So, I Think I'm About to Lose My Google AdSense Status

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Neal Litherland profile image60
    Neal Litherlandposted 9 years ago

My AdSense account has been disabled and I'm currently in the process of appealing. I was under the impression that I could still earn on HubPages even without AdSense capability... it seems that I'm mistaken in this.

So in the event that my appeal is not accepted and that I am banned from using Google AdSense, will it be possible for me to continue using the HubPages earning program at all?

1. Maina Ndungu profile image92
      Maina Ndunguposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Neal,
      This is just a suggestion and I'm not sure whether it works. But I've seen guys with 2 Adsense accounts. Why don't you try opening another Google account and use your HP content to apply for Adsense? Hope it works.

2. aerospacefan profile image82
      aerospacefanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I just visited your hubs and the ads seem to be running. Did they give you adsense back?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ads run on hubs whether the hubber has an active adsense account or not (unless Hubpages chooses to manually disable them for that page).

1. aerospacefan profile image82
          aerospacefanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow I did not know that. So if the hubber does not have an adsense account, the revenue all goes to HP. Makes sense - just never knew that. Thanks for the share!

3. Nate On A Plate profile image62
      Nate On A Plateposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Neal. I sent you an email via your HP profile, with information on where you can put your articles and still earn money. Also included information on other ad programs you can use on your blogs.

4. profile image57
      tmtjalaiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

5. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

Only from your personal amazon affiliates account and any other affiliated links you manually add.

Neal Litherlandposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The issue I find myself facing is that I have no interest in affiliate marketing; I'm a terrible salesperson. My content is primarily about gaming and history.

From what I'm hearing though it's going to be my only option, period, in the event my appeal is denied. That about right?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image93
          Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Neal,

Unfortunately, as psycheskinner mentioned, the only way to earn on HubPages without AdSense is through your own Amazon Affiliate account.

However, making Amazon sales on Hubs may not be as difficult as you think. In fact, it's actually better if you don't write like a pushy sales person. Just write about the games you love and include one or two Amazon capsules per Hub with games or gaming accessories that are directly related to the Hub's content (for example, if you were to write a beginner's guide to Destiny, it would be appropriate and convenient to include a capsule that lets readers buy the game from your article). Best of luck!

6. Neal Litherland profile image60

I'll take what I can get Christy... but sadly I don't see this working out in my favor.

It's just intensely frustrating as a writer that there doesn't seem to be a simple, easy alternative to AdSense. Not since Yahoo! Voices died, and it's that very death that brought me to HubPages in the first place.

7. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

Personally, without Adsense I would suggest running a free blog and non-Adsense advertising like ProjectWonderful or Lijit. That is what I do for my material that is outside Adsense content rules.

I currently run 3 blogs, and have been using AdSense on them. I'm looking at Chitika, but I'm a complete Luddite and my eyes glaze over as soon as someone starts talking about code. So finding something that doesn't look awful, and which provides the flexibility of Google along with its responsiveness is an issue.

The issues are, of course, that blogs tend to be very focused on an issue. Most of my hubs are all over the place, and none of them fit with the blogs I currently run (except my tabletop articles, and I was putting those here to try and build better backlinks). Anyway, I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket but it seems I have anyway without realizing it.

Does anyone know of a site similar to HubPages that both functions and doesn't require an Adsense account? Every time I hear about one it seems that the doors have been shuddered and the location is abandoned.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

A simple solution for your blogs, depending on where they're hosted, is to use Skimlinks or Viglinks.   Yes, you need to install a code on your blog to get it to work, but after that you just use plain hyperlinks and can forget about affiliate codes altogether. 

That's the way things are going, I'm afraid.   The revenue-sharing business model is all but dead.  I was surprised to see that HubPages is doing well enough to make the investment in Squidoo, because every other rev-sharing site is dying.  New ones are popping up, but they are all one-man-bands, founded by former members of Squidoo, Helium, Yahoo Voices, Suite101 etc, with no financial backing, so I have little confidence in their future.

Personally I would not bother writing on HubPages if I didn't have an Adsense account.   It takes skill to make Amazon sales - for most of us, Amazon and eBay sales are the icing on the cake and a fraction of what we earn from the HP program.

