Need help from any tech guru here

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13776056_f520.jpg
    I just suffered a massive loss in adsense earnings and discovered that it is because my RPMs dropped 87%.  I only use Adsense ads and have only added three or so hubs to my sites within the past week or so.  Adsense gives some fixes, but I don't understand them and  since I am not deeply tech savvy am afraid to use any of them for fear of messing up my numbers.  Views are a bit less yesterday, but not much, although they have been falling the past few days, but not to uncomfortable levels.  Anybody?

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Several of us have noticed there are no Adsense earnings via HP at the moment. I can see a few pennies from my blog, but not a thing from any of the niche sites.  I switched back to HP a couple of weeks go, perhaps you should do the same until Adsense is back up?

1. sallybea profile image95
        sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am using HP ads but have had no earnings from Adsense either for the past 2 days.  Prior to the Adsense part has been very good so perhaps there is a blip in the system somewhere.  HubPages Ads are good at the moment.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I checked my ad views on Adsense after posting this.  There have been none for the past two days, according to their site, but even with that, I had some small earnings yesterday.  Now that I know this is happening to others here, I feel better.  No doubt there is a glitch somewhere.  If so, ALL of us should be seeing problems.

My guess is that if this is the problem, once it is fixed, earnings will come roaring back on Adsense to make up for the losses, so I'm going to hang tight for a few more days to see what happens.

So glad you responded but am hoping other writers here will do the same so we can see the extent of this problem.

1. viryabo profile image92
            viryaboposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I was so tired of “hanging tight”, so I just switched back to HP ads.

2. kenneth avery profile image79
        kenneth averyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

raggededge: just saw the AdSense glitch myself--but Christy at HP says that it should be okay by Monday.

Fingers crossed x

2. incomeguru profile image95
          incomeguruposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Obviously, HP caused this problem. But it is hard for them to come out openly and accept their wrong Ad test which has caused massive loss of Adsense earnings.

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yep, Adsense down way low today but it does tend to swing quite a bit in my experience. Let's hope it's just a glitch.
      HP ads are excellent for me at present, CPM level pretty high, with healthy traffic.

My adsense views and payouts have been good until yesterday.  They've dropped some, but since my hubs are seasonal, I always expect that.  However such a huge drop in earnings is a red flag that something has gone wrong.

I have emailed the team about this issue because I do think there is some sort of glitch that actually involves them and adsense but is reflecting in the incomes of the writers here.

As for fluctuations, there have been times when I have seen huge fluctuations, mostly when earnings went up significantly.  Have not seen a dip to this level since before I switched to Adsense, so something is definitely wrong.

2. viryabo profile image92
    viryaboposted 6 years ago

I too have noticed that Adsense earnings have plummeted. Just a few pennies each day, especially after switching back to HP ads in frustration.

I feel much better about it now, knowing it’s not just me.

Having said that, I’m not that impressed with my HP ads earnings either, especially after the new changes that I was made to believe will increase my earnings.

3. Don Bobbitt profile image83
    Don Bobbittposted 6 years ago

Yeah! Adsence down, views down, and my Amazon is non-existent over the past 1-2 weeks. I just attributed it to a combination of HP and Google playing with their standards once again.
    When this happens, i just take "the long view" .... at first, until one of you more diligent writers find the source of the problem.
    LOL!
    DON

4. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 6 years ago

I can't understand what you are all talking about?

What is this switching to Adsense or HP ads? Is there any choice like that? And how to manage Adsense? I never understand it.

I simply leave it to the administration after getting the Adsense. On my blog also, I never think of doing any experiments. It is simply earning one or two pennies daily. That's all.

You have the choice to participate in the HP ads program, or turn it off so that your income comes directly from Adsense. When views are down, I find it beneficial to switch to Adsense only.

It sort of depends on the type of articles you write. TimeTraveller writes content that does well on Adsense only.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Basically, you must use Adsense. However, you can choose to use it along with the HP ad program, or you can configure it in your settings to stop using the HP program and just use Adsense.  Either way, you can still use Amazon ads.  I switched to Adsense only several months ago, and for me it has really worked out well.  However, it does not do well for everybody, so you have to be willing to experiment.  The good news is that you can easily switch from one plan to the other simply by changing the configurations on your Earnings page.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
        Venkatachari Mposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to both of you, @TT2 and @theraggededge.
        But, I believe Adsense pays at a very low rate as compared to HP program.
        And, do you select any particular type or category of ads at Adsense? If so, how to do it?
        I have seen the different categories at Adsense when they asked me to configure it on my blog. I simply disallowed the sensitive category and ticked all others okay.

No, it's out of your hands. It's just like a light switch, on/off. You don't select anything.

There is potential to earn more, the same, or less. It depends on the value of the clicks.  Like TT2 says, you have to experiment. Don't do it at the moment because of the glitch, but when all is back to normal, you can just go into your earnings settings and switch off the HP Ad program. Leave it for a week and see what happens. If earnings drop, then switch back. I found it was advantageous back in the spring when traffic reduced - it meant my daily earnings stayed more or less the same. Then when traffic picked up, Adsense earnings did not, so I swapped back to HP.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
            Venkatachari Mposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Okay. Thank you for this valuable advice.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

I never switched back because for me, the Adsense earnings became unbelievably good.  I'll be interested to see how HP does now, but I'm not hoping for much because my views right now are around half of what they were during my season and HP pays on views.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)