Anybody Else Using RedGage For Backlinks? Could Be Useful

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (37 posts)
  1. bigmikeh profile image69
    bigmikehposted 14 years ago

I discovered RedGage a few days ago. You can post photos, documents, videos and links on the site, and get paid for doing so. Only cents, but to get paid to post links to hubs or sites is novel.

So I now have several PR3 links back to my hubs, and 5 cents(!) in my account. Will it disappear under a deluge of spam I wonder.

Anybody else using it? Any experience?

1. Lady_E profile image60
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I read a Hub published by Julie Ann Amos today on this topic and I think it will be a useful tool. I will give it a go.

2. bigmikeh profile image69

From the resounding silence, I'll assume nobody else is using redgage.com. Or at least not owning up to it.

If you're interested in easy, free backlinks (and we all should be) take a look. As I mentioned previously, I now have several hubs with PageRank 3 backlinks, simply through posting a link on RedGage.

I have no vested interest in Redgage - just wanted to share the tip.

3. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I never heard of it but I bookmarked it to check out in a bit here. There are so many of these sites now. They seem to be popping up faster than anyone can keep track of them. smile

4. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 14 years ago

I don't do backlinks much.  If I did, I'm not sure I'd put them on RedGage.  It still has a 90,000 Alexa traffic ranking.  Admittedly, it's rising maniacally, probably because they're giving out lots of earnings in bonuses.

I do know of a number of people who DO use it for backlinks, and a few have earned the larger bonuses.  I think I know of one or two who've received the earnings card, or whatever reward they give out.

Though I like to see new business models, I'm leery.  RedGage's is based entirely on recycled content, and though DIGG and the like are somewhat similar, DIGG doesn't present itself as a content site--but RedGage kinda does.  Something about RG doesn't feel right.  It could just be their strong push for writers--they're liberally offering bonuses right now. Or it could be the fact that it's all "too easy."  When a business model is "too easy," there's usually a catch.  I don't mind catches--I just want to know what it is, and with RedGage, it's not transparent to me. Then again, maybe I'm not thinking outside of the box enough.  The Internet is always surprising me with new models.

Regarding the site itself, I don't like the layout.  I'm picky that way--I don't find the site easy to navigate.  And again, I honestly can't see Google liking it.  But who knows, it may start (and continue) ranking really well.

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am SOOOOO in your camp, FT. Something just doesn't feel right.

5. curiozities profile image62
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

I'd like to sign up for them, if they'd only send me the confirmation e-mail...  Been waiting a couple of hours for it.

6. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

No, I didnt know about it either, Bigmikeeh big_smile but thank you for sharing. smile will check it out. Choice is ours in the end wink

7. bigmikeh profile image69

Thanks for your comments. I agree - it seems too easy, but while the PageRank holds up I'll still use it. But as I said in my first post, it may get deluged with spam and sink without trace!

8. toby26 profile image39
    toby26posted 14 years ago

I saw it is PR0 on the front page... is it me alone??

1. bigmikeh profile image69
      bigmikehposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just checked and my Google toolbar and SEOBook toolbar both give the homepage PR3

And for example

http://www.redgage.com/#rf:/links/bigmi … c-3-3.html

a link to one of my hubs, also has PR3 according to both these toolbars

9. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Hmmmm...Well...I just checked PR, also, and do get a 3.  On the other hand, I don't use Alexa but do use Quantcast (which I like for its user friendly nature) and Quantcast says "not enough data to quantify".  That makes me edgy.

One thing on the redgage home page made lift an eyebrow.  That's the statement to the effect that the site will "import the content for us" (paraphrased; I may not have that down exactly right).  Seems like that could flag us for having duplicate content out there.  Though maybe that doesn't apply to links.

Not brave enough to tackle it yet, at any rate....

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It looks like RedGage started late last year and was chugging along with MAYBE a couple thousand visitors/month. In June of this year, their traffic literally shot up suddenly to somewhere in the 30k to 50k visitors for the month. No data yet, obviously, for July. So the only thing I would question is whether that sudden spike in traffic was from marketing efforts that they can't sustain.

