Do Not Become My Fan!!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (39 posts)
  1. imadork profile image70
    imadorkposted 14 years ago

If you haven't read any of my hubs DO NOT BECOME MY FAN!!!

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Whenever I see that I have a new fan I always look at their hubtivity.  If I am just one of a long and uninterrupted list of fan additions, I click right off of their profile without reading one more word.

Here's a fan message I just received from the hubber "lovemyself":

"There is a lot of heart and personality in your writings. Thank You.smile"

It is quite possible that this message sounds familiar to you.  This is because, for the last few hours, she has been fanning hubbers non-stop with the same exact message.

1. Pamda Man profile image59
      Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol. The irony in human nature. The evil.

2. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That fan message is familiar. Oh wait, she's my fan and she left exactly the same message. And I thought she wrote that especially for me *sigh*.

I have already fanned more than 100 people but I make sure I've read any one of their hubs. I've read one of yours. I can see you like horror movies, same movies my husband likes to watch. Any hub on Japanese horror movies?

imadorkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, not yet.

3. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a typical "fammer".

4. goodfriendiam profile image59
      goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I see, someone has become my fan, and I don't have time to read one of there articles, I will join there fan club, but tell them I will look at there articles later. But I will respect your wishes, of not joining till after I read. Thanks

1. beautyrose profile image61
        beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me too I keep joining hubbers fan too but have not read fully there hubs cause they are too many.Maybe I need to set time for them. Meanwhile I appreciate if you become my fan too.

1. goodfriendiam profile image59
          goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sure. will do.

2. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Wow that's a good one!!  And..... It works hmm

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Otorohanga smile

( Waitomo Caves)...will bring my inner tube for some black water rafting..woohoooooo.

Sounds like Imadork could do with a day out too smile

3. imadork profile image70

Sometimes...I just hate people.

so you mean you hate a single woman like me.Wink*

I'm gonna put you on my "Cartoons I Wanna Bang" list.

4. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I really do not even pay attention to those things.  I usually only add people that take the time to read my hubs, or if I like their hubs too.

5. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

OOK... ummmm and how long have you felt this way? hmm

I'm not in the mood for smart-ass comments right now.

you need love dude. cheers

6. imadork profile image70

I would rather my profile show a big goose egg in my fan section than have 1000 phonies.

7. SweetiePie profile image81

I like your hubs though.  I add some people when I have not really read their hubs yet, but usually I have to like someone's hubs to add them.

Thanks.

8. Pamda Man profile image59
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

Lol. Hey where do you check your referrals?

9. SweetiePie profile image81

I was referring to Pearl Diver, but I am sure your hubs are great too.  I have not really read yours though, but I am sure these are good.

Read them.

10. imadork profile image70

I'm in a pissy mood.  I lost my job and I'm having trouble finding a new one.

sorry you loss you job so make it here in hp though money doesn't come regularly.

11. SweetiePie profile image81

I just commented on your latest hub, and it was very interesting.

Thanks.  (am I okay to say "thanks" now without looking like a total moron?)

1. SweetiePie profile image81
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Honestly many people say thanks and I think the term moron is overrated.  That is just my take on the English language though, I am very divergent that way.

Overrated?  I didn't know "moron" had a rating.

12. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Are there really that many people who dont read hubs?
    I have not been here that long but so far my impression as been very positive.
    I may become a fan of someone who becomes my fan out of courtesy but I do have a look at what they write and try to find something good to comment on.

I wonder if its a newbie thing to become a fan out of courtesy?

I can say if I read something objectionable or offensive to me I would probably skip the courtesy and not become a fan and maybe even decline or ban such person from being my fan.

13. VioletSun profile image81
    VioletSunposted 14 years ago

I am your fan, Iamadork, and have read your hubs and commented on them, so you have fans that are genuine. smile Sorry about your job loss; I know it is stressful, hopefully you will be sharing good news soon.

Thank you.

14. Pamda Man profile image59
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't fan anyone so I won't have to worry about these losers. Those that fan people in hope that they will fan you back. (I just got a new fan. smile)

don't say that.

15. Mac Mission profile image61
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

Your bringing awareness to everyone thanks imadork

16. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear you lost your job ,that sucks!!

With the risk of further pissin you off ,can I maybe suggest you try your local newspaper ,no not the classifieds but talk to the editor in person,failing that ,just turn up and volounteer- least it gets ya outta the house ,right!

I wish you the best in your tomorrows smile

17. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Hey imadork, if I pinch you, will you smile big_smile maybe throw in a lollipop?

18. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

It's nice to have a few fans, even though it doesn't really mean anything for people who aren't chasing hub traffic.

If I see someone has none, I sign up to them. A vague feeling of belonging helps. But after someone has twenty or so, who cares. As for people with with five hundred fans or people who subscribe to the fan clubs of five hundred people, its just silly.

I'm not going to be reading the output of five other hubbers on a regular basis, let alone five hundred. It's just not practical.

19. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

I've just been checking out the same message, it's not unusual for fan freaks to go on a fanning crazy spree, but to actually leave every single hubber the same message as fan mail, lol, she's a step above.

For a moment I genuinely believed that my writing had 'heart and personality', then the ringing alarm bells woke me. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)