how do you cure a yeast infection for good?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. shickie profile image60
    shickieposted 15 years ago

how do you cure a yeast infection for good?

2. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

There is no way to cure a yeast infection indefinitely. A vagina has a supply of yeast all the time. It is when the yeast becomes abundant that a problem occurs. Often changing a few things can decrease the amount of yeast infections a woman may have. Things such as introducing yogurt into your diet. Yogurt contains healthy bacteria that help reduce Candida (the yeast that causes a yeast infection). Also stay out of wet clothing, such as bathing suits for prolonged periods of time. Also keep good hygiene. It is important to clean and then dry off the area completely before putting on undergarments. Decrease the amount of sugar in your diet. Avoid being on antibiotics when they are not absolutely necessary.
    Diflucan is a prescription that works really well in treating yeast infections. It can be prescribed by a gynecologist and is only a few pills and is relatively cheap (especially with insurance).

3. Brian Colborne profile image40
    Brian Colborneposted 14 years ago

the best yeast infection eradication system on the market is the yeast infection no more system (ive reviewed all of them, i run a site that sells them)

i have a hub on it somewhere...

I do believe you can live a lifestyle that will completely cure any yeast infection , but remember yeast infections  start in the intestines and get chronic/systemic through living a lifestyle that encourages candida(high sugar and starchy foods, too much stress etc. Beware of using over the counter and drugs, they generally wont cure a yeast infection for good - just suppress the overgrowth for a time, for that you need to use natural methods (herbs and oils)and lifestyle.

4. toctyih profile image60
    toctyihposted 14 years ago

A yeast infection is caused by the imbalance between the yeast cells and good bacteria in your body.

From my experience, the best way to cure a yeast infection is to change your life style.  Start eating healthy foods, more vegitables and fruits.  Avoid sugar whenever you can. Don't eat processed food.

It might take some time but your body will eventually regain the balance and the nasty symptoms are going to go away.

Watch what you eat every day.

5. progame profile image58
    progameposted 14 years ago

Dietary changes and lifestyle changes.
    Use natural remedies to relieve some of the symptoms.

6. DIY Better Health profile image62
    DIY Better Healthposted 14 years ago

Candida (Yeast Bacteria) is present at all times.  It is normal for this bacteria to be found in the intestines & hence your faeces.

From what I remember about an article on the immune system & Probiotics.  I understand a little more about bacteria & Intestines.

We need 85% good bacteria & 15% bad bacteria!!  This is the preferred percentage balance for our intestines to perform their role correctly.

Coffee, anti-biotics and a thousand other things can easily alter the balance and these bad bacteria guys take a little too much control!!! 

This lack of balance is where the candida bacteria tend to increase & flourish which causes all sorts of terrible problems. 

I actually decided to start taking probiotics myself because I drink a fair bit of coffee. 

There are lots to choose from but not all probiotics are the same.  Anyway, I have finally got my head around swallowing living little bacteria!!!

It took me a while to actually decide to give it ago.  No regrets so far. 

So load up with good bacteria and they will push the candida bacteria back into line!!

7. futura profile image74
    futuraposted 14 years ago

I agree it's all about the balance. I'm always surprised to see how many people automatically resort to using OTC meds to treat yeast infection. Even though it sometimes burns them!!!

A change in diet is definitely the way to go, and the one two punch is the diet change along with a homeopathic treatment.

Here's an article that explains the balance and what can be done little more:

http://www.wellsphere.com/women-s-healt … rn/1053494

8. harrybaguio@hotma profile image59
    harrybaguio@hotmaposted 13 years ago

i totally agree with one of the commenters - yeast will always be there. You just cant hide from them. What keeps them from growing is your natural bacteria or flora.

However, if you disturb balance that is when you get it. One of the ways we disturb this balance is taking antibiotic medications. Antibiotics kills the "Bad bugs" but, it also kills the "Good Bugs" that keep you health. 

You see, it is like your in a Big croud. For example -The majority of the crowd are behave people and little numbers there are also trouble makers. The Behave people or your normal flora "good bacteria" keeps the trouble makers at bay. They can never create havoc because there are soooo many good guys. However, when you start killing the good guys with antibiotics the Good guy's number drops. All of a sudden then, the trouble makers overcrowds the good guys and wreaks havoc. So, be careful with them antibiotics. They can be good but also bad for you.

The other reason why you get yeast infection is when your immune system is lowered - maybe from stress, physiological causes, medications (steroids, immune suppresants). If you have a battered army you will always lose the battle. That is why Adding fresh vegetables is always beneficial. Vegetables improves your immune system or your army, so it can fight infections better.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)