I'd like feedback on my Hub: Brexit Impacts All Of Us

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Nicholas Mohollen profile image58
    Nicholas Mohollenposted 7 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Brexit Impacts All Of Us. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are competing with sites with greater authority, so to make your article attractive to traffic you need to find a unique angle.

Your hub could do with livening up, format-wise, so have a look at the Learning Center for tips: https://hubpageshelp.com

I do question your claim that 'Brexit has been a huge disaster with regards to the economic and political state of the UK'. Brexit hasn't happened yet and there were always going to be political and financial waves after the vote. Personally speaking, as a UK citizen, life continues on much the same as usual. You don't have a crystal ball, so be careful of making wild predictions based on opinion, rather than fact.

It's always good to finish an article on an 'up' rather than a 'down', so see what you can do. As a reader, if I finished the article with a groan, I wouldn't be inclined to read any more of your writing.

1. Nicholas Mohollen profile image58
        Nicholas Mohollenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I made some edits to my tone as well as backing up opinions. I think this is much better, but I still put in some of my thoughts on the direction I think the economy and politics will/could go. If you could provide anymore feedback that would be great. I keep getting shot down by the QAP and I'm not sure how much more I can do to keep this article published. Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I would but it's unpublished so I can't see it. Did you break up the text into smaller capsules? Just try to make it look pretty.

https://hubpageshelp.com/features/Learn … tured-Hubs

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

The ratings capsule is for use in recipes, you can't use it in an ordinary article and your Hub won't be approved if you do. 

Break your text up into several capsules and place your images between those capsules, not both at the bottom.  Right now your text is one big indigestible lump! 

Fix those two issues and you should have no problem getting the Hub past QAP. However, a word of warning:  HubPages is not a particularly good place to write about current affairs. While you'll get a lot of reaction from other HubPages members, the Hubber community is actually very small, so the attention will soon peter out. HubPages is really a place to write evergreen articles - articles that won't date and will continue to be useful to people for the long term.   If you enjoy writing about news, you may want to look at DailyTwoCents.com

3. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Brexit is an issue which will drag on for a long while. The withdrawal process could take a couple of years and has not even begun yet. Perfectly good subject for a page.

4. daydreams profile image95
    daydreamsposted 7 years ago

I think you need to break it down into more paragraphs and headings- it would make it look more interesting.

But not sure it is a good topic for a hub - there is loads out there on Brexit so I think you need an original angle at least.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)