Kathy Griifin

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (111 posts)
  1. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 6 years ago

The Sign Post up ahead. Next stop Liberal Exit USA.

1. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh, witches like manifesting death in their liberal arts.  Its like they worship death.  Here's some comedy... Can we start burning witches to make American great again? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13551271.jpg

2. profile image0
      promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

A right-wing extremist just murdered two innocent men in Portland who were trying to protect a Muslim woman.

How does that compare to Kathy Griffin?

PhoenixVposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Kathy Griffin and her Kathy Griffin Beheading Video.  Bloody, gory, severed head prop.   No, not as bad as deranged murderer and Bernie supporter in Portland.

Portland Deranged Murderer worse than Kathy Griffin Mock Beheading Images.

It needed perspective.

1. profile image0

Thank you.

You are welcome. Just thought of another one. Kathy Griffin Beheading Video not as bad as Auschwitz.

Kathy Griffin Beheading Images.  Not as bad as contracting leprosy.  Itsa glass half empty thing.

Donald J. Trump‏ Verified account @realDonaldTrump  6 hours ago

"Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself. My children, especially my 11 year old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!"

Liberal entertainment is not suitable for children.  Liberal entertainment ratings are skyrocketing in Mosul, though. So theres that.

2. profile image0

Well, just when I thought you were being reasonable, you had to throw up on the conversation.

2. Credence2 profile image80
          Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I read that this deranged killer in Portland was a Sanders supporter, but relative to the background and nature of Sanders and his program, that support was in name only. Everything he really believed was more in line with the Trump supporters, inconsistent with supporting Bernie.

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

She's an idiot. 'Nough said.

Is like someone dropped her on her head as a baby.  Someone wiped her server with like a cloth or something. A few charcoal briquettes short of a Spirit Cookout.

THIS is progressive tolerance.
        THIS is what the Democrat Party stands for.
        If a conservative public figure did this to Obama, it would lead every nightly newscast.

Probably desperate to distract Twitterverse from the non-robbery robbery theory. Whats the reward up to today?

2. Aime F profile image69
          Aime Fposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh my god stop it, 99% of liberals I've seen commenting on the photos think it was dumb and tasteless.  I certainly do.

All it does, ultimately, is strengthen the divide because of course you guys are quick to pretend that some crappy thing Kathy Griffin does is representative of the rest of us.  Please try not to be so hysterical and understand that not everyone can be bunched into one group - liberals are guilty of doing this too, but aren't you guys always touting yourselves as the smart ones? How about you actually hold yourselves to those standards?

1. profile image0

Well said.

3. Author Cheryl profile image80
          Author Cherylposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Umm they made a statute of Obama and strung him up with a noose around his neck.

1. profile image0
            ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Who did ?   I never saw that one .

I have no doubt toward people saying they saw images of Obama strung up, doesn't surprise me.  Could have been anyone who created the images, unless someone actually takes credit and signs their name to it...its just an assumption. 

CNN"s, Kathy Griffin brings it to a new level (inspired by ISIS beheadings?).  CNN has become the "CNN Terrorist" media.

In the name of Liberal Arts, Infowars announced they will run a CNN / Griffin  T-shirts contest to rise to the occasion, using their own material against them.  Soft belly!  The winner will receive $200K. 
              Something like this shirt...
              https://www.infowarsstore.com/gear/appa … shirt.html
              (it is not an affiliate link)

1. Aime F profile image69

Pastor Terry Jones from Florida and Richard Piersol from Idaho, to name a couple. Not just assumptions, but people who proudly hung Obama effigies and put his decapitated head on a stake.

1. profile image0

Total unknown fringe hyper- conservative flakes , Not mainstream conservatives or "unfunny " comedian celebs like Griffin  , quite a difference!

If Dennis Miller had that photo done with an  Obama head ; The entire republican party would have been hung at the gallows , Fact.

