Could Trump primary supporters be having 2nd thoughts

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (41 posts)
  1. dianetrotter profile image60
    dianetrotterposted 7 years ago

The primaries were mostly done by the time Trump made statements about Judge Curiel who will preside over the Trump University Fraud case.  Trump gleefully used the terrorist massacre at Pulse Nightclub to congratulate himself.  He suggested that it would not have happened if patrons had had guns.  Can you imagine a club full of people, drinking and having fun and then hearing shots, pulling their guns and shooting all over the place.  Who would be left standing?

Have we ever had a president that had to be "bleeped" because of his foul language?  He didn't become more presidential after becoming the presumptive nominee.  He got worse and said, "I won't change!"  Can you trust him to help you individually or your family?

A guy picked a frozen snake up from the middle of the road.  He placed the snake in front of the fireplace to warm up.  The snake warmed up and bit him.  The guy asked, "Why did you do that?"  The snake said, "You knew I was a snake all the time."

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, his poll numbers are tanking, first because of his racist comments about Judge Curiel, then further because of his shallow and self-congratulatory comments after the Orlando shooting.

Trump's speeches, tweets, and interviews speak for themselves. All you have to do is listen to him and decide for yourself. He can't stop talking or tweeting so there is plenty of direct source material for voters to judge his intellect (or lack thereof), diplomacy (or lack thereof) , policy positions (or lack thereof), and leadership skills (authoritarian?).

2. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

First of all, people who legally carry guns are NOT permitted to be drinking alcohol when armed.  Law abiding citizens who have gun training are responsible.

Nothing Trump said about the terrorist attack on the gay night club was "gleeful".   To say something like that is ignorant, stupid, totally disrespectful and void of all truth.  Its disgusting!  Listen to the lies of the devil and spew some more lies while ignoring the truth...the media is full of it.

I cannot even comment on the rest of this post, its just silly. 
    Its a joke, right? ... "congratulate himself"? 

Added
    One of the best things a true friend ever told me was 'get your head out of your a$$'.  So! Trump warned about more terrorist attacks (again)...trying to tell people to get their heads out their a$$, in the nicest possible way. He was RIGHT! ... Is that congratulating himself in your mind? 

Trump has not been "bleeped" because of foul language.  Anti-Trump ads are NOT honest.  Anyone who believes that is deceived, that is what dishonest ads are intended for (brainwashing).

There are six (6) things the Lord hates, and I hate them too!

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I did see an article speaking about a disagreement between Trump and the head of the NRA. Trump said that if there were someone else armed in the tavern, the shooter could have been neutralized before all the carnage.

But the NRA guy said that he would never advocate the carrying of a firearm in a tavern, for obvious reasons...

2. dianetrotter profile image60
      dianetrotterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm looking for the most recent bleep of last week.  In a rant about the Orlando terrorist, he said if others had guns, they could return fire and the S.O.B is dead.

Here is an older one (March)
      http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop- … -ad-220379 

Quite a few are referenced if you Google Trump cursing bleeped

3. dianetrotter profile image60

Here he tweeted congratulations to himself.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/13/donald-tr … y-5940410/

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
      Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!
      9:43 AM - 12 Jun 2016
        28,177 28,177 Retweets   73,468 73,468 likes

4. dianetrotter profile image60

Colorfulone, He has said and done so much, no one needs to lie about him.  It is documented by multiple sources.

This is not to bash you.  It is to direct you to sources that prove he is not mature enough to be president.  We don't even know if he is as successful as he says he is.  Bilking people out of money probably added quite a bit to his fortune.

5. dianetrotter profile image60

I'm confused now.  I thought the point was that everything I brought up was a lie.

6. Perspycacious profile image63
      Perspycaciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Let's hope every legally eligible vote will have 2nd, 3rd, and 4th thoughts in the nearly five months that remain before their votes are cast.  Hillary for her gender, or Trump for his gender, are certainly not the keys to making such a serious decision.  They are both caucasians, so that is not a choosing point either.  Criminality might be, but we can leave that to any fair court to decide. Ambition?  Both have that in spades.  Personal wealth?  Only they would think that that matters.  Education, experience, sincerity, approachableness, role model,  competence, political correctness, leadership, energy, health, perhaps style?  All those can be weighed along with personal preferences and gut appraisals of the two, and any other serious contestants.

3. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 7 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBLv6rmnYf4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbbupkTnewc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTh-1hto9wU

de·ni·al
    dəˈnīəl/
    noun
    the action of declaring something to be untrue.
    refusal to admita psychological defense mechanism in which confrontation with a personal problem or with reality is avoided by denying the existence of the problem or reality the truth or reality (as of a statement or charge)

lol

4. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 7 years ago

Hmmm, maybe Trump worshipers don't think dropping F bombs in speeches constitutes swearing?  Or s_of a b_?  Or sh__?

You know, Trump does keep lowering the bar for minimum standards of decency.  Perhaps his supporters like his swearing and think it's cool?  Or tough?  How about intelligent and thoughtful? 

I mean, they loved it when he talked about his penis size during a debate.  Ate that sh__ right up!  And when he ridiculed the disabled reporter?  Cheered and clapped!  When he implied a female reporter who asked a tough question was on her period?  Praised him for his "toughness" (that one is extra puzzling, but okay).

I think I'm seeing a pattern here.  Trump supporters love bullying, as long as it's directed at someone else, even the handicapped.  They cheer F bombs and name calling, as long as it's not directed toward them.  They don't care if their candidate can articulate policies, as long as he has a big D____.

And Trump supporters wonder why we find them to be amusing (when we're being polite) or mean-spirited (when we're being honest).

Panther, you have to check out Bill Maher latest ending dialogue for his "Real Time" program, it is quite a hoot.

Here is the link

http://www.salon.com/2016/06/18/bill_ma … _can_read/

1. profile image0

Thank you!  That was hilarious!  I love Bill Maher.  I record his show every week, but I haven't gotten around to watching that episode yet.  He nailed it.

here is the S.O.B stuff - he digs his grave with his mouth

http://www.infowars.com/donald-trump-on … f-a-bitch/

“If some of those wonderful people had guns strapped right here, right to their waist, or right to their ankle and this son of a bitch comes out and starts shooting…” Trump said to tremendous applause.
        “And one of the people in that room happened to have it and goes ‘BOOM BOOM’ you know what that would have been a beautiful sight folks, that would have been a beautiful sight.”

on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eg0oFpao04

Trump says that he gets a lot of his news from 'infowars'.

Enquiring minds want to know....

I took Pat Paulsen more seriously almost 50 years ago. This is ridiculous!

I haven't seen his little boy Bible since he held it up and says he carries it everywhere.  He says he will ask forgiveness in the future so I guess he plans on sinning in the future?

Donald Trumps's only God is money, he is more amoral than he is immoral.
              He reminds me of the Terminator character, but with him it is with his mouth.

It is not just an idiotic thing to say, "I get my news from the shows!"  I can't begin to comprehend how he would fix his mouth to say that.

2. colorfulone profile image77
          colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maybe to someone who is looking to find fault with anything Trump might say, he digs his grave.  I personally felt the same way about the "SOB" getting killed, who shot over 100 Americans. I guess I didn't think anything of calling him that, it was mild for what that animal did.  It would have been a beautiful sight if some people were armed and trained to shot to kill so the "SOB" was dead before he had a chance to go jihad in the night club and murder 49 people.   

Thankfully, Trump has the balls to say what every true American patriot felt in their gut but maybe didn't say.  I'm sure their were plenty that did...because it was an act of terrorism...not just on those people, but on all of us.   

I'm glad Trump isn't politically correct and offends people who have a spirit of offence, its kind of funny in a sad way how they get triggers over words, but not a terrorist'[s actions.

The point is that no one lied on him.  Everything cited was straight from Trump.

He's a billionaire and can say things and do things other people cannot - not that they should.  He sets a bad example for children.  People going on job interviews can't talk or act like that or they will never get hired.  He was fortunate enough to work for his father and never had to meet a standard for a job probably until now.

You mentioned things that God hates, with lies being one.  There were no lies told.  The truth will set you free.

5. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 7 years ago

Someone's missing. lol

What's amazing is the three Stepford wives who participate on panels justifying the crap he says and does.  The one who just graduated from Harvard always has to justify her comments by saying she just "graduated from Harvard Law School."  I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't more to at least one of those relationships.

2. profile image0

The vanishing Trump worshipers?

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Here is the truth if anyone wants it , Watch  ---everyone ,as liberals avoid this posting like the plague!

THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA IS EDITING TRUMPS NEWS CONFERENCES , PICKING AND COOSING POORLY ARTICULATED ONE LINERS !

