My niche site articles aren't making me money.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (31 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years ago

I have four articles that are on niche sites, but they rarely get any daily views. How can this be?

1. greenmind profile image94
      greenmindposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi I know what you mean. I have a few dozen on niche sites. I find that I can expect a third of them to get very few hits, a third to get a few a day, and a third, the "rock stars," get ten or more a day. But this is only after they've been published on a niche site for at least six months.

1. profile image0
        Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years agoin reply to this

SIX MONTHS?! WHAT?

1. peachpurple profile image82
          peachpurpleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I had waited for a year

1. theraggededge profile image96
            theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

PeachPurple, I looked at your 'Tips to Eat Well and Age Well' hub, and there are a lot of grammatical errors in it. I particularly noticed that you stated that the majority of elderly people are stubborn, illiterate and stuck-in-the-mud. Making blanket (and erroneous) statements like that will win you no favors with the editors, or your readers. How would you think an older person would feel reading that about themselves?

Menopausal women aren't elderly big_smile And the food pyramid is not considered to be a healthy model of eating any more.

If your other hubs are written in the same manner, they probably won't get moved to the niche sites. You might think about working on them and changing the tone of your writing.

I'm off to bicker with myself now, as I have no-one else to talk to other than my dogs.

2. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

you are actually lucky to have your hubs transferred to the niche sites. All my 132 hubs are still here, not moved to the niche sites. Just wait. Maybe you can try share the link at social medias

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Peachpurple, if none of your Hubs have been moved yet, then it's very unlikely they will be. You have to submit them (using the "Submit to a network site" link at the top of each Hub). You can submit only one Hub every two weeks.

However, the fact that not one of your Hubs was picked in the first selection makes me worried. As I mentioned on another thread, it would be worth reading my Hub on How to Optimize your Hub - I think it would help you revise your Hub so they are in a style HubPages is looking for, for the niche sites.

I suggest starting at the top - submit your best-performing Hubs first.  Make sure they meet the new rules - you'll find a summary of them in my Hub on The Basic Rules.

1. profile image0

She's right, peachpurple. You have to improve your articles and submit it to a niche site. I made a couple of mistakes publishing articles that are not worthy of being on niche sites. Now, I'm waiting until October 21 to publish another article that I worked very hard on. It's an Evergreen article on climate change and hurricanes.

2. profile image0

I need help with that as well. Things have changed within the last year. I signed up for Hubpages in mid July of last year. Only now have I decided to follow Wrylit's advice on how to Title Hubs. They always need to start with a question. After that, my autism article went from 3 views per day to 14 views today. I also changed the title of one of my hubs, and that hub kept getting traffic.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

I think you are doing very well for a new Hubber, Ivan.  Oh, and I agree with you about HubberScore and HubScore.

1. profile image0

Yeah. Hubberscore and Hubscores mean nothing when the simplest thing to do would be to write more articles to earn traffic. Money and friendship is what drives me to this site.

2. profile image0

Thank you for those kind words.

2. csbiswal profile image60
    csbiswalposted 6 years ago

Please write more article and get them published also try for marketing your article in regular basis

Banned. Probably for stating the obvious. Oh well.

1. profile image0

OMG!

2. profile image0

My first niche site article came in Late June of this year. Since then, I've had three more niche site articles, including an article that I submitted to HealDove.

2. profile image0

You can't promote articles other than to help your articles be criticized. Promotion of articles are strictly prohibited.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
        FatFreddysCatposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Dude may be banned, but I think he was referring to "promotion" in places other than HubPages, like social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc., etc.)

Just having your stuff on a niche site isn't enough. It would be nice if all you had to was post your article, and the Internet would come beating down your door... but it rarely happens that way.

You gots to hustle 'n' pimp yo'self in order to draw eyeballs to your stuff, cuz if you got no traffic, then you got no dinero. No bueno, but true.

1. profile image0

That's true. Promotion on other sites is legal. Question: Why did he get banned?

1. NateB11 profile image88
            NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

He probably got banned for something we don't know about. He's not going to get banned just from being banal on a forum thread.

1. NateB11 profile image88
              NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

At any rate, in answer to your original question, to get significant traffic to an article takes two things; (1) it has to be about something people look for and isn't already covered by a strong competitor and (2) it takes time.

Looks like most of your articles are not very old yet; it can take anywhere from 3 months to a year for an article to start getting traffic, depending on the subject. In terms of being search friendly, I've found it's mostly helpful to work on titles to make sure they are search friendly, that titles are phrases people use to search in the search engine. You should go to Wrylilt's profile and look at her articles about crafting good titles.

1. profile image0

Who's Wrylilt?

3. profile image0
    marcuscaineposted 6 years ago

I briefly went through your profile and I noticed that you have a habit of writing multiple articles in spurts. This usually is not a good idea because it really messes with your traffic.

Also, here are some articles from Glenn Stok explaining how to write articles with good viewership:

https://hubpages.com/community/overlook … techniques

https://hubpages.com/community/hubpages-strategy-tips

Also, do you have a Google Analytics account?

I hope this helps!

What? It doesn't make any difference whether you write three in a week or over three months. Eventually it all evens out.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

Marcuscaine, I think you are confused.  It doesn't matter if you write in spurts. 

You may have read that advice elsewhere (not on HubPages), because it's good advice if you have your own blog.  Blogs do best if you post regularly (say, once a week or once a fortnight).   If you posted five articles then did nothing for five weeks, your blog would suffer.

However, on HubPages, new articles are being posted every single day by other Hubbers, so it doesn't matter how often YOU post, there's always lots of fresh material.

3. profile image0

Yes, I have a google analytics account

4. CYong74 profile image96
    CYong74posted 6 years ago

I think the niche sites vary in traffic attractiveness, even if overall they are still better than HubPages. My hubs on Letterpile barely get anything too. (I depend on Owlcation, followed by Wanderwisdom)

5. Luke Holm profile image87
    Luke Holmposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't expect to make much money off of 4 niche site articles. I have 10k+ views and have only made a few bucks on HubPages.

1. profile image0

So what? I edit articles for money and fun. I'm on HubPages to make friends and earn money.

2. profile image0

I looked at your profile. You have a very rare trophy in here, even rarer than mine's.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)