The difference of course being only exposure. The act and idea behind it is exactly the same.

Kathy Griffin is no more represantive of me than those "fringe hyper-conservative flakes" are of you. Do you not see that?

3. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

This is a classic example of the difference between a conservative and a liberal. A conservative knows that this is inappropriate no matter which side of the table the politician sits on. A liberal doesn't appear to have the ability to understand that.

Every once in a while you are perfectly reasonable and then you make posts like this and I get confused. Are you two different people posting under the same name or are you just having trouble deciding whether to be fair-minded or not?

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/donkey-kong-cross-tensions_171.jpg

*slowly backs away from thread..

Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sorry. That was a cheap shot to get you guys who get classified as liberal into the discussion. This was a disgusting thing this woman did. I do know that had some right wing idiot done something like that to Obama or Hillary most conservatives would have immediately expressed outrage. I haven't seen much comment on this one.

I'll be honest. I've always considered myself middle of the road, holding views which are both conservative and liberal; depending on how it benefits the most people in society by my perception. But this election cycle has caused the liberal side of the aisle to raise a very, very ugly head. It's left a very bad taste in my mouth. Credence's post is a prime example.

I understand. Though to be fair I do believe if Hillary had won you'd be saying the same thing about conservatives. This election was bringing out the worst in people in a way I've never seen before. I get frustrated with my 'own people' sometimes, too... Kathy Griffin being a good example of that recently. I also hated what Madonna said about blowing up the White House.

Twitter is really my go-to when it comes to social media/discussion platforms and a vast majority of liberals (and people in general) are saying what Kathy Griffin did was inappropriate and are pissed that she just made us all look bad.

1. profile image0

Last line ; I think  that it didn't take much .

You really can't help yourself, can you?

I suppose I would be rolling my eyes at radical conservatives had Hillary won. I rolled my eyes at them when Obama was in office. But, as much as I despise Hillary Clinton I would not stoop to such had she won.

2. profile image0

With all due respect, you may consider yourself middle of the road, but the great majority of your comments are well onto the right side of the aisle.

My comment is meant as an observation and not a criticism.

1. Live to Learn profile image61

Well, me being well onto the right side of the aisle is your perception. Not mine. I suppose I'm left of center but, well into the right?  Really? What do you consider to be far right? Anyone who is to the right of you?

I see you as a free spirit.

I see myself as a slave to the system I'd like to see broken but, thanks.

I see myself as a liberal conservative. Believe it or not I have a poster of Hillary in my den, above the etagere where I keep my action figures. Just because I come across as a rational and tolerant conservative does not mean I will tolerate Kathy Griffin beheading Videos or msm propaganda.

This poster? 
                    https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13552714.jpg

2. profile image0

Sarcasm duly noted. I meant it as an honest observation. For the record:

1. I have voted for many more Republicans than Democrats in my life.

2. You assume my intolerance of extremists who spread fake news via anonymous blogs automatically makes me a liberal. Intolerance of them has nothing to do with my political beliefs.

3. Since you seem ready to start another personal argument, I will say my observation of you is based on the number of your attacks on Democrats and liberals, although there are some exceptions.

You often post fairly intelligent and reasonable comments. But every now and then, as some people have noted, you start ripping away, especially if you think it has anything even slightly negative to do with you.

I do, truly, wish I could return the compliment but I don't read a whole lot of your posts and this one is typical of what I've seen. Judgmental, like your item number 2 which I have no idea how you came up with. And, a little touchy, as noted by your insisting I am looking for a personal argument. You addressed me so I don't see where I am attempting to pick a fight.

I do call to task when I think someone is being unfair in their assessments. I do accept that I am, at times, unfair in mine. I do attempt to rethink where needed and will adjust my opinion when new and relevant facts are presented. Facts mind you. Opinions are simply that.

1. profile image0

There is no longer any doubt in my mind that I perceive you more clearly than you perceive yourself.

