take care of our loved ones and pets.

We have to pay taxes, multiple insurance fees, regulatory fees along with impossibly high rents or mortgages. Jobs are harder and harder to come by, (and I believe computer technology is partly to blame for that.) In attempting to gain these basics of life, is there enough time left for the higher aspects of life?

We are pretty much forced to stay active and busy. No one can sit around like a sloth or a pampered cat, unless they are sloths or pampered cats. Some of us do love to express ourselves creatively... I would categorize my self there. I am also looking for wisdom and God in between surviving and creating. Does it seem fair or right to have so little time for God?
      No. But, thats the way it is here, because the standard of living is so high!
      I am not complaining. Better an active life, than a slothful one.

2. Sed-me profile image78
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

I want my life to have mattered. I want God to be pleased with me in the end, though I know it will be b/c of Him if I do anything of great worth.

And you are one of the lucky ones who can maintain that focus throughout your day.  Many are working and grumpy by the time they come home. They have battled tiresome people and unfair bosses. They are too tired to do anything but rest. (Not arguing. just commenting.) Recovering from one work day is not easy. Then one must get up and do it again. It is a miracle that things go on as well as they do, in general.
      IMO

1. Sed-me profile image78
        Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No, no. I don't see myself as having achieved that goal yet. I read Katie Davis's book, Kisses From Katie, and all I could think was how my life did not measure up. It's not that I want to live her life, I just want to live my potential, and I do not feel I've come even close.

This is her story, it's amazing. smile
        https://www.google.com/shopping/product … =0CI0BELkk

Yes, I read it too. It is amazing. She did not get caught up in the concerns of the material necessities…or did she?  She was able to get support for her project and people helped her financially.
          I would say she is a warrior in the true sense. She doesn't give up even when things seem hopeless. (Warriors never give up even when it looks as thought the battle is lost. That is also a great attitude to try for. My battle is this: putting up with people I overreact to. How I wish I could see their good qualities more than their bad qualities. I am sure she has that problem too, since it is human nature…?)

I would think that would be an amazing start, Kathryn. Understanding... forgiveness... tenderness... these all seem to be paths to love. How could a life be spent any better than learning to love?

Beth, you make it sound easy. It's not. We must be warriors and be constantly vigilant against our inner wants, expectations and desires. I guess getting rid of ego is the quickest way .. but that ain't so easy.
              When one is working hard, struggling, facing many difficulties as men do on a daily basis and now women too…a tough nature develops and actually sometimes love must take the form of that toughness.. as in tough love. Tender love is good too… Which all mothers have especially if they can stay home with their babies to love and nurture them. But the tough love is a necessity as well. just adding to your thoughts.
              Thank you for them.

We all have our crap, don't we? What is easy for me, is hard for you. What is easy for you, is hard for me. We were all raised by different ppl, with generations of dysfunction and beauty as well. We have a lot to overcome and a lot of potential. I s'pose it is silly to measure ourselves against each other. If Christ is our only measuring stick, none of us will ever measure up, but in trying to be like Christ, we become perfect in God's eyes and His opinion is the one that counts, considering He is our Maker.

smile Yes.

2. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Stop selling yourself short.

Stop telling her what to do.

1. profile image0

Stop telling me what to do.

3. SharmaRoshan profile image60
    SharmaRoshanposted 9 years ago

Thank-you so much all, for sharing your beautiful comments.

When we come down to earth, we have a similar beginning, more or less, the nature works the same with everyone.

But still, few people make the most out of their lives, and few get lost with the distraction of lives.

Kathryn, I understand what you try to say. But I also believe that everyone have 24 hours in a day, & we need to check the time, we spent on the things that no longer serves the real purpose of life, and we replace them with the activities i.e. more uplifting one's.

I will share something from my personal experience. To get closer to God and to life, Reading books and meditation is one of the easiest and cheapest techniques, available for anyone.

We can devote sometime, from the day, as little as 30 minutes, for uplifting our self, and over the time, we can see the drastic change in our life.

As with our basic needs we cant afford to take a chance, then how can we take life and God so lightly.

We have to do something for it.

The one who seeks, always find a way for himself.LOL.

4. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

One goal will handle all goals.

If you correct egoistic desires to altruistic desires, then you achieve equivalence of form with the Creator. This is what is called being at one with God. Here, you have no self-concern and thus no limitations.

No longer do you need to be concerned with survival, because you are, as a spiritual self, eternal. Lack of survival is impossible.

No longer do you need to "wish" for love, because you become love.

No longer do you need to struggle for wisdom, because you become all-knowing, seeing the past, the present and the future, as well as all points in the physical and the spiritual realms. This includes all implication and possible results and the wisdom that is born from such knowledge.

You regain your birthright as a creator (child of God).

Authentic Kabbalah gives the path to achieve this blessed, loving state. Free training is available at http://kabbalah.info

I'm just starting on this path, but I feel as if I've been on it for many lifetimes.

1. profile image0

Myth #1: Kabbalah is a religion.
      Fact: Kabbalah is a science - the physics of the overall reality. It is a wisdom that reveals the comprehensive reality that is normally hidden from our senses.

LOL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)