New influx of hubs (formerly lenses) is inspiring

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image95
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 9 years ago

I don't know about anyone else here on HubPages, but all of the these new hubs being moved over from Squidoo are inspiring me to write more hubs.  Not sure why, but they are.  Maybe I'm just a wee bit competitive and there are some really good hubs moving over.

1. PegCole17 profile image92
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is really inspiring to see so many new articles and faces here. I'm seeing improved traffic and more red arrows than in a long while.
      Peg

1. Coffee-Break profile image83
        Coffee-Breakposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Interesting to see that even content that was there before the move have increased traffic.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My traffic is going up and at the same time I am inspired to do a little better. Some of those in my niche are better than mine - more photos and more work put into them. I will be working on improvements.

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image95
        Glimmer Twin Fanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Agreed Barbara Kay - There are some really nice looking hubs coming in.  I was never on Squidoo so I'm not familiar with any of the work coming over.

3. Lionrhod profile image79
      Lionrhodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

After some of the flack we ex-Squids have been getting on one of the other threads, this thread gave me the warm fuzzies.

I'm very hopeful that the move will be a good and prosperous one for all of us, both new Hubbers and old.

Looking forward to getting cozy in my new home and to meeting all you great folks.

1. profile image0
        robertzimmerman2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ditto, we are all on the same team now!

2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 9 years ago

My largest account of transferred lenses is already drawing nearly as much traffic as the account I've had here for the last eight years, and I'm nowhere near done editing and adjusting.

It should make for an interesting fall, comparing the two.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's because they are still positioned on search engine results pages by their rankings when they were on the Squidoo site.  Because the 301 redirects are in place, the views are coming to your account on HP.  Give it another 30 - 45 days to see how the transfer has affected your traffic by moving your articles to HP.

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It really is nice to see some new faces here.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am seeing some Squidoo lenses in my searches that I haven't seen before. When I click on them, they go to Hubpages. I think it might be helping everyone. It is to early to tell.

2. Greekgeek profile image77
      Greekgeekposted 9 years agoin reply to this

For what it's worth, my Greekgeek account's average daily traffic since the transfer is 164% of what it was the last full week on Squidoo.

So apparently there's some subdomain advantage associated with the swap. Which is impressive, since they came over with a ton of missing images.

My one worry is that we won't be able to tidy everything up fast enough. On the other hand, if Google sees lots of updating/improving of content, I think it will take note.

I have to admit, once we've had a chance to fix the layout issues and broken bits, I want to take old Hubbers by the hand and say, "See? There was junk on Squidoo, but many of us spent the past seven years doing a few things right, over there!"

1. ecogranny profile image84
        ecogrannyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So true, GreekGeek. Thank you for being one of the voices.

2. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to see this too.  Think of how much killer Halloween content just moved here.

3. Ilonagarden profile image90
        Ilonagardenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I love your attitude smile

3. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

On the flip side of this, let me say that my lenses transferred over last night, and I just finished editing one of my longest, most complicated, and most popular recipes. It looks BRILLIANT as a hub! I was worried that this transition would be painful, but seeing that content in its shiny new home makes me SO happy!

Now, I'm hovering, to see if its score rises from the lowly 50 all the transferred hubs have been assigned...

4. makingamark profile image71
    makingamarkposted 9 years ago

What was very odd was that traffic had started to go up at squidoo and both traffic and sales were very good in the last couple of months on Squidoo - including before the announcement about the transfer.

However all my traffic has gone up since moving to HubPages.

It was a very pleasant surprise.

I'd say it's pretty much as GG suggest about 50-60% up on what I was getting at Squidoo.

Given some of us have always generated a LOT of external traffic I should imagine that there will be a lot of other hubbers who will also get the benefit of all that extra traffic having a look around at hubs on a similar topic. It'll be interesting to hear whether everybody's traffic is moving up - from the site as a whole to individual hubbers.

I feel a Quantcast moment coming on......... wink

1. TTGReviews profile image66
      TTGReviewsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'd be curious to know how your traffic is looking now. Now that my articles were deindexed from Google under Squidoo I am showing a substantial traffic drop. This might be temporary or simply a result of Google not wanting to show what now could be considered duplicate content on this site. Time will tell.

5. Kylyssa profile image90
    Kylyssaposted 9 years ago

I know this thread is getting old but I'm just finding my way around in the forum and I was delighted to find this post.

It's so nice to see so many Hubbers who don't think everything associated with Squidoo is trash and lame ad-copy.  Old lensmasters are honestly getting a better welcome than we had in Squidoo's official forums.  There's almost no one here jumping on us to say we ruined the website without even looking at our content.

I hope experienced Hubbers will continue to bear with us as we slowly get our lenshubs repaired from the transfer.

Thank you for this kind thread!

6. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image95
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 9 years ago

It really has been fun seeing some of the articles moving over here.

7. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image76
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 9 years ago

Some of my articles have been moved here from Squidoo.  Unfortunately they are under a different name.  I'll have to find out how to consolidate them under one name.  I am thrilled that they have been moved here.

1. Lionrhod profile image79
      Lionrhodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sadly, I don't believe you can merge accounts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)