Got a flash fiction that refuses to get traffic?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (23 posts)
  1. paradigm search profile image53
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

Post it here...

I'll start.

Well, now. That was delicious...

Today was not starting off well. Never did get a chance to go to the store yesterday. It was my turn to make breakfast. Did the best I could with what I had. I even put food in the bowl for the wife’s obnoxious chihuahua.

The Missus walks in. I set the plates on the table. Came up with a pretty good meal actually. Especially the coffee, found still had some of those gourmet grounds leftover.

We talk for awhile. “You did good, what with not being able to go to the store yesterday,“ she said, "and this coffee and bacon are delicious."

“Thanks,” I said. We plan our day. Nothing special. Work. School. Kids. And picking the car up from the shop. Not looking forward to seeing that particular bill...

I start putting the dishes in the sink.

“Where’s Sparky?” she suddenly asked.

I turned. “Where do you think the bacon came from?”

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years ago

Kind of sick but I had to laugh!!!

paradigm searchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's what I do. lol

3. mybrianthe fixer profile image60
    mybrianthe fixerposted 8 years ago

If that's what you do make a vid / podcast then we all can forget you forever. Become! or in your case get human first.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
      LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You do know that's a joke, right??? And in any case if you don't like the humor, you can always not read it.

4. paradigm search profile image53

I am contemplating the infamous armadillo hub that QAP piddled on...

5. paradigm search profile image53

Made $10+ it did on B way back when. Dead now of course.

6. paradigm search profile image53

Here's one I was afraid to post because of AdSense rules. However seems to be ok here.

The Gun. The Vodka. The Fork in the Road…

The gun lay on the table. Right next to the bottle of vodka.

Actions have consequences…

The left fork… Yes, I will perform this action. The right fork… No, I won’t.

Contemplation seems in order here… There! That another drink has really helped clarify my mind…

Come to think of it, let’s have a couple more… And some more…

Still undecided, but I stand up and put the gun in my jacket pocket. Out the front door I go…

Three blocks I walk. There’s the bank. I sit on the park bench across the street and stare. “Do I really want to do this?”

I notice the gun shop next door.

The $300 lay on the table. Right next to the empty bottle of vodka. “$300 for a used gun isn’t bad,” I think to myself.

I went to bed.

7. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years ago

Creatively funny...you've got style!

My Home Depot experience.... Too bad it pays as armadillo...

8. paradigm search profile image53

No one posting their own. F ck it, I shall wander elsewhere.

9. paradigm search profile image53

"But where?" says the rabbit.

10. paradigm search profile image53

And quit.

11. mybrianthe fixer profile image60

H.R.1508 - Space Resource Exploration and Utilization Act of 2015

12. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 8 years ago

That was good food from the lovely restaurant and Whole Foods.

A relative came to visit and ate dinner with us. We were so grateful. She is generous.

"That will be $118." she exclaimed.

I guess nothing is free anymore, even from a generous family member.

13. mybrianthe fixer profile image60

Great writing. I wasn't posting about the fork that someone sat on, it's about what your Congress has just passed a bill about ( out there! in space which they will never admit or deniy). H.R.1508 - Space Resource Exploration and Utilization Act of 2015. is all about human resources of world. Check it out then pass the word. peace to all.

14. paradigm search profile image53

My Home Depot adventure coming up...

15. paradigm search profile image53
  16. paradigm search profile image53

So...

My Visit to Home Depot

Home Depot has ATM’s. I did not know that.

I decided I needed $40. I put in my card and made the request.

The ATM informed me in effect, “Sorry, dude. Am offline.”

I really needed that $40.

Home Depot has sledgehammers. That I did know. I went and got one.

I once again properly addressed the ATM. But once again, no joy.

10 minutes later I had my $40. Home Depot could no longer sell the sledgehammer as new. Sorry about that.

As for the ATM and money scattered all over the floor, I really did feel bad. But I really needed that $40. I even left a note on what was left of the ATM so they could deduct it from my account.

I went about my business...

While standing in the checkout line 15 minutes later, two nice police officers showed up.

“Hi,” said I.

“You’re under arrest,” said they.

The cot was quite comfy. But alas, they took my $40.

1. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

This is quite funny. You are so creative and need to write a hub with these little yarns.

Find me traffic.

1. Pico Triano profile image87
          Pico Trianoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If I knew how to get lots of traffic to my comedy hubs, I'd let you in on the secret. I even put links and descriptions on a special page on my author's blog. It doesn't appear to be worth the effort.

17. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 8 years ago

Ok here goes:

Pour Pour Pitiful Me

The water poured down heavily, dancing a tarantella on the roof and windows.

"When will this ever stop?" asked Sarah anxiously, "I'm feeling claustrophobic cooped up like this."

"Stop exaggerating!" scolded her husband John, as he eased his foot down onto the accelerator. "It's only a car wash for God's sake."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)