Survey about recommending HP to a friend on your stats page

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. LindaSmith1 profile image62
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

This is hilarious!  Went to stats page and there was this huge colored page.  It is a HP survey asking how likely you would recommend HP to a friend?  Then comments box there too.       

Nope, can't fix stats, etc. But make a prettier look and survey!!!

I think the forums from past couple of months answer their question! If that didn't do it for them, I think the forums in the past week should finally get a light bulb to go off.

Absolutely!  I will recommend a site:

Traffic is down the toilet
    Earnings are down the toilet
    Stats not updated  but then told they are updated.  In the meantime, hubs being unfeatured for low traffic.

When there is an issue with site, you are told that it is your computer not the site.

Problems continue and instead of getting them resolved, we get big announcement of new look being given to the site.

Spam, copied content, content so poorly written that can't even read it, flooding the site.  Although some of it is deleted, accounts banned, those people simply open another account and do it all over again, and again, and again.

Stolen content but nothing do to try to prevent it.  I have seen sites that have their site fixed so that you can't copy anything from the site.

A site where people are taking their content, all or in part, to other sites, their own sites and blogs.  They are creating their own sites for HP content so they can move it from here to there.

Then, they want to know how likely we will recommend HP to a friend!!!!

1. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

yeah, i didn't see any survey either. You must be lucky

2. CatherineGiordano profile image76
      CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've seen the discussions about moving HP content to another site.  Wouldn't that hurt the views.  It might not matter to a newbie like me, but if content has been up for a long time, it might have a lot of backlinks.  Wouldn't moving it mean an backlinks the hub got would no longer work?

1. Kylyssa profile image90
        Kylyssaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It absolutely means that. That (plus some denial) is why I kept content on Squidoo so long while I saw it going down the drain, because I had articles with lots of organic, high-value backlinks.  The 301 redirect is what convinced me to make the move to HupPages.  But even with the re-direct, the maturity of the transferred content appears to have been reset to the time of the transfer in Google's limited little electronic eyes. The Google views are returning but it's taking time, just as if I'd created and published the content on the day of the transfer.

Moving content to start from scratch would probably only be of advantage for content that isn't getting any views.

3. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive about HP in the whole time you've been here!

Why do you stick around?

2. gottaloveit2 profile image62
    gottaloveit2posted 9 years ago

LOL. The short answer is 'not in a million years.'

3. profile image0
    ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 9 years ago

I didn't get one of those surveys!  And my hubs stats are still frozen!  It's been six days now!  It's driving me crazy!

4. My Bell profile image94
    My Bellposted 9 years ago

My stats are still frozen too even though it says they've been updated and Google Analytics has shown plenty of traffic. I just sent an e-mail through the help link not knowing if it was a bug or not or just my stats. It seems it is a website wide issue.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image62
      LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is the same for entire site.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image62

Well, they sure didn't get an absolutely yes! More like the other end of the scale, as low as it went which is a zero, absolutely not

6. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

Where is the survey? I do not see it.

1. profile image0
      ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's what I was wondering as well.  I never saw a survey yesterday, the day before, today or any day.  I might want to answer that survey as well.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image62

When I signed in and went to see if stats had been updated, it was there, as a separate page. It was a Hub Pages Feedback Survey.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image62

The forum is about the survey!!!  Comments that are troll like, are being reported.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And people are responding to your thread in light of your response to the survey.  I see no troll like comments.  As far as the survey, I believe it is randomly sent to users. I have recommended HP to a friend and family member.  It depends on how you use the site.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Linda,
      Did appear when you attempted to post your own forum? I searched  for it and it looks as if you have to fill it out before you start a forum, not just anytime.

9. chateaudumer profile image82
    chateaudumerposted 9 years ago

I am thinking along the same lines with Susana S.  If you hate HP, why are you still with HP, Ms. Smith?

10. lisavanvorst profile image63
    lisavanvorstposted 9 years ago

I would recommend it if you love to write. It is nice to read other writers comments. Money wise it just isn't a good source for earning potential. I work full time now and have had little time to write lately. When I first started hub pages I was not working and could spend a lot of time writing, now I barely get to comment in forums and on other hubbers pages. I stall with HP for the love of it, but not for the money.

1. CatherineGiordano profile image76
      CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I do market research for a living.  This is a very bad time for HP to do a survey.  People are angry now because stats haven't updated for a week. Much better to do a survey when things are normal.  Unless, they have another survey to serve as a benchmark and want to see how the recent problems are affecting hubbers. ( I didn't get a survey.  It would be fun, if the judged via (the hub scores) get to do the judging.)

11. Michael Kismet profile image92
    Michael Kismetposted 9 years ago

Well, at least they got around to update the earnings, that was stuck for a few days too.  While it may feel cathartic to express your discontent on the forum, rarely is it productive. Not to point any fingers, I've been guilty of poking HP with a stick, from time to time.

Honestly, if it weren't for HPs recent technical problems, I never would have worked so diligently on my blogs and get around to finally signing up for Writedge and Daily Two Cents, which I'm convinced is a viable source of passive income. I've written about 13 articles that are out-earning my 48 articles here on a daily basis. My prevailing point is--you can be productive without HubPages, they're running a business, and make choices to best serve them and their bottom line. 

When I signed up for HP four months ago, I was writing a hub almost every other day.  I had new Hubber tunnel vision, which can wreak havoc on your motivation to focus on other avenues of income. If they ever get their ducks in a row, I'll be back to write more content, cause I am very fond of HubPages, but there's no monogamy in earning online, everyone should date around!

12. LindaSmith1 profile image62

Michael:  I have those 2 sites bookmarked but haven't really done anything with them yet. I need to check them out again.

I am working on a blog I have.  One of the writers is helping me change the template and turn it into a website rather than the typical blogger blog

I also started with Whyrll and within 2 days, I started making sales.  My traffic there is better than the last week of traffic numbers I have from HP with 69 hubs, and only 12 posts on Whyrll.

I do want to find a new home for the hubs that don't fit my blogs and Whyrll. I may just let them sit here, since I won't be doing a lot in that niche anyway.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)