Has anyone tried tsu?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (47 posts)
  1. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

Why join that? It doesn't even say what it is.

2. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

I'm not big on joining sites that force you to make an account before viewing any content.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
      LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this
      1. lisavollrath profile image93
        lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No, I mean content on the site. When I click the link in the original post, I get a screen telling me I have to sign up before I view her content. Where's the fun in that?

1. cameciob profile image80
          cameciobposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I didn't post any content yet. I came from a google plus link. I know many hubbers he have been on many social media sites before I did and many have great experience. Usually I see a link here in the forum for almost any new enterprise but not this time. So I asked.

1. lisavollrath profile image93
            lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Even worse, because it doesn't let me see that you have nothing posted. I just get a nag screen saying I have to sign up.

I'm sorry about that. You don't need to sign up. I will eventually figure it out. Or not. Thanks for the reply.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
    LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years ago

BTW I just joined and it seems very simple plus the fact that they share revenue makes it that more appealing.

4. psycheskinner profile image82

So it's 40% pyramid scheme? I don't think giving the recruiter as much as the creator is sound, and I am sure it will lead to a lot of recruitment spamming

5. psycheskinner profile image82

In fact as OP makes money off her link... Is that really what this whole thread is about ?

From what I read you make money when you post and people look at it /liked it /share it plus like as in HubPages, you make money when others sign up through you!!!

Thank you. I came to this site through a google plus link so I didn't know many things. I read some stuff online but I am skeptic about their scheme. That's why I thought maybe some hubbers have registered already.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You make a full 40% of their earnings, which will lead to a lot of people puffing up the site just to make money off their referrals. That is helpful to know so I can avoid all the people touting a site that currently offers nothing and probably never will.

6. richardme profile image73
    richardmeposted 9 years ago

I might just give a try

7. bettyshares profile image59
    bettysharesposted 9 years ago

The site looks interesting, I like that we can add articles which is cool.

8. Arachnea profile image65
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

I checked it out and find it a little disconcerting that they don't come right out and identify what the site is for, the focus, what purpose the site serves. There's not an "about" option to click on either.

9. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Great example of how idiots will sign up for an obvious pyramid scheme, and then go on an internet rampage looking for more idiots.

Wow.  That's really bad.

1. vineliner57 profile image90
      vineliner57posted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is coming from someone who got banned from Pinterest. Where do you get off calling people idiots?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I will rephrase.  This is the shabbiest referral con trick being perpetuated on desperate people.

How does that suit you?

Yeah, desperate idiots sounds a lot better.

2. cameciob profile image80

Mark, Mark...
          I am so disappointed on your posts...
          You cannot call people names. You don't even know those people you call them names.
          I have been on Hubpages for many years. you used to be a nice person.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
            Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am sick of people shoving referrals down my throat. 

I checked the site and some other places.

It is internet spam of the worst kind.

In my opinion of course.

10. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Sounds like Bubblews 2.0.

11. CassandraCae profile image84
    CassandraCaeposted 9 years ago

sounds WAY better than bubblews, they actually have a model, they have been around for 6 years and they are only just announcing their company public now.  bubblews is just a farce of scientists that decided to try an experiment...one that seems to be now coming to an end

12. CassandraCae profile image84
    CassandraCaeposted 9 years ago

sounds WAY better than bubblews, they actually have a model, they have been around for 6 years and they are only just announcing their company public now.  bubblews is just a farce of scientists that decided to try an experiment...one that seems to be now coming to an end

13. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years ago

I found the FAQ; says payment is redeemable at $100 or more earnings, but an example includes in red letters "$230 maximum." Payment is by check or "stored-value card" (Is that a pre-paid debit or a card good only on their site?).  Also mentions peer-to-peer payment - maybe members sell products?

http://www DOT tsu.co/faq

Can't find a street address/owners names yet. Registered with Godaddy | DomainsByProxy.

a.The company was founded in 2013 by tech entrepreneurs Sebastian Sobczak, Drew Ginsburg, Thibault Boullenger, and Jonathan Lewin. Offices in New York,NY

b.The social network has had a cash injection of $7 million from Sancus Capital Prive and other investors before launch

c.Other launch partners include LeAnn Rimes, 50 Cent, and DJ Afrojack on the musical side; athletes like Miami Heat's Luol Deng, U.S. track and field Olympian Doc Patton; and organizations such as Environmental Media Association and hospitality and entertainment company SBE Entertainment

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11927520.jpg

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's good information to have; thanks. Additional data I find at https://angel DOT co/tsu/activity

2. cameciob profile image80

I think that's all great info and thank you. As far as I ventured on the site it looks like people are spamming left and right to get posts liked and shared so they can get views and money. So far I didn't come across anyone that looks that they made any serious income.
        There are others there that are trying to warn against spamming.
        Maybe the company hopes to make it sustainable through advertising. The more people the better for attracting advertising budgets. But they have to have a big audience for that. That's why they got money, to start the ball rolling.
        I am skeptic for any such enterprise and when I went there I hopped for a good social site where people interact with each other instead of shouting their own "things". Because even among friends no one listens anymore. It is such a chaos.
        Now, I am there and it looks like a cross between facebook, twitter and G+. Their ....child....
        Of course, like many others, I have things to shout myself but I do not want to do it just anyway anywhere. I need the right audience or is a waist of my time. I thought there may be some hubbers there as hubbers have been everywhere isn't it?
        I couldn't just asked because no one can look around just like that. Post my link so if someone wanted to look around there someone had the link or invitation, as they call it.
        It looks like people thought I was spamming them, or the forum.
        However, thank you once more for the Info. And I am sorry for such a long post...

