unfeatured hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    isaacnunoofioposted 9 years ago

hi i want to know if it is possible for a hub which has been unfeatured(which has the engaged sign beside it) because it is not receiving enough views to be featured later. Is there something i have to so for it to be featured later?

1. profile image0
      Snakesmumposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Have had a few hubs recently which have become un-featured for lack of engagement.

So far, I've been able to add more info and/or images to them and they have gone
      through QAP again and been approved.

If there is nothing I can do to improve the hub, I save the content for use elsewhere, and
      delete the hub.  That's a last resort though.

2. profile image0
      LEGOdomenickposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The un-featured penalty for not getting enough traffic is my biggest complaint about HubPages.

All you have to do is add one word to a picture or delete and rewrite a work and the computer will recognize it as an edit.

Yes, you can spend a lot of time redoing the hub, but the lack of traffic probably has nothing to do with your writing quality or content.  There are just some articles that will not draw that big of an audience.

3. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

i have 12 hubs which are unfeatured after posted 1 year ago. Recently i edit the hubs, add original pic, add more words, delete too many ebay and amazon capsules and add poll. Got featured

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You didn't even need to do all that.   You could've edited one word, and that would have sent the Hubs back through QAP.

When they go back through QAP they go back to Featured status because they pass the quality standards. However that's only temporary - unless you can get more traffic to those Hubs, they will fall back into unFeatured for lack of traffic again, and again, and again. If you don't want to have to go through the same rigmarole every few months, it's better to consider other options.

I wrote a Hub about what to do with unFeatured Hubs, you'll find it in the slider on my profile.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

Look it over carefully to see if there are any errors which need correcting. Go over it to proofread slowly for spelling, punctuation, grammar, are the necessary words capitalized, is spacing between words correct (too close or too far), do you have all of your sources on your photos/images and are there enough photos (3+).

An important one is do you have any broken links? Is the content out of date and need to be updated to attract readers (by the way, photos/videos attract readers too). I hope this helps.

I forgot to mention that text should be broken up. In other words, use more than one capsule to write it in instead of one long block of words. Such as in paragraphs of a letter instead of one long set of words together. Which would you read?

3. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 9 years ago

You can also update by adding more good information under a new titled text box and or add another photo or two to go with your article and you should have no problem getting it featured again.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Edit it: Make some changes in the unfeatured hub. Add a photo.  Add some content.  Then click done editing.  It will go through QAP again more than likely.

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years ago

Sometimes, no matter how technically good your article is, it cannot be featured for other reasons, such as it is perhaps a topic no one is searching out, or interested in.

I have a few un-featured hubs; most of them are poems.  There is nothing that I can do, editing-wise, to make them suddenly become featured.  They are poems, and they are what they are.

No one is going to be searching those titles.  I put them up to share, and if the only people who ever see them are fellow HP authors, oh, well, that's life.  I was not trying to make money from poetry.

So, even if your un-featured hubs are not poetry, try a Google search on the topic, and check the numbers showing how many searches.  If you don't know how to do that, then you can tell pretty easily by what comes up on the search page.

Does your topic come right up with lots of choices?  That's good; it means a lot of folks are looking for that information, but it's also "bad," because it means there is a lot of competition, and your article's information will have to be knockout-good to get seen.

Does the search engine instead bring up a page saying something like, "Did you mean..  ---- topic?"  That's a bad sign; it means no one is very interested in that subject.
    Check further down that page, and see what might be suggested as alternates to what you entered.  Are any of the subjects even close?  Would a title tweak help?
    If there is nothing remotely close, I'd give it up as a poor topic selection.  You will have gotten a message that "no one cares about this subject."

Best wishes!

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Great answer, MsLizzy!

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

smile  Thanks, Marisa!!  I appreciate the kudos!  Coming from someone with your experience and wisdom, that means a lot.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

See if you can give it a little kick in the butt by editing/tweaking/updating it and then sharing it via the usual social media outlets.

7. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 9 years ago

Edit it to fix any errors or awkward wording.  Add some more insight, facts, and photos.  Then publish it.  I've found that even just adding the recommended summary and getting rid of artifacts from the transfer is enough to get the hub re-featured and bring a trickle of views in.  I've found it also always brings my hub's hubscore up, too.

8. ladyguitarpicker profile image76
    ladyguitarpickerposted 9 years ago

Read it out loud to yourself and you may find some mistakes, I can always find something wrong, It gets better with time. Photos seem to help, with useful information about your hub. Read other peoples hubs and it will all start to come together for you. Good Luck.

9. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

I have seen various people ask if low traffic hubs that get traffic again with become featured automatically -- but I have never seen an answer to that question.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Featured-Hubs

You can still share your URL on social networks, google plus etc in order to get traffic.

11. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 9 years ago

Why do people always complain to HP about this feature when it is something that they can control if they really want to..

The reality is that Google will judge the site based on its weakest content. HP uses Google to tell them what the weakest content is as Google does not send it traffic - so they un-feature those hubs.

BUT

It also unfeatures those hubs that are quality but are just written in areas that people are not searching or in which there is just too much competition.

If you have been unfeatured because of this you have three choices -

You can change your hub to make it more search friendly so that it will get traffic from Google. Look at your keywords etc.

or

You can share like crazy through social media and other routes to drive traffic to it.

or

Put it on another site where there is less competition for the search internally - if there are 20 pages on one subject here then Google will only show what it believes is the best not all 20..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)