What were the worst /best things that George Bush achieved or failed at during h

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

What were the worst /best things that George Bush achieved or failed at during his term as President

How has his leadership helped or hindered the American people?

2. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I'm probably about as far from a fan of President Bush as you can get but the one that he did do was get us prepared for a flu outbreak.  President Obama gave him credit for that and rightly so.

3. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

He got rid of Clinton's ergonomic policy on his fourth day in office. It is very important to have an ergonomic work space, and tools, but the Clinton policy would have put such a heavy burden of requirements and regulation on small business that eventually we would have no small business. Bush's proposal in that area was to let innovation from the private sector lead the way. I agree.

4. profile image0
    comp3820posted 14 years ago

The best things that George Bush did as President include standing up for moral principles, standing up for America, and protecting American people by taking the war to the terrorists. He also beefed up national security, and several plots of terrorists were foiled.
    However, he did not act fiscally responsible, and increased the federal deficit, even if his spending does pale in comparison to the money Obama is pending now.

5. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

My Step-Son Served Under Him as Commander in Chief. There are things I would question about George W. Bush's term and things I would give an A+ for. That may sound moderate...but let me tell you that I believe the U.S. and the Globe are going through hard changing times. How we handle the problems says alot. Bush is judged on the Iraqi War. Is it relevant to judge a President on one thing and not many things...when so much happened during his Presidency? Oh...You should definitely judge him on the War...for sure...but is it that what defines his Presidency at the end? Maybe...it will...I don't think it should quite so soon. We are still in a battle over terrorism...something that falls down in ranking order on the evaluation punchlist. Personally...I think that it is great that acts of terrorism have been limited from what they looked like they would have been like after 9-11. I would like to see acts of terrorism eliminated. I believe a thorough checklist is in order...one that history will make for George W. Bush..

The Iraqi War was very bad...it cost me worlds of pain back at my house. Strangely...I never hear Sadam criticized in the mentioning of the Iraqi War...like Sadam was some sort of a victim of it all. That is really odd! It's all about America...and Bush. Well...we didn't go into Kuwait and then destroy all their oil fields like some kind of self-proclaimed Hitler...and we didn't wipe-out, rape, torture, etc. of unmentionables to our own people...and hold children in prisons until they were old enough to join the Army...and we didn't violate U.N. agreements on armaments...like Sadam did...because he knew no one had enough back bone to enforce them. Has it been a horrible War...Yes! Should we have put an end to Sadam's reign...Yes! Please...Please...send an older guy like me out to help fight anytime there is children being imprisoned unfairly and then forced to join an Army of a dictator.That's all I'm saying...Thank you to all those that served in the military...and to my Step-Son!

6. Quilligrapher profile image73
    Quilligrapherposted 14 years ago

Have you noticed how often George W. Bush tried to hide the truth from the American people?   Among his most flagrant lies: declaring “Mission Accomplished”, using non-existing weapons of mass destruction as an excuse to invade Iraq, exploiting America’s fear of terrorism to camouflage a blatant shift from freedom to tyranny known as the PATRIOT ACT of 2001.

Following 9/11, with the public gripped by fear and the government under enormous pressure to appear pro-active, the Bush administration and the distracted Congress converted law enforcement’s long opposed wish list of additional powers into The USA Patriot Act of 2001.  The swishing noise that echoed around the world that year was not the sound of water boarding.  It was the sound of American civil liberties, yours and mine, being flushed down the political toilet.  Due process and a writ of habeas corpus are rights guaranteed by the constitution to every US citizen even those who oppose the government.  If we do nothing when one citizen is imprisoned without access to council or a trial, then you or I may be next.

Every freedom loving American should write to his congressmen demanding the repeal of the USA Patriot Act of 2001 before it is too late.

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” - Benjamin Franklin

Q.

7. David Schulze profile image60
    David Schulzeposted 14 years ago

George Bush had something pushed upon him that no one imagined possible.  America wanted revenge.  But who to go after?
    Presidents make decision based on intelligence they receive from their staff members.
    What do you do if you have two experts telling you Saddam has no weapons of mass destruction and two telling you yes he does?  Who do you believe?  Well based on what we knew then, I would say the two saying Saddam has weapons of mass destruction.  We know he had them because we, along with the French, China and others sold them to him.  We know he had them because he used them on Iran and the Kurds.  This nonsense that Saddam had no WMDs because they were not found is false propaganda.  Tons of Yellow Cake were shipped to Canada from Iraq several months ago--this yellow cake could be used for a reactor or used to make nuclear weapons.
    This link is to an article that gives some common sense to the question about WMDs:  http://www.iraq-up-close-and-personal.c … ction.html and if you look around the site there are several articles about the WMDs.
    It is irresponsible to say that because they have not been found they did not exist.

8. pmm349 profile image62
    pmm349posted 14 years ago

The worst thing that President Bush did was allow the national debt and deficit to be raised. He was not a good fiscal conservative. Also, I think he should have allowed stem cell research.

The best things that President Bush did were keeping the country safe (no attacks since 9/11), the spread democracy to the Middle East, raise awareness for the AIDS epidemic in Africa and provide money for it, giving out two tax cuts, and rallying the country after the 9/11 attacks

9. The Shark profile image59
    The Sharkposted 14 years ago

The Best thing "s" President Bush did was:
    Keep our country from being hit again!
    Liberated 50 million people in Iraq,
    Kept North Korea and Iran in their place,
    Aprroved the anti missle shield in Europe
    Approved the US anti missle shield in Alaska
    Gave an executive order to begin drilling for our own oil.
    Instituted No Child Left Behind.
    Pushed for a plan to put Social Security on the road to solvency
    cut personal tax rates twice
    Unfortuantely, the Congress and Obama have undone most of these accomplishments.

10. kulewriter profile image60
    kulewriterposted 14 years ago

During the early post-9/11 days he instilled a lot of sorely needed confidence in the American public; however, he failed at remaining true to his Conservative views and as a result compromised America's potential during his tenure.

11. profile image49
    ppjackyposted 14 years ago

He has acheived "The complete distruction of our country, our constitution, and everything we are!  He has signed into law  an Act that is going to soon wipe out America all together!  If he is not held accountable before they lock down that new underground city.  That 60 year conspiracy becomes our REALITY for real!  The clock is ticking!  Why has he not been charged with TREASON yet?  What is more important right now?  Haiti or America?   Obama has to step up and reverse that unconstutional Act signed into law Without approval from our congress!  That's what is happening right now!!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)