2. profile image0

Case in point ...

lol  Had you noticed this had already been addressed and I pointed out it was a jab specifically designed to bring you guys into the discussion.

1. profile image0

I noticed it previously and clearly meant my comment as an addition to my post above. You were backpedaling. smile

4. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

Oh don't forget people , this is the lefts "Free Speech ",media    Yes , One picture of Bill OReilly  holding a bloody Obama head ?  The left would have a total and complete mental emotional meltdown .  Bill Oreilly  would be sentenced to life in prison and hung ,   Fox News would be banished to Siberia .
    But the left is just enjoying and employing the first amendment  ?

Naked Hypocrisy .

5. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

Don't get your drawers in a bunch, boys and girls, it is just TV. I have seen as much outrageous depictions regarding President Obama during his term so spare me the BS that 'conservatives don't do that sort of thing' schtick.

You better be worried about the 'real stuff' where he is vulnerable.

2 ScoopsGate?

1. Credence2 profile image80

Like I have always said, Phoenix, we will get him. It will take time, while we cannot talk about a actual decapitation, we can sure wait for him to do it to himself, politically.

Well, for sure. We all saw depictions of Obama lynched or beheaded. I remember them all, so well.

Not.

1. profile image0

NOT !    absolutely correct .++++++++++++++++

2. Credence2 profile image80

Well, I have seen such depictions of Obama from early Tea Party protests. The conservatives are just as loathsome  in their behavior and it disgusts me that you dare consider yourselves as operating from a higher plane.

So, that is MY case in point. You, like most conservatives, look only where you want to see.

Well, I've seen the picture of Kathy and her severed head. Offer up evidence to support your opinion and I'll gladly rethink mine. I'm afraid I haven't seen these images you claim exist.

But, let's think about it also. If these are sleazy images someone posted on Face book that is not quite the same as a D list celebrity. That gets more coverage. We all know the world has its share of assholes so the lone asshole posting a picture 10 people might view isn't quite the same.

Alright, your point is well taken, this entire affair involving Kathy was in bad taste. My problem with you is that you think that conservatives can't and don't do this stuff. I include your alt-right buddies as part of your group.

Goodness, Credence. If you and I have to lay claim to every idiot God ever created we are doomed.

There will always be those so far on the fringe that neither you, or I, need claim affiliation. Lone wolves, so to speak. Snoop Dog, Kathy and others in the entertainment industry should be chastised when they overstep the bounds of decency in the name of making a political statement. If not, one can only assume those who are in a position to chastise are in agreement.

Well, said, OK....

1. profile image0

Credence your comparisons are simply BS. .....    Joe Wilson , one idiot unruly republican politician  in dire lack of professional political manners  does not even begin to equal the   -opposite -An entire liberal ideology and  media in obstructionist pose with every outside influence involved ?  Quite a different picture . " I take more offence at Joe Wilson ......." you must not haveany  impressionable youth in your mix , .....the comparison is not even ethically or morally close.

Anthony Scalia ;    How many times has the left opposed the same  appointments ?

Sad part is , the left has declared war against all and any moral  decency in this new-- left movement ,  they are moving everyone , left -center and right towards the same actions as their own too, IMHO , Not since the revolutionary and civil war violence  has an ideology and a biased media   worked so hard  as to incite  something very ,very dark  ,as they are today .   Their youth are brainwashed to entitlements ,  their education system has prepared  this for decades , just listen to a school age twelve  year old offspring recite the going mantras of the left aboutthe rights of  free health care   , free education ,free this , free that ,........

Here's the thing and   none of it is important as this  ,  it's all based upon lies ,  The deception of a youth, any youth ,  almost always leads to violence in the streets and  It's here isn't it ?    Black masks ,  clubs , bricks and  bottles ,college minds , revolution always begins in the campus and ends in the trenches .     But the real question , How long before the right reacts ?   How long before the right  even begins to raise its back against such mindless ,  leftist drivel to say " Enough "?

