I'd like feedback on my Hub: Easy Method to Cure Canker Sore

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (32 posts)
  1. baisil m joy profile image60
    baisil m joyposted 7 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Easy Method to Cure Canker Sore (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image95
      SakinaNasir53posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi baisil, welcome to HubPages ☺
      Your hub is short. Try adding enough details and information about the topic. Add unique information that cannot be easily available online. There are many grammatical errors which hinder easy reading. You need to improve your grammar and mechanics.
      For example,
      Pain when try to open mouth
      Pain if accidentally touch the injury by tongue or by teeth
      Cant eat salty or spicy foods
      Cant talk properly

This could be written as follows:
      Pain when you try to open your mouth.
      Pain if you accidentally touch the injury by your tongue or teeth.
      Can't eat salty or spicy foods.
      Can't talk properly.

Add more images. One image isn't enough. Also, add the source name and URL. Wikipedia Commons, Flickr and Pixabay are great to use for images that are in the public domain. You could even click images yourself and post them in your hubs.

Too much use of italics or bold fonts isn't good. It distracts the reader and HubPages won't feature articles that have this. Only use bold or italics for those words or lines that are the most important.
      Hope this helps. Good luck! ☺

baisil m joyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you  SakinaNasir53  for your Valuable information :-)

You are welcome! ☺

2. baisil m joy profile image60

Is it necessary to  add the source name of the image ? although it says its optional ? If i am adding a lot of images do i have to add the source of all the images?

Yes. It is very essential to add the source of all your images.
          It's optional if you have clicked the image (but I feel it's better if you put your name in the "Source Name" option.)
          If you are including an image from a website, say Pixabay for example, you need to put a link of that image. HubPages need URLs to see if a hub is overly promotional or not.

Okay . Can you tell me why there is red rectangle symbol on my hub ?
            of the rectangle says it is traffic rising and i see lot of symbols and names of it below my hub .what are they ?

Red triangle means traffic is rising which is a good thing.
              Other symbols below your hub are for different purposes. The meanings are written there itself.
              Is there only a red triangle on your hub? Do you see any other symbol ?

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
                DrMark1961posted 7 years agoin reply to this

If he only had one view per day for the last few days, and then today has three or four views because of people looking the hub over, he will get a red triangle. It means nothing at this point.
                I was one of the people that looked this hub over. Several people have pointed out the problems, but it is also important for you to know that this hub will be getting no traffic from Google. If you are correcting it so that you can be a better writer, that is great. If you are correcting it so that you can get traffic, you are not using your time well.
                There are a lot of other hubs that say the same thing, and are written by pharmacists.
                When writing your next hub, I would suggest you write about the subjects you are most interested in and have a special knowledge of.

Thanks DrMark1961

Now there is another triangle near my hub. so now its two triangle. and at the bottom there are many symbols . my score is 67 , How much score do i need?
                there are many symbols below like Hubpro,editbot, commentbot, and like that

Red triangles are not a problem, if there are two means traffic is rising which is a good thing.A hub score of 67 is nice, I have had them as well. You don't need any score, thses scores are given by HubPages. The other symbols are just for reference about what they mean, if you have them on one of your hubs, you can know what it means then. Those symbols are there below for everybody.

Thank you sakinaNasir

Can you tell me how to use Edit Bot  for checking spelling and grammar?

3. baisil m joy profile image60

i felt  so confused when i look on wikimedia. Can you tell me step by step process  to get  good quality images on wikimedia?

When you go the Wikimedia site, click on Wikipedia Commons. Type in the search box to get the desired image. Clicking on an image, you can see a small box on the bottom right side  named details. You will get all the information you need to know about that picture. You can also get lots of free images according to your need.

thank you :-)

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
              Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Baisil, Sakina has given you part of the instructions, but you still need to know what to do with those details so you can use the photo  legally.  Please consult my Hub on the topic.

i searched on wikimedia and not all the images are public domain and even if i found one its low quality ,i looked many public domain photo sites most of them requires money  :-(
                which is your Hub ? give me link to it

1. theraggededge profile image97
                  theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Marissa isn't allowed to promote her own hubs so here you are: http://hubpages.com/community/How-to-Us … -Your-Hubs

If you want to see a person's hubs, just click on their forum avatar to the left of their message. That will take you to their profile page.

Wikipedia/Wikimedia are mostly Public Domain images as far as I am aware. Others are available under license. You simply need to credit the copyright holder, usually the photographer. The information is there when you click on the image.

There is a list of image resources at the bottom of this page: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Comm … hotography

Thanks

2. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi there,

I'm afraid your English language skills need improving before your hub will pass the Quality Approval process.  Perhaps you have a friend who could help you correct the problems?

Remove the italics.

Make sure you accredit your photos, which should be legal-to-use. You can't just take any photo from the web and republish it. Your photos should be either: taken by you, have a Creative Commons licence or be in the Public Domain. https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use

Spend some time in the Learning Center: https://hubpageshelp.com There is a lot of information there that will help you learn how to create a good hub.

Hope that helps.

Thank you theraggededge i will surely Spend time in learning Center

3. leaf erikson profile image57
      leaf eriksonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

nice article bro, but don't forget to use words like a and the before nouns.

Thank you Leaf

4. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 7 years agoin reply to this

First of all, there is no "cure" for canker sores. They are caused by the Herpes virus, and there is no known cure.

Rinse with salt water? sheesh.

1. leaf erikson profile image57
        leaf eriksonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

whoa bro, you're confusing canker sores and cold sores.  chill, basil boy is alright.

2. SakinaNasir53 profile image95

Yeah leaf erikson is right. You are getting confused with cold sores. Cold sores are curable too, check Google.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

People have given you some good advice but you need to be willing to do some study yourself, if you are going to be successful.

Sakina is not quite right about how to use Wikimedia.  If you go to my profile, you'll find a Hub on the slider about How to Use Photos Legally - read it and study it carefully and you will know all you need to know.

You will find several other Hubs on the slider which will help you understand how to use HubPages correctly. Please read them carefully. 

However, one word of warning - HubPages is an English language site and expects you to write fluent English, like a native speaker.  It looks as though English is not your first language and your Hub is full of grammatical errors and poor sentence structure.   It's not reasonable to expect other Hubbers to correct all your mistakes, so you need to find someone who speaks good English who will be willing to tutor you until you reach the required standard.  Until you can do that, it's unlikely you will have success on HubPages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)