1. Dale Hyde profile image79
          Dale Hydeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am glad to have ran across you post here as I did pop in and sign up.  I have a decent profile up and some posts and photos up and one video.  I am attracting some views.

About the spamming, I have one photo up about NO SPAMMING, the I personally posted that if anyone spammed my feed that I would unfollow them. 

As with any relatively new site, by that they are new to the public offering of recent days, spammers will have to be weeded out.  You do have the ability to report the spam and I have done that quite a few times already.

I am not there to get rich, or to really make coins.  I am always networking all over the internet to make spiritual connections and share interests.

My main reason for signing up is I am getting tired of the censorship that goes on at FB, YouTube and the like.

As for making any money there, you will probably make more money recycling aluminum cans you find along side the road.

1. Dale Hyde profile image79
              Dale Hydeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is time to find an alternate because about every third status or post I put on Facebook, no one sees it as it is suppressed unless I pay Facebook money.  Sad, but true.

14. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

Here's an explanation on Wikipedia of what a 'stored-value card' is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stored-value_card

15. Dale Hyde profile image79
    Dale Hydeposted 9 years ago

I am there as DaleH.  To me it is a place to link my blog, which I make money off of, to my YouTube channel, which I make money off of, as well as to my Facebook page that many folks follow. smile

Plus it is social connection.

Any site can and will be abused.  It is up to the user to control content they post and content they view on such sites.

Overall I see no problem and don't plan on promoting too much.  I am going to lay back and see how things develop before I make any calls or judgements.

I did that on the "B" site and made one dollar under one thousand dollars there when I was active.  Yes, $999.00 was my earnings. smile  Weird how they stopped on that number, however that could change should I pop in and "socialize".

16. psycheskinner profile image82

I am disappointed that Hubpages does not consider posting referral links to be spam.  IMHO, it is.

And if someone states that they think an action is foolish or spammy that is not the same as calling an individual person a bad name.

Mark and psyche skinner
      It is ok to have opinions. It is not ok to be violent about your opinions. If you do not like the site, as you have said it plenty, I made note of it. I asked for opinions. I got them. Thank you. You do not need to tell me again and again the same thing.

Continuing to engage in the conversation is "violent"?  I think it is just matching your points with my counterpoints rather than shutting up like a "good girl".

I am persistent to a fault, but also a pacifist.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think there are any moderators about today. I reported a hub promoting criminal activity early this morning, but it's still up.

It seems you are right as the post is gone now.

17. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

A little bit more to explain my view on this.

I have recently cut down drastically on my Bubblews game because I can't tell which views are real and which are not.  That troubles me. 

TSU is a step further. It is a referral based social network where you profit from the people 'under' you.  Your sign-ups.  The whole payment system is based on those referrals.

There is no way to sign up without one.  That is why every thread on the internet about this company contains endless people saying "Here's my sign-up".

That is the exact opposite of what social networking should be about.  Real people making  real connections.

This company and the way people are already spamming the internet with their sign-up details are a fake network.  To be honest it disgusts me.  More spam so people can make a few cents.

I am sorry if I come across as rude.  I really am disappointed and despairing at how grasping people are and how they contribute towards the spamming, dumbing-down and ruining of the internet.

End of speech.

that's just great.

18. psycheskinner profile image82

You'd think so wouldn't you.  But the mods are permitting it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No they're not.  I reported a referral link recently and the whole post got removed.   The thing is, moderators do not monitor the community threads but instead rely on people reporting - and even then, they may not react instantly.

19. Hendrika profile image68
    Hendrikaposted 9 years ago

I am always very wary of anything were the money making seems too easy. I do not want a squidoo like experience again. I know this is not the same, but still? At some stage the spamming will bring it down. So, I think I will steer clear

20. Dale Hyde profile image79
    Dale Hydeposted 9 years ago

So this thread has been turned into a complaint about someone posting a link?  Okay, violates the rules.....

Link is gone......

Why are we not discussing Tsu?  The link was not the topic of discussion.

21. Arachnea profile image65
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

So, I checked it out. I love it for another avenue to drive traffic to my social media pages. If I make money that's a plus over Twitter and Facebook. But, yes, I'm keeping the FaceBook and twitter accounts as well. I use this to link my Tumblr account so it's in the loop of pages I post content to.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)