BS, huh? Joe Wilson represented the conservative movement or did you forget the adulation the man got from the Tea Party, Fox and the Conservatives. Joe Wilson is a fine representative for you and your rightwinged buddies. Have you conveniently forgotten this? You have been born yesterday, but I certainly wasn't. It was the GOP and conservatives that have invented the concept of obstruction and shutting down the government like toddlers when they can't have their way. I know that, too. I think that the comparison is spot on.
                    ------------------------------------
                    'Anthony Scalia ;    How many times has the left opposed the same  appointments ?
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    But for the Senate Majority leader to openly state that partisan obstruction is the deliberate goal is a new low. And to carry on this nonsense for months?

Yes, the progressives are coming after the Right and will exert its influence through all legal and ethical means. I stand in the front lines of this struggle, to keep your clowns away from political power, using every mechanism provided with the confines of American law. You guys always used the biased media stuff as a diversion from the fact that you wish to conceal the truth, and you know what, you always have. The entire media and the whole world is against you? Perhaps, you have earned it. As for your opinion, I hear you, but we can never see eye to eye on many concepts. Twelve year old parroting left wing propaganda? Are you hearing things, just like your big Kahuna, Donald Trump?

The Right's reaction is to find an excuse to stifle dissent from the other side. There has not been that much trouble from student protesters. Rightwingers simply do not want any form of protest at all. But that is not going to happen. As for the Right raising its back reaction,  I say 'bring it'. Everyone will get to see your true nature and recoil at its discovery.

2. Aime F profile image69

But is that fair?

Is Kathy Griffin really any more representative of millions of people than some random guy from Idaho, or Florida, or ___? They both only have one vote. They're both only one person capable of making their own decisions apart from anyone else. Perhaps it makes Kathy Griffin herself worse than some random guy because she knows she has a platform, but is the action itself really any different?

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/10/17/ … bama-head/
            edit, here's an article with a photo: http://toprightnews.com/halloween-displ … ated-head/

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.theblaze. … -yard/amp/

And if you search for "burning" and/or "hanging Obama in effigy" you'll find a dozen more.

I have to agree and will go a step further a say Kathy Griffin is less relevant than some random guy in Idaho and has always been that way.

I will say that I am always surprised when people take celebrity opinions on politics with more than a grain of salt. We pay them to entertain us, so in that sense you are right. They are just one citizen voicing one opinion.

But, we both know that even a D list celebrity opinion carries more weight than the opinion of the average anonymous citizen. In that sense they should be held accountable to a different standard.

3. profile image0

Case in point ...

lol

Your point?

My point is that I have never seen a picture of Obama being depicted in the manner Griffin did, by anyone in the entertainment industry or in a position to have their sick senses of humor showcased in the entertainment media. So, if you have a valid point, please provide proof. As I stated, personal opinions don't count for much. This is why I don't read your posts unless they are attempting to pick a fight with me.

1. profile image0

It should be obvious that I'm noting your consistent hostility toward the left despite claims otherwise.

Regarding a fight:

Me: "My comment is meant as an observation and not a criticism."

You: " Really? What do you consider to be far right? Anyone who is to the right of you."

Is that what you call me picking a fight with you?

Actually, I ignore your posts. For the most part. I'm scratching my head as to why you don't ignore mine. Seems they set you off in a 'chase her around and poke at her' kind of way. How many threads are we hijacking at the moment? Bet it's a record.

My comments are meant as observations, also. You perceive them as criticism; as do I your comments. We don't see eye to eye. Either way. I am simply disappointed in the left. They appear to be stooping to the tactics of the right prior to the change of power. It serves no purpose and is detrimental to the interests of we, the people.

6. abwilliams profile image67
    abwilliamsposted 6 years ago

I must have missed "as much outrageous depictions"....
    Which Conservative was responsible? I'll boycott them in a heartbeat.

