2nd September 2014 is TRANSFER DAY - or is it?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (34 posts)
  1. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 9 years ago

So today's the day? Or is it?

Post here if you see your lenses in Squidoo moving over to become Hubs on HubPages - or anything changing on your account.

I think we're all VERY interested to know whether it's going to be one big transfer or it's coming over in tranches - according to when you pressed the big green button.

Are you excited?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Paul Deeds posted somewhere that they will be working account by account and bringing them over in tranches, and it will be spread over several days.

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 9 years ago

I don't have lenses coming over, but Oh yeah! Waiting for them

1. makingamark profile image70

I wonder how many are coming over - and who's got the biggest number?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Gonna be hard to tell

2. savateuse profile image66
      savateuseposted 9 years ago

Well... I'm excited and apprehensive, hoping for the best (successful transfer) and dreading the worst (weeks of editing, re-writing, etc)
      But no signs of movement yet

3. Sarah Switalski profile image70
      Sarah Switalskiposted 9 years ago

Anxiously waiting... smile

4. Sarah Switalski profile image70
      Sarah Switalskiposted 9 years ago

Tell Paul to Release The Lenses! wink

5. profile image0
      Donna Cookposted 9 years ago

I had hoped to wake up and magically find that everything had transferred. Waiting with baited breath, like everybody.

6. BritFlorida profile image71
      BritFloridaposted 9 years ago

I plan to remain chained to the computer all day. I'll leave for bathroom breaks and that's all. smile

I have 592 on Squidoo. Probably that will be reduced to about 550. I'm willing to be the guinea pig!

1. That Grrl profile image73
        That Grrlposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I really hope all goes well for those, like BritFlorida, who have a massive amount of lenses. I expect about 40 of mine will be moved over, those are the "best of" lenses which I didn't move elsewhere then delete. I've read that all the published lenses will be moved but, I also read that they won't. Today will tell, maybe. I'm on my old account, fixing Amazon capsules today. I'll check over on the other one now and then. Will be nice to have it done rather than hanging in limbo.

2. favored profile image62
        favoredposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So funny BritFlorida. We're willing to let you smile  Seriously, hope they all come through fine.

7. CuAllaidh profile image81
      CuAllaidhposted 9 years ago

Let my peop-- ummm I mean, lenses go wink

It's just starting today, I don't expect anything to happen too fast.

8. Shorebirdie profile image74
      Shorebirdieposted 9 years ago

I honestly think that it's going to take well over a month to get all those lenses moved over here.  They're going to start, first, with the people who opted in, but even those are going to take days to move over.  I wouldn't sit around waiting as I think most people won't even have a single lens moved over today or the next day or two.

1. Seasons Greetings profile image66
        Seasons Greetingsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It could all happen today. The computer will be doing the heavy lifting. It all depends on how well it was set up for the move. Once the set up is working ok moving the actual lenses should be quick. Unless there is an unexpected glitch, I expect it will all be done today.

9. lisavollrath profile image94
      lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

I'm still taking the "they'll be here when they get here" approach.I'll be glad when they finally arrive, but I'm not going to worry about when that might happen.

10. Greekgeek profile image77
      Greekgeekposted 9 years ago

Drat, I was going to scoop keyword data on my good lenses, but I've only scooped it up for a few of them.

...I am so lazy.

(actually working on getting a short story proofed before I send it to be printed, but also laaaaazy)

Remember that bookmarklet that lets you see the 90-day keyword traffic which was unaccountably hidden from view on Squidoo stats about 3 years ago? The data is still THERE. It's just that the dashboard doesn't give it to you unless you beat it with a stick.

"Not Provided" is being a big old party pooper, of course, but on popular pages, there's still enough queries to help give a sense of what the audience came to the page looking for.

I am oddly mellow about this whole transfer process. It'll happen today. Or tomorrow. Or sometime this week. And then it's time to start puttering.

1. Valerie P Davis profile image74
        Valerie P Davisposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I was really grateful for that bookmarklet! I pulled it out and saved all my lens stats last week. It's a very big help.

11. cfin profile image66
      cfinposted 9 years ago

I'm very excited for you all smile Hubpages has become a part of my life in the last 2 years and although the earnings can bounce, it's been fun!! WELCOME!!

12. makingamark profile image70

You can still get in and pick up your sales data and keywords

I have another much bigger major distraction going on today which serves to make me forget about the transfer - getting my artwork finished, scanned, framed and labelled for an exhibition I'm in which opens this week. The Squidoo transfer announcement was so well times - NOT!

I am officially breathing a sigh of relief as I think I've finished my last drawing and have only got to scan it, get it into a frame and then browntape the backs of my frames and then do the labels and then I'm finished!  Roll on getting the artwork to the gallery for the exhibition tomorrow!

1. mathom profile image77
        mathomposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hang in there!

Wow, I hadn't realized I'd cleared out 131 lenses. So I'm down to a slim and fit 259. That will make things simpler. (Since Squidoo kept pushing us towards sales sales sales, I pivoted a niche account towards collectible action figures and cosplayer resources. Those pages made a merry killing on eBay, but I don't think they fit HP's core style very well.)

[ETA: WHOOPS OH HI WRONG ACCOUNT. -- GG]

13. junecampbell profile image72
      junecampbellposted 9 years ago

I had168 lenses. Some mysteriously disappeared a week or so ago. There are 135 remaining that I assume will be transferred. It's exciting.

14. tazzytamar profile image82
      tazzytamarposted 9 years ago

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to all of the staff and members at HubPages who have been so supportive with former Squidoo users coming over to your website. The community here is wonderful! Still haven't had any of my lenses transfer but I'm pretty sure it will be a long process. I definitely have a lot of tidying up and deleting to do when they get here though... Some of my lenses were rushed or less than what they could be and I want to start being stricter with myself!

15. makingamark profile image70

...and we have a new Forum for the Sqiodoo Transition - all looks very positive to me

This is the place to post problems for those who are moving today - and on the days to come (I was right - it's going to be a slow process!)

http://hubpages.com/forum/category/7444

[Update: URL has been changed]

1. Writer Fox profile image31
        Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's the wrong link.  This is the correct one:
        http://hubpages.com/forum/category/7444

16. savateuse profile image66
      savateuseposted 9 years ago

I'm pleased to say that my 123 lens have transformed into hubs overnight. One is showing a 'broken' links icon, but nothing else obvious at this time. Phew... smile

1. favored profile image62

Are they showing as you updated them on Squidoo? Just looked and they have other dates, not today.

1. savateuse profile image66
          savateuseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The account dashboard shows the dates that I last updated them. I'm getting some feedback from ex-squids that some hubs are missing quizzes or videos, but on the whole everything is looking ok.

1. favored profile image62

I see. So the date we updated them on Squidoo is showing here.  OK. Thanks for the other info as well.  Hope these areas get fixed so our modules are in tact.

2. CuAllaidh profile image81
        CuAllaidhposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am jealous, still waiting for my import big_smile but not really fretting, I know it will come when it comes big_smile

17. Shorebirdie profile image74

Mine lenses were imported!  But, I haven't looked at them, yet.  I will do so very soon.

18. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 9 years ago

There's a lot to fix when stuff comes over. 

Make sure you have that list of lenses from most-popular on down.  You'll want to edit in that order.

19. Shorebirdie profile image74

Most of mine have violations for too many affiliate links.  On one lens, I deleted all affiliate links and only have one Amazon link.  But, I have multiple Youtube videos.  It still says it has affiliate link violations.  Could the Youtube videos be doing that?  I have no other links except for the one Amazon product.

20. Shorebirdie profile image74

Nevermind, I think it's OK now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)