I think I've done something wrong.

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Sed-me profile image80
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

I finally attached my adsense and all that a day or so ago. (I still have the acct. I used on my last acct. so I'm not waiting for it to be approved.) I may be jumping the gun, but I thought I would have earned a penny or two by now. I wonder if I've done something wrong.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You can see the total views for the last 24 hours for all of your Hubs here.
      http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/stats

I looked at your account and see nothing abnormal.
      Here is some more information on how impressions work.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#impressions

If you have any further questions about your account, I suggest emailing us at team at hubpages dot com

Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ok well as long as you see nothing abnormal, I'm sure it is fine. Thank you for your help.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
          paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are you straight AdSense, or did you also join the HubPages Earnings Program?

Ad Program        Active    Ad Program Reports
                eBay Program        Active    eBay Program Reports
            get started    Amazon Program        Not Active    
            External Affiliate Settings
                Program    Affiliate Code    Status    Reports
            configure    Google AdSense        Active    Google AdSense Reports
            Reporting Settings
            configure    Google Analytics     Active    Google Analytics Reports

I copied and pasted, but I took out the #s. Im not sure what everyone can see or if anyone's supposed to see the numbers affiliated with those accts. Can you tell anything from this?

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you have a paypal,ignore adsense, i have both and i find hub earnibg on paypal is better than adsense,

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

You have the HP earnings program and the adsense.   It looks like you don't have neither HP Amazon program or your own Amazon Affiliate program.  HP and Amazon associates is a 60/40 split.  HP Amazon program pays higher commission, but all you see on report is sale from your 60 percent.  Amazon associates program provides reports for sales, as well as products view, but on average commission is 4 percent.     Hp program can be as high as 8.5 percent.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61

If you want the HP Amazon program, just click on configure button and follow instructions. Hub pages puts your code in there for you.   If you use your own Amazon associates account, you enter your own code.

I figured I wouldn't need Amazon until I had something to sell, and at this moment, I don't. It's ok if I put it off til I do, right?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It won't hurt to activate it now, even if you use it. 

It would be a shame if you forgot you hadn't activated it, and started using Amazon capsules.

I did something wrong with the google adsense thing. I gotta figure it out. It has to do with closing the separate acct. and it being idle. I ended up applying again, which I didn't really mean to do, so I'm stuck. I muck it out.

4. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

"Ad Program Active " is the biggie. That's the one that's generally impression-based, as opposed to AdSense which is mostly clicked-based. All appears well.

I was worried you had only activated the AdSense, and thus the no income from impressions. But such is not the case. I guess you just got to give it some time.

I certainly didn't know what I was doing last time and I earned a little, so I couldn't imagine that I couldn't stumble my way in the same direction as last time. I just remember making a few pennies every day, and I haven't made anything yet this time, but I think Matthew's telling me that I'm not getting enough traffic to even make a few pennies yet. Which is ok, as long as I'm set up correctly. If all goes as last time, in two years I'll be up to $34 again.

Thanks for checking. smile

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Write more hubs.

I have a ton of em... just gotta decide what I wanna do.
      Thank you. smile

When you get 10+ dynamite recipe hubs, maybe I'll dedicate a blog post in your honor. big_smile

You're sweet. I haven't decided what I'm doing yet. I'm just wingin' it. smile

2. CuAllaidh profile image80
          CuAllaidhposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have a couple of recipes for black powder... but not for dynamite specifically... would that count... sure TNT is more explosive than just plain old black powder... but both go boom wink

*sorry had to jump in with random smartassery.*

big_smile

6. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

I'd say Activate your Amazon. -- even if you don't have something to sell right now.
    When you finally find a product or two that people "need" it can boost your earnings a lot.  Right now I am earning 2 to 4x more from Amazon than from all other sources.

Wow, good info Rochelle. Thanks!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Email me if you want details.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image61

peachpurple: you do not earn money by the way of pay pal.  You receive payment from Hub pages using their earnings program once you have adsense account, through Pay Pal.

Ok, thanks Rochelle.smile

8. Sed-me profile image80
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

So Matthew, I just checked my acct again, and this was the msg. I got. Any ideas?

"Earnings Program - Not Active

You are not currently accumulating new earnings through the HubPages Earnings Program. You can configure your Earnings Program settings on the Earnings Settings Page."

https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/

I was completely configured yesterday. You said yourself that you saw no abnormalities... but now it says I am not configured at all.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Please consult the "rejection" email sent to you by Google. It will give you instructions to fix whatever issue caused the disapproval and give you instructions on how to reapply. If you still have questions about the disapproval, you should respond to that email to reach the AdSense support team who will be able to address the issue.

Resubmitting your AdSense application: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … swer=81904

Disabled account FAQ:
      https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … swer=57153

Didn't get one. Maybe I will soon. Thanks.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Sed-Me  Is your adsense account Active??

It said it was. now it says google has pulled it or I have done something... I checked every hub. There is no msg. on any of them.

10. Sed-me profile image80
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Ad Program    3031923    Not Active    Ad Program Reports
    configure    eBay Program    5337588214    Not Active    eBay Program Reports
    get started    Amazon Program        Not Active    
    External Affiliate Settings
    configure    Google AdSense         Association Disabled by You or by Google for TOS Violation    Google AdSense Reports
    Reporting Settings
    configure    Google Analytics    UA-39113786-2    Active    Google Analytics Reports

Uh-oh. You need to drop by your Adsense account and see if all is ok there or not.

ok, i dont know what changed.... thanks

If violations are not the problem, did you tell them about your new "Sed-me" account?

11. MarieLB profile image75
    MarieLBposted 9 years ago

Hi Sed-me,
    I too am stuck on an error in Analytics that I can see, but have found no way to remove.  The problem for me is, that if I delete the whole account, what will I be losing, and can I do it again? 
    I find that my Hubpages account is pointing to my other website.  Dunno how it happened.
    If you find a solution, please give me a bell, will you., and I will do the same.  Thanks

Will do, Marie.

12. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Marie:  Go to your analytics account and click on Admin.  Each site submitted has it's own UA number so they are listed separately.  Then check your UA number for hub pages and see if Analytics number matches with what you have placed in HP.  Do same for your other sites that you have added there.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)