You did miss them? They can be resurrected quite easily with a simple google inquiry.

7. profile image0

Her apology is as phony as her talent !
    One more  morally prostituted , attention freak. .

The fact that she wasn't bright enough to understand how inappropriate that was in the first place speaks volumes about here.

1. profile image0

Fox for one actually shows a video of her preparing this , high fiving her son or someone!
        Her talents and appearances must have been dying ?

Might as well drum up business somehow .

Honestly, drumming up business was probably a large part of the push behind her actions. But, I've been more and more disheartened by the vitriol the left wing entertainment industry has displayed.

2. profile image0

I would say come to your own understanding of Christ's teachings and live as closely as possible to that understanding. Don't worry about what others do (whether Christian or otherwise) but stay true to your own understanding.

Sorry. Holding a bloodied and severed head is quite disconcerting. If you think it is the work of an intelligent, rational and considerate woman; I'll take your word for it that you do. I don't.

8. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

As for Kathy Griffin, her act, while offensive, is no more significant than the political cartoons I read daily.

I take much more offense at Joe Wilson, a representative from South Carolina, who in Sept, 2009 interrupted President Obama's address to Congress by calling him a liar. He, afterwards, was coronated by the Tea Party, Fox News and Conservatives in general as a reward for this rude outside of decorum behavior.

I take Offense at the GOP deliberately denying President Obama his Constitutional Right to fill the vacant seat left by the dear departed Antonio Scalia.

In the face of these real affronts, why am I to be disturbed excessively about cartoons?

I agree on everything except for Obama's 'constitutional right' to fill a seat on the Supreme Court. Either party would fight tooth and nail to stop a choice made by a lame duck president when they knew their party was about to take the White House. That's politics, not personal.

9. profile image0

The Liberals all  cry ;

" She's a comedian " and " free speech"........really ,  seems like a neurotic  wanna be to me .   Poor baby girl just was released from CNN ?  OMG ,...... I might just listen to CNN  one more time to see if there's a hope they  might pull out of their downward spiral .

Someone explain to me the humor in her picture ?

10. profile image0

The absolutely and vile hatred of Trump from the left is well represented  by Griffin's photo- shopping ,  Its also absolutely revealing as to how they feel  as they emotionally "debate " this style of  politics.
    Now the left says " Nothing To see Here "?

But , Kinda sorta  Toooo late people !

11. PhoenixV profile image64

https://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/3ba521f9-7f58-48e8-8a18-7048bd940b9e/1c3c8303-8422-4051-99d6-9be7f092e1ec.jpg

She apologized. But was it sincere?

She?  Um, don't ask, don't tell?  Sincere acting?
      One screwed up person in the head either way. 
      Seems like the far-left is a death cult manifesting more and more.

12. PhoenixV profile image64

IDK. She apologized. Who hasn"t gossipped? Who among us hasn't fibbed a little. Taken an extra donut from the breakroom on Pastry Tuesdays?  Made a bloody ISIS recruitment beheading video reminiscent of Jihad John? We all make mistakes.

13. PhoenixV profile image64

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/008/067/COLLEGE-LIBERAL.jpg

Griffin lawyered up and is now the VICTIM. Suupprize

The tears on the apology hadnt even had time to dry yet.

14. profile image0

A,B,C, D,  AND all the rest !    " A nothing burger" .........keep on keepin on though , You absolutely remind me of a few years ago living in an east coast city , Flat as a pancake , Watching people round a curve by my house in the winter time  and starting uphill on the only incline in the city .     

All the liberal professors leaving the college campus  in Volvo's and Saab's  spinning their tires at maximum RPM trying to climb the  icy hill !

Same liberal obstructionist  driving , going no where fast !

15. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 6 years ago

Well looks like Kathy Griffin is in hot water again. Now she is being sued by ISIS for cultural appropriation.
    http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/06/kathy … ropriation

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)