10. Julie-Ann Amos profile image62
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years ago

I have a Hub on this going live today - just need to finalise the screenshots.  I'm using it just for backlinks, sod the bonuses.  I got badly burnt with another site taking three figures of hard won cash from me before joining hubpages and and the model for bonuses looks hard work and iffy but the backlinks are an easy backlink to a hub...

Update - hub's live and aimed at newbies...

11. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I joined and added a couple links. Thanks

12. MontyApollo profile image62
    MontyApolloposted 14 years ago

I signed up about 24 hours ago, but no confirmation email yet. It sounds like they got a lot of bugs to work out.

1. sabrebIade profile image80
      sabrebIadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm...same here.
      But they ARE new, so I'll give em some time.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No confirmation email for me too big_smile
        They nofollow the links so its kind of useless.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image62
          Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Firstly there is a process on the site to use if there isn't a confirm email - just use it!

Secondly, on what basis do you say the links are no follow? Every other source says they are NOT no follow, and my links on there certainly don't appear to be no follow...

they ARE worse than nofollow... You don't even need to check if the links are nofollow or not, the site's structure tells you that...

BTW I have written this hub for you so that next time you don't go on writing wrong statements in forums in CAPS.

here it is... http://hubpages.com/hub/Nofollow-Links

13. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

hmm IDK as I was able to join.

14. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

How do they pay.... via paypal?

15. bigmikeh profile image69

They pay through a VISA gift card, so you never see actual cash. But I'm doing it for the links more than the rewards.

I just read that. I am afraid they are not telling the whole thing and that VISA debit card is just for the US citizens.

1. Ambition profile image60
        Ambitionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Visa credit/debit card is available in whole world

huh?

Do you even know what we are talking about?

Yes I know its available and I have used it a large number of time outside my country.

This site sends the VISA card and I am talking about not sending it to residents outside USA.

1. Ambition profile image60
            Ambitionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ohh smile

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71

And have you checked. I think the backlinks are nofollow there.

16. MontyApollo profile image62
    MontyApolloposted 14 years ago

Since I did not get confirmation e-mail, I emailed their tech support and got a response back the next day.

I just uploaded links to about 9 hubs and articles, and it is very buggy.

I did "earn" 2 cents in the first 15 minutes so far (I think new uploads get listed temporarily until newer uploads push them off the screen.)

Still have not heard anything definitive about the no-follow issue. The way they got the html code setup, it is not easy to tell by doing the view->source option in your browser.

17. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

Got my confirmation on Monday.
    Signed up and tentatively put one Hub up to see how it will do.
    I'll be watching it and traffic to see if I notice a difference.

18. Julie-Ann Amos profile image62

Redgage update.  The links are definitely NOT no follow and show up in both google analytics, adsense AND hubpages traffic monitoring stats.

I for one am seeing traffic from there incoming to my hubs.

1. MontyApollo profile image62
      MontyApolloposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The first part of this sentence and the second part are kinda unrelated, so just to avoid confusion (I'm not saying you are confused, but just in case anybody is...):

"No-follow" is unrelated to traffic. It does not tell traffic not to follow the link.

"No-follow" means that there is an actual link there, but the html tag inside the source code basically directs the search engine not to give it any weight as a backlink. You still get traffic and most of the benefits of the link; the link just doesn't help your search engine ranking.

I still don't know if Redgage links are no-follow or not. Nobody that has said that they are or that they are not have offered a compelling reason why.

TRUE!

I wonder if some self-appointed SEO gurus will realize the difference some day. Hope they understand it within next 27 years or so.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
  19. Julie-Ann Amos profile image62

Thanks -you're obviously more clued up than me!  Regardles of what the no follow means, the whole hub and post was about using redgage to get a free backlink.  Clearly this it does.  It send me traffic to my hubs.

Ergo, worth doing for the 5 seconds it takes.  Whether it officially constitutes follow or no-follow it's a "real backlink" that registers traffic on my hub.  That's good enough for me.

20. Jen's Solitude profile image87
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

I signed up to. Still trying to figure it all out, but it seems to be fine so far. I only have 6 hubs over there but have already earned .02 cents. lol Also noticed their search engine on one of my hubs as well.

~Jen

21. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

The links are more than nofollow... They are nowhere to be seen in the source code...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)