How to forgive

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Lazur profile image70
    Lazurposted 14 years ago

How to forgive

how do you forgive someone who made you get into trouble of any kind?

2. Berry1 profile image62
    Berry1posted 14 years ago

Hi there,
    Thats a tricky one,but it takes a while to forgive and forget doesnt it??,but in the end if you dont forgive you are only hurting yourself,so there are different ways of forgiving,writing a letter,talking about it to someone else like a close friend,everyone has faults in their lives and noone is perfect,but yes it is best to forgive than not.

3. Afonso profile image61
    Afonsoposted 14 years ago

try to think about the good moments you spent with that person and you will see you can forgive easly.

4. Ellandriel profile image76
    Ellandrielposted 14 years ago

Forgive is a mental decision, not a emotional one.
    You wake up one day and decide that you will forgive one person and every day you remember yourself of that.

You don't let hate grow inside of you, and you will live happier!

5. Lazur profile image70
    Lazurposted 14 years ago

@ Margaret
    This is more a question in general. If it's about me I can say.. I forgave my father for being drunk when we were kids and for neglecting us when we were young. I forgave my mother for hitting me when she felt bad about herself and she couldn't handle the things and forgave her for abandoning us when we were little. I forgave because there was remorse. I got into a lot of trouble, but I could understand them after explanations.
    The only choice I made was the forgiving, I didn't make the choice of getting into trouble , or getting neglected or being hit..

I'm just curious why you think people always have a choice :)Aren't there circumstances sometimes beyond control?. Isn't it more about having the choice between to accept or not to accept?

It's almost a complete hub now:D

6. NATURALBROWNING profile image61
    NATURALBROWNINGposted 14 years ago

It tough to forgive, but not impossible.  You can start by confronting the issue or problem that started it all.  Once this is out in the open, you can get it out of your system, voice your opinions and tell how it made u feel.  Allow the other person to explain (truthfully explain) I believe its the anger that makes you not in the forgiving mood, but when thats over, there is nothing left but to forgive and let it go.  You may never have the same relationship with that person again, but at least the problem is out and over and u can move on.

7. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Well, I have been taught to forgive from the heart and forget. But Honestly, its really hard.  I still have issues with it.  I've had someone hurt me so much and I say to myself "I forgive him", "May it be well with him".  Weeks later, when I think of what he's put me through and the effects, I think to myself "Son of A ...B".

Work in progress for me....  It is also Healthy to forgive.  Unforgiveness can bring health problems. Anyway, at the moment, I feel I have forgiven all who have offended me.

8. Tamarii2 profile image57
    Tamarii2posted 14 years ago

TELL THEM I AM A WOMEN WITH A FUTURE.SO EXCUSE ME.OH BY THE WAY I FORGIVE YOU BECAUSE FORGIVING YOU HAS SET ME FREE TO MOVE ON WITH A VISION AND A GOD GIVEN
    PURPOSE.ENJOYING THE JOURNEY.PEACE.

9. lotuslove19 profile image69
    lotuslove19posted 14 years ago

Do not keep grudges ,its forgiven  already!!!  let it be cheers@of everything.

10. profile image52
    will vaughnposted 14 years ago

If you dont forgive them they not only got you in troulbe,they have also interferred,with your road to being you,and this is what you are doing ,weather you like it or not,we are all in the process,of our own life,...ok so what im tryin to say is if you are happy with you  than forgiveness should come  because you are a good person good things are coming ,you cant be weighted down by why he or she did this,by bitterness,or worse hatred,dont let something that someone else did or tricked you in to doing for them,or lied to you,eat you up,it might just ruin your whole life..

11. dreamer32 profile image67
    dreamer32posted 14 years ago

Hello Lazar! I noticed your question on how to forgive! I like to answer these types of questions!  Forgiving a person who hurt you is very difficult!  How to forgive? However, if you go into a situation to  confront a person so that forgiveness and healing can take place ! Always be sure that you have a peace in your heart about the situation before confronting the person! The reason why I say this because if one goes into a situation expecting forgivness and healing between you and that person while knowning in your heart that you should not confront them! It will make the situation worse between you and the person who hurt you!This is a big mistake! Before confronting, be very careful!!! Another  way of forgiveness, you can have a gut -wrench cry; crying is a form of form of forgiveness also, which causes emotional hurts and pains are being released!While crying, you might feel healed at once! But there times that gut wrenching cries will happen in pieces for you!  These are form of relasing which is forgiving! Too, it is important to go around a very trusted-invidual who can relate your unforgiveness! This is another form that you will probably heal emotionally and metality. It might not happen at one time, but it will be usually piece by piece! I hope I have answered! you have any more questions concerning that matter! Come and visit my blogger on http://enlightened32.blogspot.com/ and look on the right page to see my e-mail address! Leave a message there and i will be glad to help you! Thanks! I hope that this is your answer! Thanks for your question!

12. unknown spy profile image44
    unknown spyposted 12 years ago

Please read this story about forgiveness, maybe it will answer your question. And once you read the last part, I know, it will surely make you cry.

http://unknownspy.hubpages.com/hub/I-Wi … orgive-You

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)