To the GOP: "My Name is Talky Donald, and You better be nice to me"

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 8 years ago

Trump is threatening to run as a third party candidate if he is not received well by GOP establishment.

Instead of "Dump Trump', maybe I should say, Run Donald Run. Wow, another Perot or George Wallace, Ralph Nader? Who do you think are going to lose votes if Trump runs as an independent?

The situation brings to mind an episode from the Twilight Zone series, entitled 'Living Doll' (1963) A mean step-father (Telly Savales) gives his daughter a little girl doll, that speaks when you pull the string. The problem is that the doll says things that no doll should say. The stepfather angered at what the doll said to him tried to destroy it with a circular saw and butane torch, but since the doll came from the Twilight Zone, disposing of it wasn't going to be easy. Eventually, the doll kills the stepfather from a fall down the stairway and when the wife finds him at the foot of the stairs next to the doll, she picks the doll up and it speaks, 'my name is talky tina, and you better be nice to me!

Now we have a big dummy of a doll that pulls its own string with the most darned and unpredictable  things that emanate  from these lips. This doll is protected from reaping the result of his stupidity and arrogance because of his solid gold coat of armor. After running over all prudence with a Mack Truck, he again pulls his string and warns the GOP that it better be nice, or else.

Do many of you think that he will 'stand down' before subjecting the GOP to greater torment?

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think "The Donald" is all about self-promotion and his bottom line.
      He is too opinionated ,undiplomatic and dictatorial to be able to run a government . If he can't deal with others opinions and government regulation, then he will not be taken succeed.
      All politicians need to cooperate and play nice in order to be successful in their jobs. Donald is saying everything the gullible public wants to hear but he is not looking out for their interests, only his own.

Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Stacie, All you have to do is watch "The Apprentice", my wife got me to initially sit down and watch with her, she saying that it had the drama of interpersonal relationships with that all working in a competitive environment and all of that sort of stuff. I watched it once and told her that it was bull****. Trump was just an egomaniac who, buying off NBC built a program around tormenting and bullying "washed up' celebrities. It was basically The Donald Trump Show.

2. Alternative Prime profile image57
    Alternative Primeposted 8 years ago

The "Cameos of Donald" is certainly an interesting development, not so for the now obsolete republican party though ~

The bigger problem for the conservatives is that Trump is the most intellectually sound of the insane bunch ~

Jed Bush opened his mouth about 3 times to lightly discuss his antiquated platform and proved once again the idiot apple dosen't fall far from the tree, or "Bush" ~ The first time it took him approximately 1 week to find what he thinks is the correct "Lie" in response to his numbskull brother's historically blunderous "Iraq War" ~

The next self inflicting "Torpedo" to his floundering campaign was the now infamous "Americans just need to WORK HARDER" slip of the toungue ala Mutt Romney ~

And finally, or should I say Jed Bush's most recent disaster, his idiotic "Resurrection" of the old tired mantra "We need to terminate MEDICARE" ~ An idea which will terminate any small morsel of the senior citizen vote for him ~

Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well AP, I have to ask, I thought that white senior citizens were a strong GOP constituency, maybe that loyalty has been misplaced? These folks picked  their friends  badly when they fail to realize that the GOP only really embraces the Plutocrats,  everything else you see is smoke and mirrors to distract  people from the knowledge of  that fact.

1. Alternative Prime profile image57
        Alternative Primeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Credence2 ~

When social security and medicare are threatened like they always are each and every election cycle, the loyalty fades really fast ~

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Threatened?  As retirement age is forced up, income goes down (way down after inflation) and medicare costs go up, it's more than a threat!

1. gmwilliams profile image82
            gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

2. Alternative Prime profile image57

Wilderness ~

Retirement age needs to comes down, not go up ~ A Tax on Corrupt Wall Street Activities & Corporations with a Pre-Determined Market Cap will ensure not only a retirement for the working class, but a well deserved "Comfortable Retirement" after slaving their lives away to enrich the pockets of greed driven execs~

Income is on the rise in certain states where a working individual is valued ~ Un-Patriotic States like Texas and others will probably lag as usual or not participate at all, typical backward conservative ideals and values ~

Just curious Wilderness ~ What did the republican party offer you as an American??

2. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

“Every Republican wants to do a big number on Social Security, they want to do it on Medicare, they want to do it on Medicaid. And we can’t do that. And it’s not fair to the people that have been paying in for years and now all of the sudden they want to be cut,” Trump said.

I do not believe that Medicare will ever be “phased out" as Jeb Bush suggested. The American people would never allow millions of people who rely on that program to lose that. Also, it should be unthinkable to make cuts there.

1. colorfulone profile image79

Just as I thought, the liberals take things out of context again.
        Jeb Bush defends Medicare comments.
        http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/23/politics/ … hampshire/

Republicans do not want to end Medicare at all.  If anyone is going to kill Medicare its Obama and ObamaCare BS. 
        * What does Obamacare do to Medicare?
        "In order to pay for President Obama's $2.6 trillion health care law, Medicare has been stripped of $468 billion in funds.  To further save costs, Obamacare empowers a board of unelected bureaucrats to decide what treatments Medicare will cover.  Many refer to this as rationing health care."
        http://tomgraves.house.gov/legislation/ … efacts.htm

So does Jed have a bunch of clones out on the campaign trail like Saddam once did??? Are they out of control numbskulls like the organic Jed???

Anyway, if what you say is true, the only words out of Jed's mouth in the future that pertain to SS or Medicare should be the following ~ "WE NEED TO DO WHATEVER WE NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO STRENGTHEN THESE PROGRAMS" PERIOD ~

But you will never hear these words uttered by Jed or any other imbecilic conservative ~ They have been trying to destroy these critically important programs for many years now ~ Seniors will not stand for this sabatage and it will always be relfected at the voting booth ~

1. colorfulone profile image79

I really do not know much about "Jed".  I just like to check what was really said.

Otherwise, I do agree with you. But, I can hope.

colorfulone ~ smile ~

Jed's basically an idiot just like his brother George W ~ He has nothing to do now so hey, why not screw around and run for president ~

He does need balls the size of his ranch in Texas to actually run though, after his father and brother were disasters at the helm ~ You really need big ones to think anyone would actually vote for you with that kind of failed political lineage ~ Unbelievable ~

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)