The truth is , liberals all know this !

1. profile image0

Have you ever watched him live?  I have.  No editing is required.

1. profile image0

I actually have and you know what , Listen to the whole speech P.P.  listen to his sons too , Have you ?  There is a patriot  in the making in them all !   Hey , after Obama , anything is an improvement !

1. profile image0

Unlike you, I don't question the patriotism of people I disagree with. I'm sure he has a very nice family. That doesn't mean he is fit to be president.

By the way, this is the new tactic. See what a nice family Trump has? Saw the Trump Train spokesperson gushing about Trump's lovely family on CNN today. You picked it up quick. Good soldier.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
                GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What would make him fit to be president?

If Trump has the support he has due to voter anger at our current political situation, doesn't that indicate the same-old same-old isn't cutting it?

I am not a Trump supporter, but the thought of a Hillary presidency almost makes me one.

GA

It looks like the 4 proposals on guns were DOA today.  I hate politics.  Every thing that comes up is viewed through political lenses.

November is not going to be pretty.  Neither will the next 4-8 years be productive unless.....????

Horseback, those rants about Judge Curiel were not one liners AND when Jack Tapper followed up with question for clarity, Trump dug in.

The scenario about people (drinking in the club) having guns to shoot back at the "S.O.B.", there was no editing.

If you can show us straight, unedited text, I'm willing to read it.

BTW, I'm not liberal nor conservative.  I consume coverage because I want to be informed.  As of now, I will have to write in a candidate for president.

1. profile image0

Trump is crass , but he is correct about a }Obama}politically appointed federal judge with an agenda against one party ! I 'm not surprise you cannot see that ,for some reason many people can't , the most biased activists of late are fully entrenched at the head of our courts these days . THAT is wrong and everyone should be angry about it !

Curiel is not an Obama appointee.

3. Credence2 profile image78

His two boys are 'big game'  hunters in Africa. Pretty dated concepts, so 20th century, in the current reality of endangered species and dangerous poaching  today.  Find example they set, a chip off from the 'old block'.

1. profile image0

Tell me if you were filthy rich  that you wouldn't  do many things you cannot now .    One aspect of a persons life and you find that the directive for opinion of the whole person ?   I believe that's called a preconceived  opinion .I suggest ,  Try to find a  neutral  ground . Hunters are not evil .

Sure, horse, I would be doing things differently. I would not sell my soul recognizing most things of true value cannot be bought. I figure that you are about my age, have not any of that wisdom and truth come to you over time?   I don't going around living like I own the planet. The concept of being irresponsible does not change even if I have the money to be such. There was a time when being wealthy meant setting examples to others, not just buying 14K gold baby carriages to wave before the less fortunate.

2. GA Anderson profile image89
            GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I will give you witness to that. Trump's comments need no editing to make him look bad.

GA

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

All of the success  of celebrity-ism  is bought and paid for by the American public ,   Teddy Roosevelt for one killed every animal on north American  soil  , his face is on Rushmore !    Show me a rich man that doesn't spend his money- but only the way you think he should , I'll show you a fool .     The hypocrisy  in this idea that somehow The Trumps are  evil for the  way they spend :   be serious!    Gee , they are  devils  and you would be what , a saint for  saving your riches for who- your  offspring ?  Right .

Yes, Teddy Roosevelt, 1858-1919 just the guy that I would compare contemporary problems and concerns against.

I don't want rich people buying my politicians for example to get what they want against the proper focus that belongs to the politician constituents who they have been elected to serve. 

So, you just don't get to do what you want. That applies to everyone, Thurston Howell AKA Donald J.Trump.

1. profile image0

Thurston Howell , was he Hillary's Father ?

With your mindset, he was probably yours....

So as the hard working capitalist, where is your inheritance?

1. profile image0

Oh I don't  have one of your  inheritance's , in fact   I started and completed this journey on my own merits , Remember ? Like all of America used to do .   They didn't blow an extensive inheritance , borrow  from Uncle Sam  and then not pay that back , borrow from the banks and not pay that back , borrow from credit cards and forget that too .

In fact , I remember not very long ago at all , when building ones own credit line too years and not  the first paycheck .    American's today have morphed into  wusses , mommy's boys .  daddy's girls  where  to suffer through a day without spending someone else's cash is actually child abuse !

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)