I took a look at your Hubs and some of them are quite short.  Have you thought about using Bubblews for short, off-the-top-of-your-head posts?

Since I've never heard of it, no I hadn't. Could you enlighten me as to what it is and how it works? And have you had any experience with it?

Bubblews is not a writers' site, it's more like Facebook with payment.  You connect with people, write short blog-like posts, and get paid when other members view, like or comment on those posts. 

It's not like a rev-sharing site in that there's very little passive income.  You write a post, then spend some time liking and commenting on other people's new posts, so they will be motivated to come and like/comment on yours.  So each post earns a few dollars when it's new, but soon falls off the radar and earns very little thereafter.  Because of that, it's not a place to post serious material - you'd be better off trying to sell that on Constant-Content.com - but it's good when you feel the urge to dash off a couple of paragraphs about something that's not suitable for your blogs.

There is a horrendous amount of dross on the site but you can ignore it altogether by connecting with other writers through your connections, and then looking only at the posts in your "Following" tab or at your Notifications.  I'm marisawright there - if you feel like giving it a try, look for me then look at who I'm following - they are mainly refugees from Helium, Yahoo Voices etc so you may even find some old friend there!

8. TNTbefree profile image82
      TNTbefreeposted 9 years ago

Many people Create an LLC to get around the ban.  Some tips I found at Blackhatworld...

From BlackHatWorld:

Removed Google Analytics from all sites (I believe they track this to a degree).
      Removed websites from Google Webmaster Tools (just in case).
      Make sure all outgoing links on banned domains do not point to new domains (I believe they track this to a degree).
      New or slight variation in name. (required)
      New address. (required)
      Created an LLC business for a new EIN. (required)
      New domain. (required)
      New email. (required)
      New business bank account. (required)
      New IP (cycled modem before applying).

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-s … anned.html

None of that will work unless you can also supply a different snail mail address.

1. firstday profile image61
          firstdayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Get post office box for snail mail.

9. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

There are many forum threads and hubs about Bubblews that I'd look at before joining if I were you. Most of them don't cast a very positive light on Bubblews.

I wouldn't be suggesting it if the OP had access to an Adsense account.    Opportunities to earn from posts on random subjects is very limited anywhere else.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
          Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I quite understand, but since we know that a lot of people have been disappointed, I think it's only fair to point it out.

And by taking a look at some of the many Bubblews threads on HubPages, perhaps Neal would come across some of the excellent advice you have given on how to use Bubblews effectively without investing too much time.

10. Barack James profile image94
      Barack Jamesposted 9 years ago

Maina;
      That is not true according to Google Adsense's terms of use; once banned from Adsense, one cannot open a new account. https://support.google.com/adsense/answ … 3?hl=en#q3

11. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Barack:  Adsense shut me down a couple of years ago.  I fought it and they gave another Adsense account to me.  I will not use Adsense on my blogs or websites

12. Neal Litherland profile image60

Just to update folks who've been following, I have officially been disbarred as of today. So now I'm packing my bag and thumbing the Internet highway to see if I can find a new port of call. Wish me luck, I guess.

Very sorry to hear it, Neal. Of course, I wish you luck.

Well, I've hooked up with InfoLinks for my blogs... but as for the mountain of content I was planning to put up on HubPages (and have already wasted a month and a half doing so) it looks like I'm backpacking it over to the thing that Suite 101 has turned into.

Check me out over at my blog The Literary Mercenary if you want to take a gander at what InfoLinks looks like, as opposed to Google. Lower payout threshold, but we'll see how it handles.

I will take a look. I'd be very interested to know how you get on at what used to be Suite 101, so do keep your account here open in order that you can let us know.

Maybe it would be worth experimenting with Amazon here on HubPages if you can keep a few hubs up.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

Any particular reason why you've picked Suite101?  I find it hard to believe that any site which hides its content behind a login screen is going to have huge success.

Actually I just found out that Infobarrel is no longer using Google Adsense, but rather their own payment plan. So I think I'll try them first. I shall update folks regarding how well it does.

13. LindaSmith1 profile image60

It is not suite.io dot com

14. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I meant now it is suite.io.com

15. misterhollywood profile image91
      misterhollywoodposted 9 years ago

I did not know this either!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)