If your god is the true god, does that mean all those who worship another are wr

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. profile image0
    surfgatinhoposted 14 years ago

If your god is the true god, does that mean all those who worship another are wrong?

2. Yasmina profile image59
    Yasminaposted 14 years ago

If we believe in Bible and what Jesus said in Matthew 7:13-14
    there is just two ways to go. One leads to life and the other
    way to death.
    And also in Matthew 7:21-23 we find that there is True
    religion and False religion.
    To us that means that it's very important to know if my faith
    is what the Bible say or not.
    It may be a matter of life and death.

3. Born Again 05 profile image79
    Born Again 05posted 14 years ago

Once again my answer is based on my belief that the Word of God as written in the Bible is the absolute truth. Indeed, in Matthew 7:13,14, Jesus is speaking, "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.  Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." I believe that narrow path is the one taken by those who trust in Christ alone for their salvation. In Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus is still speaking. He says, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'  And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'  The will of His Father in Heaven is that all should repent of their sin, accepting Christ's death, burial and resurrection as full atonement for their sin, and live a life that glorifies God. There is only one true God. He alone is worthy of worship.

4. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 14 years ago

God is God when dealing with the absolute.  The God of the cosmos or existence, what ever word you want to use in this day and time is the same being.  God is all knowing, all powerful, and all pervading.  Therefore by useing logic, God is God on any planet, star, in any galaxy, alternate reality, or what ever else.

The individual being is very limited compared to God so we can only see and experieince with limited senses.  It is not a matter of being right or wrong in my eyes, it is a matter of experience, perception, and blessings.  Those that worship God by differnt names experience God differntly.   

Just like there are somany forms of education, yet people eperience them differenlty.  I find that people get passionate about the issue because they have so much fear about being wrong that they project it on others and hope to have strength in number to support their belief. 

Oh, the God I serve allows for reincarnation so I am safe all the time.  I get it right I make it back to Godhead, I get it wrong I have to reincarnate in some other form in some other world.  Makes no difference to me.  Some days I kind of want to make it to a world where I am a dragon so I could have some fun. 

God does not need us to know he/she/it exist God just exists.

5. chukra G profile image61
    chukra Gposted 14 years ago

what do you understand about god first?

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I appolgize for not being sensitive or PC, Yes.

7. Amanda Godby profile image61
    Amanda Godbyposted 14 years ago

Well, if you really do some research into religions, you would find several religions that have the same basic beliefs, same types of stories or lessons... So, while I do agree that not all religions are "correct" (for lack of a better word), I belive that some religions worship the same God that I do, just in their own way. For example: the Catholic, Christian, and even the Muslim religions all spawned off the Jewish religion. So, although God may go by a different name in each, he is, in essence, the same God. They just worship him differently than I do. So, knowing this, I cannot say that ALL those who worship another are wrong. Besides, it is not for me to judge who is right or who is wrong to begin with. That is God's job, not mine. "Thou shalt not judge". But me personally, I believe that my God is a passionate God, and a forgiving God. I do not believe God would punish people for ignorance. If you were brought up in a certain religion, with very minimal exposure to other religions, did you really get to choose your religion in the first place?? I believe that God will reward those who live good lives, and will punish those who lead bad ones. Everyone of us was givin the gift of free will to live our lives as we wish. I do not think that God would send a Wiccan or a Buddist to hell if they lived a good life and brought good and happiness to the lives of others, just because they don't worship Him directly. But again, that's just my personal opinion.

8. mvjohn100 profile image61
    mvjohn100posted 13 years ago

No. I believe so. I believe all gods are different manifestation of same power. So even you love your father very much you can't say he is the best father in the world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)