Why haven't I been paid?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)
  1. sparkster profile image86
    sparksterposted 7 years ago

Before this month's payment date, I changed the Paypal email address associated with my account. I received an email saying that all payments, going forward, would be sent to the new email address. However, this month's payment has not been sent to either my old Paypal email or the new one. I haven't received it at all. Can anyone enlighten me as to why this would be the case?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Have you checked that the address listing on your profile is typed correctly?

Otherwise, use the Help link and ask hub staff about it.

2. profile image52
      Richie C Richposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If they are paying you , then you are lucky.
      Don't ever expect to make money, earn income, or get paid for doing stuff on the Internet.  You need to create your own WebPage / Website, pay for Server Use and start your Own Business.  Only then it is possible to make money unless you scam people into giving you money.
      a HUB is not going to make you any money.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well in your case, you don't have a HUB so you certainly won't make money!

As someone who DOES have hubs, I beg to differ on whether you can make money - you most certainly can. I've made thousands over the years. Yes, a website is a must if you want to make serious income, but you can certainly get a nice hobby income here.

2. psycheskinner profile image84

That comment is completely irrelevant, because hubs are making this person money, just as they have made money with three zeros for me. Not easily and not quickly, but definitely real money in the bank.

3. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have an article on Hubpages which is a transfer from Squidoo. It's earned me over $2,500 over the years. That's one 1,500 word article that was on page 1 of Google for five years. Hubpages pays me every month, and I get paid weekly for writing blog posts. So I don't think you know very much at all.

4. earner profile image82
        earnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Utter nonsense, to be honest.

While the majority of (especially new) sites might have a flakey record of performance, Hubpages has exceeded my own expectations.  I have been paid on time every time I've been due money.  Most months in the last 10 years or so I've been here I've been paid.

Hubpages payments are reliable, fairly steady in payout - and "no nonsense".

I have never had any disappearing payments, or suspect figures. 

Hubpages is legit.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
          Jean Bakulaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have also made money on HP, but you need to build up a body of work first. You can't expect to be paid if you aren't writing. And even then, it can take certain hubs more time than others to be "discovered." Work hard and be patient.

2. sparkster profile image86

Thanks for the response. Yes, I've checked the email address is correct and also had to log in to the Paypal account to link it to Hubpages - so it's definitely correct. I've contacted HP and am waiting for a response.

3. sparkster profile image86

Well, it's now been four days since I emailed Hubpages about this missing payment and I have heard nothing back at all. Not even an acknowledgement that they got the message - nothing. I'm feeling very disappointed. After 8 years here, it seems that it may now be time to remove all of my content from the internet entirely.

1. psycheskinner profile image84

It can take several days, not counting weekends.  I would not consider that a 'late" response yet.

4. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 7 years ago

It looks like there was an attempt to pay you, but your PayPal account may have an issue. Login to PayPal and make sure you can accept payments. If you emailed the team, they will follow up.

sparksterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hmm very strange. There are no issues with the account as far as I can tell and is used for everything else with no problems. Thanks for getting back to me on this.

5. sparkster profile image86

I've emailed the team several times and have heard nothing whatsoever back. After changing my Paypal email address again it seems that this month's payment was sent as normal but the previous payment was sent to a different Paypal account and is showing as cancelled. I was expecting both payments to go to the same account this month but this hasn't happened. I am therefore still missing the previous month's payment. Emailing the team has proven to be pointless.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We replied to your email this morning. I recommend taking a look at your spam filter, since our emails can occasionally accidentally get marked as spam. Please let us know if you still haven't received our response.

sparksterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So it took four weeks to reply? I always check my spam folder daily by the way. If what the email claims is true then how come the payment was sent and then cancelled?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92
          Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Looks like your PayPal settings were set to require you to manually accept payments. When you did not accept, PayPal canceled the payment, not HubPages. We've responded to your email with additional details.

6. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

Paypal Profile > Profile & Settings > My Selling Tools > Block Payments which should all be set to No

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)