Tips On Getting Better Traffic & Earning More Income ?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    michaelgermanottaposted 9 years ago

Hi I was wondering about how to gain some traffic to my hubs I currently get only around maybe 5 to 10 people looking at my hub a day but I can't earn a source of income with the kind of traffic. I'm looking for ways to improve my traffic and how to get noticed on Google Searches. Also is there a way to add keywords to my hubs for better SEO performance. Please help me out !! I also write around 500 - 900 words in my hubs which I think is more than enough ! 

Regards Michael

1. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

900 words are enough toget traffic, but wirh less than 50 hubs, it will take some time, try to write more on other categories, related ti yiur main subject

2. Muttface profile image81
    Muttfaceposted 9 years ago

Hi there michaelgermanotta.
    In the beginning it is indeed very slow, might even take a few months for G to start sending regular traffic. Maybe you could set up Google Webmasters Tool and when index them more quickly that way.
    I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I've noticed some typos and lack of punctuation in your forum posts and on your profile. Please don't be offended, but improving in this area will really increase your chances of being noticed. You could use Grammarly (it's free) to make sure the hubs read professionally.
    Regarding the keywords from the hub, apparently they are taken automatically from the hub, so make sure you use synonyms as well as the keywords you want to target.
    Word count - they want long, but long is not always good. Most of my hubs are 1000+, but I have a few that are only 300-500 words. I don't want to make those ones longer because they have already answered the question and fattening them up with more words is just beating around the bush.
    I didn't have time to read any of your hubs, but I had a quick look at the Netflicks one. It has huge chucks of text which make hard reading. I would definitely throw a few paragraph breaks in there.
    Sorry! Gotta run now, will come back to this later.

1. profile image0
      michaelgermanottaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ok Thanks really helpful Netflix review was one of my first reviews to be honest I wasn't really sure I wanted to do Hub pages it was just a quick opening thing. I saw that i was getting noticed by no followers but yeah Thanks for the information. I have started to make paragraphs in my post if you want to see some check out The Future Of Gaming or The SteamBox Review. But They are long. I really wish there was a box to add keywords I think that sucks but Yeah i will consider putting them in posts.

Thanks Again,

Regards Michael

3. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

Michael, keywords are used in titles, sub-titles and in content. There is no box to add keywords to hubs.

Maybe you are thinking of tag-words? There is no box for them either on HubPages.

1. profile image0

Ok Thnaks for the information. I really wish the create something like this to improve SEO performance instead of using words out of work. Hopefully we will see a change soon Thanks again !

4. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 9 years ago

There is whole section of tips here, Michael.  It's called the Learning Center

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Upda … se-traffic

1. profile image0

Ok Thanks for the information I'll be sure to check it out to get all my tips on future! Thanks for replying as well much appericated !

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years ago

Hi, Michael -

One thing that might help is to make sure all hubs are at least 900 or more words (that's really not all that long). This isn't a blog site, and Google looks for thorough content when showing search results, so I'd consider expanding your hubs to at least that amount of words. The writers getting the most traffic here have hubs far longer than that.

Hope that helps, and welcome aboard!

1. profile image0

Thank you I have improved my hubs by adding more I can see the increase in traffic about 20 views a day which is better than nothing. I have blogs at around 1000 to 1250 words which is the highest amount of words expected thanks for the tips and the good wishes hopefully I get far in this hub world !

6. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

In addition to the advice you've already received, you also need to put up more hubs. It appears that you have only two articles posted? If you have the time, get busy and write more. In my own experience, when I got my account up to around 50 hubs, Google seemed to sit up and take notice of my account and started sending me more traffic. This was a couple of years ago when I reached that milestone, so I don't know if that advice still stands, but it was common advice on the forums back then. It was certainly true for me at the time and my traffic has grown since then.

1. profile image0

Ok Thanks. I'm kinda having trouble writing about stuff that will get seen. I honestly think writing randomly cant really do any good. I can see your point but google will see you and you will get noticed. But I will work on it I want to try and get more featured hubs as well.

1. SmartAndFun profile image95
        SmartAndFunposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, I didn't mean to write randomly. Write on topics that are useful and being searched. Any topic in which you have specialized knowledge or can add something more or different or better, or any topic you are passionate about -- these are good topics to write about.

1. profile image0

Ok Thanks For your help. I will try my best the get noticed in the Hub community

7. Tigrest profile image68
    Tigrestposted 9 years ago

Hi, just to say a word about hub length - I haven't been around long enough to say its 100% true, but my (so far) most viewed hub is actually 650 words long. Go figure smile
    i guess it has a lot to do with the topic, like others mentioned you need to write about something that people are searching for. Technology is a great area and very popular with searches! just be patient and the traffic will come.

8. Jan Saints profile image87
    Jan Saintsposted 9 years ago

In addition, people love to read and share well written content. I mean, with no grammar or spelling mistakes and well punctuated. Search engines are also keen on the same. So, if your hubs have some of these mistakes, just make corrections and you’ll see some improvements. cool

1. profile image0

Ok awesome thanks ! I have used Grammly a editing software to help me with my typing and grammar thanks again everything should be great now I have gained another 3 featured hubs from editing my work! Thanks !

9. Bongzwane profile image62
    Bongzwaneposted 9 years ago

I have learned a lot from this discussion, thank you.

10. profile image0
    michaelgermanottaposted 9 years ago

Your mostly welcome

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)